Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page your relationship with yo parents
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.10.2008, 01:34 PM   #81
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
My father passed away in 1991.

my mother and I get along I guess. I get a lot of my love for music rfrom her and a lot of my political activism from her as well. We have very little in common though and it strains our reltionship a bit.

I would say I love my mom as a son loves their mother but not in the "oh my mom is a saint, so wonderful, greatest person ever etc etc" bullshit. I do not LIKE my mom very much. she is extremely shallow at times, very opinionated yet very naive. She is super quick to judge and very quick to dismiss anyone if they do anything in the slightest that she dislikes or disagrees with.
I was closer to my dad.
Old 04.10.2008, 04:35 PM   #82
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
My mum smiles at some of the music I play. She is kind of fascinated by Diamanda Galas, though, 'cause of her voice and the volume I sometimes played her music at. Maybe there should be a section on this forums where parents discuss the music that we listen to. I'd like to see what would come up.

I've found that there's something about Diamanda (something quite obvious at that) that really appeals to a lot of women. I've been out with some people who were entirely not into 'weird' music in the slightest but really react positively to Diamanda. She's clearly some sort of witch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2008, 05:40 PM   #83
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I've found that there's something about Diamanda (something quite obvious at that) that really appeals to a lot of women. I've been out with some people who were entirely not into 'weird' music in the slightest but really react positively to Diamanda. She's clearly some sort of witch...

She's a woman. She's effortlessly strong. She does things for the arts. Go figure.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2008, 06:49 PM   #84
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice

same, although they weren't girls i went out with, just girls i know who like average crap
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2008, 05:06 AM   #85
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
When my mum was pregnant with me, she and my dad went to see T.Rex, who'd not long released "20th Century Boy" All my dad remembers is going mental at all the teenage girls clambering over my mum (and me) trying to touch Bolan's trousers.
Old 04.27.2008, 06:06 AM   #86
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
My mum cuts to conclusions very fast, without letting me explain things. My mum's great though, an honestly very nice person.

My dad is quiet and doesn't really express anything, he's also an honestly nice person even though he doesn't really know how to handle me (my dad was in hospital for most of his teens, so I don't think he quite knows how it's like).
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth