Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth = STALE
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.09.2006, 09:44 AM   #81
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
well put transmogrifier...
Old 11.13.2006, 12:42 AM   #82
theend43
empty page

theend43 is a splendid one to beholdtheend43 is a splendid one to beholdtheend43 is a splendid one to beholdtheend43 is a splendid one to beholdtheend43 is a splendid one to beholdtheend43 is a splendid one to beholdtheend43 is a splendid one to beholdtheend43 is a splendid one to behold
"I've thought of SY as the most innovative band I know of for a long time now, but it just hit me that, recently, they haven't been that innovative."

well, join the party!
no, they are not rearraging molecules anymore, laying wastes to frontal lobes as hard, BUT they are still putting out some consistenly great stuff, putting on some wonderous (well, my opinion there, again) shows, and being better than *I* expected them to be at this late stage in thier game!!!! hey, believe me, i'm not saying they're breaking any new ground, if nothing else, they're goin backwards in gtr sound (but forwards in playin!! so, i'm not coming from it from a rabid "apolegist" stance (i know more than a few would like that phrase, but they do exist!) but more of a long time fan of the sounds seeing different, more excitings NOW as opposed to the last few years. i know, that sounds really clique, but it's true!! i haven't hear them this lively in a LOOOONNGGG time!it's FUN too!!!not that it hasn't, but DAMN!! Mark I's MAH BOI!!!!! i hearts him

meh, contractual obligations or not, i'll grab what they got cause i know it's at least something else than what everyone else is doin. AND if they have Mark playin bass, well, then all the better!!!
theend43 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2006, 02:44 AM   #83
Silent Dan Speaks
the destroyed room

Silent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's asses
I would like to listen to a guitar-less sonic youth song, just out of curiousity of what it would be like. I'm not sure a whole album would be good, but maybe a song or two could be pretty interesting.
Silent Dan Speaks is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2006, 09:19 AM   #84
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by transmogrifier
I swear, half of this board don't even like Sonic Youth, and instead are in the middle of some sort of cyber-space performance art, seeing how much bollocks they can spout out from under the guise of a fan before they are called on said bollocks. It's sweet, in a way, that they put so much time and energy into a band they dislike so much. Dedicated to their art.

You're playing our game well. This post was at least 90% bollocks.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth