Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Describe your perfect saturday in the life as well as the perfect day of your life
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.29.2006, 05:57 PM   #21
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eXp397pEP...n%20apprentice

he's already been out for a while and been on the apprentice. What i want to know is what the fuck is a flimjimp or a boogomp?
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 06:18 PM   #22
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Oversentimental idealistic romantic poppycock

sounds pretty gay to me

Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 08:49 PM   #23
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I like the Wizard of Oz!
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2006, 08:06 PM   #24
thindarkduke13
bad moon rising

thindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's asses
Sterling Morrison is resurrected
Lou Reed and John Cale kiss and make up (you know where this is going)
I go in my house's attic and discover a vintage jazzmaster
thindarkduke13 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2006, 09:26 PM   #25
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I wake up in my lovely wooden house in Washington state to the sounds of crows cawing, and the sun creeping slowly up thru the treetops outside. I get up, grab a cup of orange juice out of the fridge, set it down on the kitchen table, and walk outside. The paper has just come, so I pick it up and shake all the ads out into my trashcan. There's some mail, so I grab that and walk back into the house.

I drink the O.J slowly as I open all my mail. There's a couple of checks- one's from the book publisher, and one's come from the record company. Neither are whopping big millionaire checks, but it's enough, and I'm earning just as much as the Office Slave next door. There's a sample of Bold detergent, which I might as well keep and use.

I finish the O.J while reading the newspaper. I flick on the TV see how the weather is today. There's been another SUV crash on the I-5. War is still going on, and I can't do much about that, so I'm not going to write an album protesting human nature. Men like to blow shit up. As long as it's not me, I don't really pay much attention to it.

Did I mention I live alone? No, I didn't. I haven't been married yet and I have no kids. But who's to worry? I have pretty much my whole life ahead of me, right? I am busy cleaning up other people's messes, and of course, my own. I finish soaking up the early morning information and go down to the study room or whatever, which is basically my room now, sans a bed. I check my emails, myspace (so what) and various blogs I like to read.

I leave to noodle about with my sound equipment. I am basically a writer and I have a band, though after the tour now, each band member has gone solitary to rest and reflect. I don't touch the guitar, because I've had enough of it for now. I have run out of ideas, and that sort of worries me.

It's almost noon now, so I go and shower, get dressed. I begin to make some lunch. Just a ham sandwich, maybe a bit of mustard. Some grape juice to wash it all down. Thats the ticket. It's Katie's birthday soon, and I have a good gift for her. I set about wrapping it and such. I have no idea what to put on the tag. It will come to me later, I suppose. I have always been wary of putting 'Love, Danny' on things, even when I'm writing to my parents or my sister.

It's raining outside now, but only a little. It's sorta chilly, even for May. The doorbell rings. Ding, dong. I never thought to get a custom doorbell, because the standard one is so clichéd and American that I love it. I walk to the door, with those morning eyes, even though it's almost 2pm. A section of my door is glass, though distorted glass- I can see a woman outside though. I can't have her standing in the rain.

I open the door. To my suprise, it's Katie. 'Hello!' she says, looking sorta timid, as if she expects me to go 'what the fuck are you doing here?'. I return the hello and invite her inside. I shake the rain off of her coat and hang it up, and follow her into the kitchen. She doesn't really know where she's going in my house.

'This is the kitchen..' I say as I walk in after her. She's looking at it intently, seemingly sorta-suprised with it. She has always had a fantasy of drinking tea with me, and I have always had some teabags saved for such an occasion. I pour her a simple cup of tea. She must be cold. I sit down at the table and she hesitates, looks up, past the ceiling, and looks God in the eyes. Something's troubling her. I invite her to sit down, and she does.

I ask her why she's all the way over here in Seattle. Shopping? Show? Zoo?. 'I don't really have the money for any of those..' she mumbles. 'I got fired today'. She's a journalist. I just say 'Oh'. I never really thought it was the best job for her. She's not the journalist type. Even if she just writes about cooking in the health pages. I read her column and try to make some of her recipes, but I'm not the rabbit food kinda guy.

She looks down into her tea and her hair covers up her face. 'Why?' I ask straightforwardly, breaking the comfortable silence. 'Apparently I'm just not what they're looking for,' she says, 'they just told me to clean out my office when I turned up at work today'. I'm sorry, even if I didn't think it was the right job for her. 'Sorry'. She inhales and exhales loudly, but it's not a sigh. 'I dunno... I guess maybe it wasn't the best job for me anyway. I don't think I applied myself to the work very well'.

'I thought you were doing great,' I say, getting up and going over to the cupboards. 'Mehh...' she drawls, 'thinks having been going so great for me anyway. I have to move out of my apartment now because the bills and rent are just getting so much. I was going to ask my dad if I could move back into his house, but I have so much stuff, and,' there's a silence, '...yeah'.

I walk over to her and hand her the cookie jar. 'I have a fold-out couch, and there's like a whole empty basement you can put all your stuff in,' I say as she bits into a cookie. She looks like she might stay. '...I could get coloring books!' I enthusiatically shout. That seals the deal. I show her where she can sleep. She ends up sleeping in my bed, and I sleep on the fold-out couch bed.

That evening we cook Spaghetti and Meatballs, combining my man-child hunger and her cooking skills. It's all a very warm affiar, and the lights keep everything cosy and give everything a sort of Spain-like quality. We talk about old times, listen to my records, and I show her all of my music equipment. She knows I got what I always wanted and she's happy for me.

'Leah's still on the music scene' she says. I remember when Leah was a hardcore anti-bush punk. 'Oh yeah?' I ask. 'Yeah, but she's not in Cricketbat Militia anymore though. She's got her own band. They're really good'. I want to know more, I wanna tour with her, I wanna make her a star. 'I should jam with her' I say, but Katie and I both know that wouldn't work out.

Evening draws in, and we laze about on separate couches, watching the Red Dward DVDs I had bought her for her birthday (I decided to let her open them early). She makes some phonecalls as I clean around the house, and I hear her talking to Claire, Brandon, and all the others who slipped through my fingers. She's talking about me, and I didn't think she would bring me up.

She thanks me, and we share a goodnight hi-five in the hallway before we retire to our separate beds for the night.

This, believe it or not, is my perfect day. Lazy, with a bit of company. It's not extravagant or sexual, because I've had days like this, and they are certainly the most enjoyable. Good friend, good food, good times.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2006, 09:28 PM   #26
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
sit around drinking all day with diesel
go out dancing with porky
crash at toilette's house
Old 08.31.2006, 03:19 AM   #27
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Wake up and have a cup of coffee with a cig.
I'll then have a shower, get dressed, and take it from there.
Old 08.31.2006, 03:24 AM   #28
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
Wake up at twelve and do nothing but watch PBS or the Discovery channel, and eat anything, I only eat once a day. And go outside and see what is happening in my neighborhood. And play shitty on my guitar. And listen to music. That is it.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2006, 03:40 AM   #29
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
The Perfect Saturday

-Wake up covered under my warm sheets (i dont like waking up uncovered because i feel like i missed out on the warmness all night), resting under the warm sheets for 15-20 minutes talking to my girl while Saved By The Bell(on mute) is on TV.
-The Fan is on and the room is really cold
-Tippie-Toe my way to the bathroom(cause the tiles are cold) to brush my teeth
-Take a piss
-Go back to bed and enjoy some tv with my girl for 30 minutes
-Eat some cereal
-Shower @ 11ish am
-Hang out until 4, get lunch with friends
-Go back home for an hour or 2
-Go to the liquor store, pick up a bottle of goose
-Meet up with girl and friends, start drinking at 8-9
-Go to a bar or a party @ 10:30
-Have a blast
-Go home around 3am
-If i come home alone, drink lots of water so im not hung over the next day, get online, and play some bass guitar for an hour
-If im not alone, then, straight to bed.
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2006, 05:59 AM   #30
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
my ideal saturday

wake up
have a wank
do a bong
have some scrambles eggs
watch some tv
head into town
meet me friend for lunch
buzz back home
have a bit of banter with me ikkle niece and nephew
do a bong
meet me mate after work
head to the pub for a dinkiepoos
back to his gaff
more bongs
back home
chat with ma Daddie
hit the sack
have a wank
off to sleep
Old 08.31.2006, 07:34 AM   #31
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
ideal day?

-Wake up
-M&M's Ginger Chicken and Miller's Genuine Draft Beer for breakfast
-When drunk, go out
-See that indie kid I've kept my eye on for a while
-hook up with her and bring her to my place
-When done, find porkmarras, and do the same
-eat more ginger chicken, perogies, and more Miller's
-Pass out on bed after partying to a live SY show
Old 08.31.2006, 07:39 AM   #32
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Playing with oscillators all day in a drunken state while also:
1-Having sex
2-Running to Tesco for more beer
3-Eating something
4-Passing out

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2006, 07:42 AM   #33
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Today is my perfect day because I choose to create it as perfect. I choose peace by allowing Your will to be in my life today. Dance through me, God. Breathe through me.

Today you are my speaking and my listening. I know that you go before me blessing each moment and smoothing my path. I take delight in participating in your Divine Plan. I am surrounded by inner feelings of fulfillment, abundance and freedom.

Today is a turning point. Miracles meet me wherever I go. I accept your indwelling presence. My mind opens to your wisdom. I feel sage and innocent. I give myself permission to relax, take breaks and to have fun.

Your voice calls out to me when I forget and fall deeply into your loving arms, finding a peace so deep and still that I am no longer disrobed by the world.

Your inner presence provides an energy and blessing where I go. My friends and family are profoundly touched by your love as it flows through me.

Today is my perfect day because I choose to create it as perfect.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2006, 08:00 AM   #34
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Today is my perfect day because I choose to create it as perfect. I choose peace by allowing Your will to be in my life today. Dance through me, God. Breathe through me.

Today you are my speaking and my listening. I know that you go before me blessing each moment and smoothing my path. I take delight in participating in your Divine Plan. I am surrounded by inner feelings of fulfillment, abundance and freedom.

Today is a turning point. Miracles meet me wherever I go. I accept your indwelling presence. My mind opens to your wisdom. I feel sage and innocent. I give myself permission to relax, take breaks and to have fun.

Your voice calls out to me when I forget and fall deeply into your loving arms, finding a peace so deep and still that I am no longer disrobed by the world.

Your inner presence provides an energy and blessing where I go. My friends and family are profoundly touched by your love as it flows through me.

Today is my perfect day because I choose to create it as perfect.

pookie! deep man, real deep
i like it....

all i seem to be doing is wankin off
Old 08.31.2006, 08:04 AM   #35
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
all i seem to be doing is wankin off

What do you think I'M talking about?
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2006, 08:16 AM   #36
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Love your avatars!
1. Weapon drawn 2. http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/ima...ine=1157021016

Getting ready for your ground offensive against me?
Old 08.31.2006, 08:59 AM   #37
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
drink gallons of great coffee, eat tons of great food, drink beer for hours, scrounge around in record stores for hours, eat tons of great food, drink beer for hours, listen to music for hours, nap, eat tons of great food, drink beer for hours, listen to music for hours, nap
Old 08.31.2006, 01:31 PM   #38
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Spend the day with Evelyn (A friend of mine). She's great and I'm probably at my happiest when I'm with her.

Sappy I know but hey.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2006, 01:51 PM   #39
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Man, I completely forgot about this thread.

I think my real perfect day would be a date with Scarlet Johannsen, on the moon. With moon sex. On the moon. I want to go to the moon. Moon.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2006, 01:53 PM   #40
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Virgin will be flying there pretty soon if that's what you want.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth