Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page "I was there" - legendary gigs, clubs and events.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.30.2007, 08:25 PM   #61
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
these aren't really legendary but i saw jhon balance's last performance with coil (or i presume it was) and mary hanson's last show with stereolab.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2007, 02:03 AM   #62
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Not really legendary, but I went to JAMC's first reunion show. They played a new song too. The whole show was great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi04AkAWSKw

not my video by the way
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2007, 05:32 AM   #63
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddylikes
I actually think the boos would have energized the band.

Was this before or after September of 2001?

The band cut itself from the crowd, building a huge wall of noise for the encore. That was more take it or leave it than a gain of energy.
It was June, 7th.
I was surprised at your comment about the date.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2007, 11:29 AM   #64
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
I saw the first ever Grinderman show

But also I saw Jens Lekman play in a church in Brighton which was probably not legendary, but I think everyone who was there will remember it well. It was on Valentines day, and it was FREEZING in there, and there was a group of girls who had made cakes and were selling cups of tea. The power got cut out and after the show Jens sat at the back and took everyone's requests. I think there were about 30 people there.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth