Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Gaga album art
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.19.2011, 08:13 PM   #41
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I am by no means a fan of his music, but this cover is NOT on par with the rest of the high-quality [illuminati] imagery often used.

pod person palanquin? right the fuck fucking on.
motorcycleface? get the fuck out RIGHT NOW.

who?
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2011, 08:17 PM   #42
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Her whole career is a poor choice. Though I'm sure someone already beat me to that point. I can't be bothered to read this whole thread ha.

Also all these madonna and gaga comparison's make no sense.

Primarily because Madonna was sexy and bold and "shocking" in a time where you could still shock people. Who is Gaga offending, shocking, or liberating in this decensitized age of sensationalism and sensory overload?

She fits right in with all the other idiots that noone really gives a fuck about.

The fact that she is popular and not burnt at the stake like Madonna during the like a prayer era is proof of my statements.

I'll be ignoring this thread, getting high, and listening to thee oh sees. I like their music. It sounds nice.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2011, 01:35 AM   #43
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
Her whole career is a poor choice. Though I'm sure someone already beat me to that point. I can't be bothered to read this whole thread ha.

Also all these madonna and gaga comparison's make no sense.

Primarily because Madonna was sexy and bold and "shocking" in a time where you could still shock people. Who is Gaga offending, shocking, or liberating in this decensitized age of sensationalism and sensory overload?

She fits right in with all the other idiots that noone really gives a fuck about.

The fact that she is popular and not burnt at the stake like Madonna during the like a prayer era is proof of my statements.

I'll be ignoring this thread, getting high, and listening to thee oh sees. I like their music. It sounds nice.
She's certainly offended you.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2011, 01:48 AM   #44
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Gaga is pretty great, in just about every way a popular musician can be great.

She's a rarity... she's genuinely talented. She's actually a good songwriter and musician. And she's like 22! Cool chick.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2011, 03:28 AM   #45
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Lady gaga was put on this earth to lead the rapture. All follow Gaga. She will be the one to take us to heaven this Saturday.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2011, 05:07 AM   #46
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
Some bollocks that makes him sound about a million years old

How or why do you continue to exist in 2011? How are you using the internet? logicfail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2011, 05:18 AM   #47
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
god it's not a comparison per se just the fact that the video alejandro is a reference to some madonna videos, which is obvious.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2011, 05:49 AM   #48
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I like the cover. It looks out of place, especially beside the lines of identikit CDs it'll be placed alongside. I hate the meaning that Lady Gaga has given it but I do like the fact that the big music retailers are gonna have to cheapen their shop facades with huge posters of it, making them look like one of those squat shops that sells bongs and novelty mobile phone covers.

The cover has no artistic merit that I can see but as an exercise in undercutting the industry's expectations of how an A-list celebrity should present themselves, I think it works perfectly. And the fact it's one of the few pop album covers in a long time that people are actually talking about has to be a good thing.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2011, 09:22 AM   #49
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
How or why do you continue to exist in 2011? How are you using the internet? logicfail.
You must spread more DDD is dumb around before giving it to Glice again.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2011, 09:30 AM   #50
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
22?

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2011, 10:33 AM   #51
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Gaga is pretty great, in just about every way a popular musician can be great.

I agree...... she's great, very talented and her music is actually pretty alright, and aside from say ABBA and Blondie I have zero interest in "mainstream pop" music....... my wife went and saw her a few months ago with her sister and they said it was the best time ever despite some soccer moms spilling wine on her and some drunk teenage dude hitting on her.......

HOWEVER, that cover is pretty fucking grotesque - but I feel like she knows what she's doing...... it kind of reminds me of Judas Priests Painkiller ha ha....... through my job I listen to a lot of pop radio and I've heard that Born This Way song like 5000 times and I'm fucking sick of it but I'll still respect her as an artist even if her music isn't blowing sand up my skirt.......

AND DID YOU FUCKING KNOW that ALICE FUCKING COOPER loves Lady Gaga........ I cannot think of a better person to endorse her, ALICE FUCKING COOPER is the fucking king of theatrical, over the top shit (and fucking awesome too!!!), and if ALICE FUCKING COOPER gives her his blessing who are you to contradict ALICE FUCKING COOPER.
The Watcher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2011, 11:01 AM   #52
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I used to travel to and from work with someone who would play nothing but ALICE FUCKING COOPER. These journeys, with the woman playing ALICE FUCKING COOPER continued for a good 8 months and I got thoroughly sick of ALICE FUCKING COOPER which is a shame because for a while I came to quite enjoy ALICE FUCKING COOPER.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 05.20.2011, 11:23 AM   #53
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
This is the first time I see it................ Atrocious!
Old 05.20.2011, 12:47 PM   #54
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I used to travel to and from work with someone who would play nothing but ALICE FUCKING COOPER. These journeys, with the woman playing ALICE FUCKING COOPER continued for a good 8 months and I got thoroughly sick of ALICE FUCKING COOPER which is a shame because for a while I came to quite enjoy ALICE FUCKING COOPER.

She seems like a cool cat.......
Old 05.20.2011, 01:30 PM   #55
Glice
invito al cielo

Have you ever listened to an hour and a half of Alice Cooper a day, 5 days a week, for 8 months? Let me put that into actual hours for you: 240 hours. That's 10 whole days. 10 whole days in a cramped mini with a bad smelling, overweight (like, grotesquely), bad-smelling woman with a lack of a quiet button on her voice. No.

Quote:
Old 05.20.2011, 05:19 PM   #56
The Watcher
children of satan

Why didn't you just ask her to put on something else.......
Old 05.20.2011, 05:40 PM   #57
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Haha Alice Cooper. He has some great jams and some godawful ones. In his later years he even did a track w/ Xzibit which was embarrassing for both parties.

He still puts on a fun show though, and plays the Michigan State Fair for free every year.

But yeah, I definitely couldn't tolerate more than an album at a time - if that. The greatest hits collection Mascara & Monsters is fantastic though. Only lacking due to the absence of Feed My Frankenstein.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2011, 05:52 PM   #58
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Glice did she by any chance play Pretties For You?

It's actually pretty damn odd. Kinda Beatles, kinda Pet Sounds... kinda Grass Roots... very 1968. It's really wild actually.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2011, 05:54 PM   #59
Glice
invito al cielo

Wow. I'm glad you alerted me to this existence of this. Which is basically a shit version of this, right?

Quote:
Old 05.20.2011, 05:55 PM   #60
Glice
invito al cielo

She went sequentially from the beginning to around '95, so most likely. As I say, I came to like some of it, but it really got too much after a while. A shame, really.

Quote:

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth