Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Charalambides UK/Ireland tour dates
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.03.2006, 12:00 PM   #1
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
For all you fans over there:

07.06.06 with Pumajaw at the Cube Microplex, Bristol
07.08.06 with Pumajaw and Steffen Basho-Junghans at the Luminaire, London
07.09.06 with Haeti and Longing at CB2, Cambridge
07.10.06 with Dead Elephant Bicycle and Gareth Hardwick at Bunkers Hill, Nottingham
07.11.06 with Agitated Radio Pilot at Richardsons, Ireland
07.12.06 with Agitated Radio Pilot and Veronica Moran at The Bog Lane Theater, Ballymahon, Co Longford, Ireland
07.13.06 with Agitated Radio Pilot and Papercut at the Boom Boom Room, Dublin, Ireland
07.14.06 with Ashtray Navigation at the Cricketers Arms, Sheffield
07.15.06 with Parts and Labor, I Had an Inkling, Sword Drawings, and Kong at the Klondyke Club, Manchester
07.16.06 with Steffen Basho-Junghans at Morden Tower, Newcastle
07.19.06 with Taurpis Tula at Nice 'n' Sleazy, Glasgow, Scotland
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 12:04 PM   #2
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
why does Europe get all the good shows? Thank you mainstream media of America, for shielding us from anything with even the slightest artistic or creative thought, act, or idea. We bow to you, oh Queen Brittany Spears, lead us in the way of boring pop hooks and mindless keyboard rhythms only imaginable by the lords of TRL...
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 12:43 PM   #3
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
07.11.06 with Agitated Radio Pilot at Richardsons, Ireland
07.12.06 with Agitated Radio Pilot and Veronica Moran at The Bog Lane Theater, Ballymahon, Co Longford, Ireland
07.13.06 with Agitated Radio Pilot and Papercut at the Boom Boom Room, Dublin, Ireland

WOW, OK WHERE THE FUCK IS RICHARDSONS...CORK I THINK

BALLYMAHON LONGFORD?????? WHY???

DUBLIN WITH PAPERCUT, THEY ARENT BAD!
HMM CURIOUS TOUR.. GOTTA SEE EM. JEEZ I SHOULD BE GRATEFUL, NOT BITCHIN ABOUT IT. THANKS SC FOR THE INFOTAINMENT!
Old 07.03.2006, 01:17 PM   #4
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Hmmm, will probably wait until ATP to see them. Bristol is a pain and I think Bilge Pump are playing here that night.

They might get 'big' all of a sudden, you never know. I mean their new album is quite boring and Christina Carter is on the new DJ Shadow album and all that.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 02:11 PM   #5
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
bilge pump are worth seeing for the smiles. they have been playing the same set for the past ten years.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 02:17 PM   #6
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
think i'll check em out in glasgow if only because Taurpis Tula featuring the mighty David Keenan are playing... besides there is fuck all else happening around my way until Hair Police in August and December is a long way off...
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 02:34 PM   #7
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
It's summer...gigs are fewer generally. More shit festivals and all that.

It's nice to know that Bilge Pump are worth seeing because I don't hold out much hope of the other 2 bands being any good. FTSE100 and And They Will Riot I think it is.
Old 07.03.2006, 03:25 PM   #8
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Don't really get the Charalambides. Although the mighty Astray Navigations are well worth seeing, oh yes. But I'm not in Sheffield, so meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 03:29 PM   #9
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Don't really get the Charalambides. Although the mighty Astray Navigations are well worth seeing, oh yes. But I'm not in Sheffield, so meh.
It's bizarre that you just posted that as i was thinking the same.I once listened to a whole album of theirs when i was working in a record shop and i shook my head a few times trying to understand why people say that they are such a great band.I don't know them well enough to say more than this but that album(it's got a red cover)really didn't do it for me.It put me to sleep in fact.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 03:36 PM   #10
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Mmm. I think it's one of those things (where's my wankers hat?) where it sounds like a lot of things to those of us who remember/ half-remember/ investigated recently the likes of Damon and Naomi (fuck you low, Galaxie 500 were there first) or the Cocteaus whereas the young 'uns it sounds new to.

Ok, that's a wanker's comment, I apologise.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 07.03.2006, 03:39 PM   #11
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
They'd wish to sound as good as Galaxie 500 or even Codeine.

Old 07.03.2006, 03:41 PM   #12
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
They'd wish to sound as good as Galaxie 500 or even Codeine.

Fuck me! Codeine!

I think we should have sticky thread called something like, "Porkmarras, Glice, Toilet & Bowels and Savage Clone talk about music" which would consist of each person saying a band that they've suddenly remembered and someone else going "Fuck me" or "They were fucking shite".

Quote:
Old 07.03.2006, 03:45 PM   #13
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Fuck me! Codeine!

I think we should have sticky thread called something like, "Porkmarras, Glice, Toilet & Bowels and Savage Clone talk about music" which would consist of each person saying a band that they've suddenly remembered and someone else going "Fuck me" or "They were fucking shite".
Give me Codeine over Slint any time(musically and literally speaking).

Old 07.03.2006, 03:54 PM   #14
Iain
invito al cielo

I really like Joy Shapes a lot but nothing else of theirs has really got me going.
Old 07.03.2006, 06:38 PM   #15
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i really like charalambides a lot, i can't think of a record of theirs that has a red cover though, they have lots of records though and they've changed a lot since they started (back in 91 or so, before my time of being aware of the ultra-underground). joy shapes, in cr ea se, CHT & market square are all excellent records in my book.
+christina carter is an ace.

also, as far as taurpis tula is concerned ii think heather leigh murray is far more exciting than david keenan.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 07:33 PM   #16
wearescientists
bad moon rising

wearescientists is a jewel in the roughwearescientists is a jewel in the roughwearescientists is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
why does Europe get all the good shows? Thank you mainstream media of America, for shielding us from anything with even the slightest artistic or creative thought, act, or idea. We bow to you, oh Queen Brittany Spears, lead us in the way of boring pop hooks and mindless keyboard rhythms only imaginable by the lords of TRL...

they are playing all over the us later this year.
wearescientists is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 07:34 PM   #17
wearescientists
bad moon rising

wearescientists is a jewel in the roughwearescientists is a jewel in the roughwearescientists is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Give me Codeine over Slint any time(musically and literally speaking).

wow what a bad choice
wearescientists is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2006, 08:10 PM   #18
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
i saw HL Murray last week and she was okayish, some quite cool moments... david keenan just excites me as a person... musically, i've never really heard him...
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2006, 01:03 AM   #19
elix it
bad moon rising

elix it kicks all y'all's asseselix it kicks all y'all's asseselix it kicks all y'all's asseselix it kicks all y'all's asseselix it kicks all y'all's asseselix it kicks all y'all's asseselix it kicks all y'all's asseselix it kicks all y'all's asseselix it kicks all y'all's asseselix it kicks all y'all's asseselix it kicks all y'all's asses
I love Charalambides!

I saw Christina Carter a few years ago at a local record store. Still one of my favorite shows ever.
elix it is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2006, 03:47 AM   #20
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i like the way her boobs rest on the top of her guitar when she plays
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth