Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page New MF Doom ALBUM next f'ing month!!!!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.20.2009, 08:24 PM   #101
vulva
the end of the ugly

vulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's asses
Lightworks motha trucka
vulva is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2009, 08:38 PM   #102
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Oh nice, "Angeles" is on it? I guess that's no longer a GhostDoom track.
Old 03.20.2009, 08:39 PM   #103
vulva
the end of the ugly

vulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's asses
Well, was it ever really considering it was on that boondocks mix tape long before?
vulva is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2009, 09:47 PM   #104
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Oh nice, "Angeles" is on it? I guess that's no longer a GhostDoom track.

No, it still is. He's performing as Tony Starks though.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2009, 10:08 PM   #105
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
NO I meant on the Nature Sounds comp is was released as a Ghost Doom track from the upcoming SWIFT & CHANGEABLE. So apparently, it's on this album instead?
Old 03.21.2009, 09:10 AM   #106
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Ah right. Yeah, it is, and it's absolutely fantastic, although I guess you already know that. I couldn't tell you if it's the same mix as the previously released version or not.

I think I’m beginning to get a feel for the album. In addition to the brilliance of Ballskin and That's That, the two posthumous J Dilla tracks on this are great, as is the Madlib one. Batty Boyz is the best gay superhero diss track you'll ever hear. Oh and Cellz would already be awesome if it didn't sample Bukowski. That just pushes it over the edge into mind-blowing status. Actually screw the breakdown, this whole album is just plain great. After 4 listens I can't judge fully, but I suspect I'll end up counting this as one of the best thing DOOM's put out. It's SUPER tight too. 17 tracks in 40 minutes! A refreshing change from most rap albums.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
Old 03.21.2009, 09:32 AM   #107
noisereductions
invito al cielo

His albums are always well thought out as albums -- not just collections of songs.
Old 03.23.2009, 08:26 PM   #108
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
pre-ordered mine sat, got an email today saying it has been shipped. i'll be basking in awesome new DOOMness in a mere matter of days.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001798646886 - Personal

http://soundcloud.com/j-o-c-o - JoCo (Music)

http://soundcloud.com/driftera - Drift Era (Music)
o'connor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2009, 07:00 PM   #109
noisereductions
invito al cielo

My first listen impression: Fucking great. Y'know what it sounds like? A straight up Doom album. It's so awesome to finally have another. Let's hope he starts to "do his thing tri-yearly" again!

AND I can't believe the Bukowski sample. Incredible.

AND AND so great to finally hear him use some of those SPECIAL HERBS 9 & 0 beats for himself.
Old 03.24.2009, 07:13 PM   #110
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
i agree w/ everything yr saying buddy. i got home from work and there it was in the mail. it's definately been way too long since we heard some DOOM. i'm only half way thru it, but so far i'm impressed. it came in a digipak too. that surprised me. also worth noting the artwork is fucking greeeeeeeeeeat. got home, opened up the mail, got the new DOOM, burned a j of OG KUSH, and enjoyed.

Old 03.24.2009, 09:01 PM   #111
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Jeez. this album is fucking good. Like an instant OMG album. haha.
Old 03.25.2009, 08:54 AM   #112
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

That 3 track run from Microwave Mayo to That's That is one of most stunning little suites I've ever heard. Such a fucking good album! Addictive as hell too.
Old 03.25.2009, 09:36 AM   #113
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Doom's production on "Supervillanz" is unnnnreal. Don't get me wrong, I like the Dilla, Madlib, etc tracks just fine. But Doom's own production has so much personality. Shit's amazing.
Old 03.25.2009, 09:49 AM   #114
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

I know. So amazing. Supervillanz is actually possibly my least favourite track though. Hasn't "clicked" yet at any rate. The production is a knockout on it, but it's too crammed with guests. I want more DOOM! Also, still can't really dig the auto-tune, even when used ironically.

The opening salvo of More Rhymin' is just fucking insanely tight, especially with the vocals so forefronted in the mix.

" More rhymin', pure diamond, tore hymen, poor timin'
Raw linin', Paul Simon tourin'... I'm in
Borin type an, snorin' pipe when. Hyper than four hype men
Excited writin', triflin' times ten - long stay
Songs play, gone haywire, wrong way on the interstate - integrate all day
It's just a small phase, that's what them all say
Then fall prey in a mini-mall hallway"

I just melted.

Oh also, Batty Boyz made me cackle out loud. "It’s like a leotard fest/How it got started is any retard’s guess"

I can't stop listening to this.
Old 03.25.2009, 10:17 AM   #115
noisereductions
invito al cielo

"Supervillanz" might actually be my favorite. Mostly because the beat sounds so much like a Geedorah track. Although, I do agree that the ironic auto-tune is sort of a bad touch. Should've done it once in the song, and then not repeated it. Anyway, I thought Slug's verse killed! So good.

"Yessir!" is another standout for me. It actually got me excited about the prospect of Rae finally dropping CUBAN LINX 2. Between this track and his verse on The Game's album it looks like Rae is making a return to form lately.
Old 03.25.2009, 08:02 PM   #116
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

interview w/ DOOM in rolling stone about new cd. also addresses the "doompostor" rumors.

http://www.stonesthrow.com/news/2009...-rolling-stone

Old 03.25.2009, 08:31 PM   #117
noisereductions
invito al cielo

thanks for that interview joco, Doom is forever incredible and intriguing. He always blows my mind.
Old 03.25.2009, 11:24 PM   #118
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
did i read that right? doom voted for mccain?
Old 03.26.2009, 07:17 AM   #119
noisereductions
invito al cielo

that's what it said. Weird. But I loved the interview. I loved how he basically admitted the Doomposter thing, and shrugged it off as performance art that we don't even understand. Haha. He's seriously one of the most daring artists in hip hop. And remember how they pointed out he was 40-something? When was the last time that a rapper past his 20's was even interesting? Generally speaking most rappers tend to take less chances as time goes on.
Old 03.26.2009, 09:42 AM   #120
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
i guess ive gotta give into the hype and check the new album...doom was basically my favorite mc, then he released dangerdoom and...some other sub-par album that didnt hook me so i lost hope and interest, but im gonna go check out this new one...i know its streaming somewherez

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth