Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page For John Parish Fans
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.09.2010, 03:23 AM   #1
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Is there someone else that is fallen love in John Parishes music? I have loved Polly Harvey since I bought her "Is this desire" album in 1999 and bought everything she made before and after that (in my shame I donīt have "Dry" and "Dance Hall at the Louse Point" because they are not available in vinyl anymore, I havenīt seen also any second hand couples).

I was very suprised last spring, when I bought Parish/Harvey-album "a Woman a Man Walked by". Who is this man, who made as genius songs as PJ? Soon I found that he has made three solo albums. I ordered "How Animals Move" and "Once Upon a little time" from my local music retailer, but he canīt have "Once upon". I have to order it straight from "Thrill Jockey" (the record company" and it came yesterday!!! All the three albums I have are very great!! I like very much Parishes kind of minimalist style with the many colours, that comes up, when you listened it again and again!!! Thereīs no-one to compare, but if I had to, Parish is like a very personal mixing of Captain Beefheart and J.J. Caleīs seventeen works (somebody might argue). I also love very much Parishes production. Heīs got so natural and warm sounds in his albums. Itīs rest of the ears, when you hear these days very much music that sounds soooo big or so clean. I was very lucky when I got "once upon" in humanly price from "Thrill Jockey", that record has quite high prices here in Europe for example amazon.com. Also the first collaporation with Pj (Dance Hall) has high price in second hand.

I havenīt got many new artists that I have been excited about in 2000-decade. Maybe I`m getting old. Maybe itīs something to do with my large collection (about 1000 vinyls and hundreds of c-cassetes and some cd:s. I am no one time listener, I listened also records that I have bought in eighties. So I donīt have time to search all the good new stuff. But I also think, that many young talents do something else than music, because the big record companies wants to maximize their profits. But how good it feel, when you find something new that comes straight into your heart! Jonh Parish is defenitely the artist of the 2000-decade for me!!!
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2010, 06:12 AM   #2
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

Decayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's asses
The latest collab he did with Polly is kind of hit and miss for me. Overall, though he's a very underrated musician. I also like some of the stuff he did in Automatic Dlamini. A really.. weird, quirky band, but there's some awesome guitar work ("God Is Different" comes to mind). I'm trying to get my hands on a soundtrack he did recently for the film "She, a Chinese."
Decayed Rhapsody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2010, 10:42 AM   #3
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Her best work is with him, definitely.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2010, 07:28 AM   #4
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decayed Rhapsody
The latest collab he did with Polly is kind of hit and miss for me. Overall, though he's a very underrated musician. I also like some of the stuff he did in Automatic Dlamini. A really.. weird, quirky band, but there's some awesome guitar work ("God Is Different" comes to mind). I'm trying to get my hands on a soundtrack he did recently for the film "She, a Chinese."

I listened some songs of "Automatic Dlamini" from some net-radio (I think they were all from the same album) and I wasnīt as excited about them as his solo works. But of course if I find some LP from "Automatic" I will buy it! I think also that film soundtrack might be interesting.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth