Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Magik Markers - "Boss"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.30.2007, 07:49 PM   #121
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
That song with the Video is enjoyable, and a good tune
What else ive seen/heard has been rather incomprehensible, however if they were the support band to The Kooks or something i would pay double just to see the reaction of the crowd. So in a sense i see the reactionary aspect of their existence, but i dont think their music has any kind of real comprehension so i kinda like them as a concept but i dont want to listen to them (again, ive only heard/seen a few things).
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2007, 07:51 PM   #122
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
you know what's sad?

that boss is getting all this attention and something like, say, sutcliffe jügend's this is the truth is going to go completely unnoticed and it's a fucking genre defying to be classic.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.30.2007, 07:53 PM   #123
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
you know what's sad?

that boss is getting all this attention and something like, say, sutcliffe jügend's this is the truth is going to go completely unnoticed and it's a fucking genre defying to be classic.

Im not being arsey, but WHAT THE TITS DOES THAT MEAN????
Old 09.30.2007, 07:57 PM   #124
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
that good albums get ignored for more hyped stuff...i mean, it has been done like crazy since the beginning of time but, i don't know, it still sucks.

and i brought up sutcliffe jügend because their album, like boss, changes the game some for the band, yet sj actually succeed doing it.
Old 09.30.2007, 07:57 PM   #125
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Saying 'arsey' is being arsey.

Yeah. There are plenty of better albums that get 3 replies to their threads.

Fuck the markers.
Old 09.30.2007, 08:05 PM   #126
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Saying 'arsey' is being arsey.

Yeah. There are plenty of better albums that get 3 replies to their threads.

Fuck the markers.

?

EveryNeurotic:
Didnt know what you meant, but yeah i see what you say there. Just thought seeing as how there was such a big response id throw my grains into the hopper on this one, despite the fact i dont have much of a big opinion. But i suppose making this thread bigger by replying negatively to it only helps its cause. Theres not many instances where id bother to slag something off beyond a short comment.
Old 09.30.2007, 08:12 PM   #127
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

true.

that's why i said i didn't agree with how atsonic was handling himself in this thread, replying to every single post.
Old 09.30.2007, 08:19 PM   #128
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Ive not read the whole thing, just threw my hat into the ring.
Stimulates debate i suppose.
Old 10.01.2007, 02:49 AM   #129
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
excuse me?!

"i wish i had big breasts"? that's poetry?

yes! in the right context, with a fitting inflection, of course it is.

just like "I seek pleasure." which is a rather pedestrian phrase, that could be said by any dumbfuck, but not when you put it in the context of patti smith's babelogue.

and even patti smith wrote a number of crappy lines.

so did walt whitman. he wrote a death sonnet for motherfucking custer, for fucks sakes:
FROM far Dakota's cañons,
Lands of the wild ravine, the dusky Sioux, the lonesome stretch, the
silence,
Haply to-day a mournful wail, haply a trumpet-note for heroes.

^^there. the greatest american poet wrote that piece of crap. he also wrote i sing the body electric, crossing brooklyn ferry, i hear america singing, etc. so you gotta take the good with the bad.

the fact is that when you give yourself permission to be free and let things come out a lot is going to come out and the genius will be mixed with the stupidity that we all share as humans, but if you only focus on the shortcomings the world is going to look pretty ugly no matter what.

in any case i think elisa does a wonderful channeling of her deepest unconscious, and i love that energy and that freedom. those teeth rattling in the can are forever etched in my memory.

Quote:
is quoting the mc5 poetry?

of course it can be. why not? the mc5 were great primitives.

Quote:
man, i don't think adam is doing anything smart in this thread by replying to every single post someone else does, that's his problem.

that goes without saying, let's leave adam out of this, because we don't want him strangling on his tongue any further.

Quote:
i understand someone liking the markers music...even their live show, probably...no, not really, i don't buy it. BUT you are very delusioned if you think what elisa writes is poetry, it's just pretentious gibberish.

nope. that which you wrote above is. it's also bad prose.

i like some of the stuff she's written for boss; and if you've seen her onstage. you will now that she becomes possessed, inhabited by a Loa, she is a sybil, a witch, a savage priestess, she rhapsodizes and enthralls, and the audiences go INSANE because they know they are in the presence of something that comes from another world, and that cannot be faked, and we all share in that. i was there, and i felt that, and your pompous criticism cannot compete with the delight of my experience.

and poetry is not pretty words, poetry is the language of the sacred, the language of imagination, and beyond mere words it is a force and it induces altered states and visions and ecstasy and you can feel it or you can't.

and on the subject of words, when you happen to name one of your songs something as wonderful and funny and brutal (it has to be all 3 at the same time) as "dreaming of vegas and pussy and victory," please let me know, and i'll send you a crown of laurels.

Quote:
actually, and to complete MY explanation of why i don't like or get how someone like this band (you can look it up in this very thread, i don't have to repeat myself), i think most people like this band out of ignorance; if they knew more music, they wouldn't be so stocked over this mediocrity.

you say "to complete MY explanation of why i don't like or get how someone like this band" as if the two were the same thing. you falsely equate the unstated reasons for your dislike with your inability to comprehend why OTHERS like it. it's two separate phenomena; deal with them separately. and your assumptions are false.

i'll tell you why i like them.

i like them because i like them. in a very direct and fundamental way.the same way i like the color red. "oh but i dont' like the color red and i can't understand why somebody woud". bah!! pure argumentative crapola. venom and bile.

the magik markers give me enjoyment and visions of something beyond the reach of reason, a female energy that i have seen only in prophetic dreams, and you can't possibly, in your wildest little dreams of total world domination, touch that magiCK because you are stuck in some stuffy little room having academic discussions.

anyway, i didn't know rock'n'roll and its many mutations required academic knowledge, perhaps you erred in your choice of genre and should have gone into classical music, where your erudition would be more appreciated by the coterie of intellectuals that rule the university periodicals.

people genuinely like something or they genuinely don't. there's also pretend, but people who pretend to like something when they don't can eat my petrified turds.

Quote:
ohh yeah, BEFORE EVERYONE STARTS PILING UP ON ME.

BY IGNORANCE, i mean that SOME people MIGHT be missing some KEY bands that have done something like magik markers but HAVE EXCEL AT IT.

especially concerning boss, like many reviewers have noted, ROYAL TRUX is a band that came from incompetent noise and became AMAZING songwriters.

like rtx, there are THOUSANDS of bands that have done everything from their noise freakouts to their more tuneful crap.

a lot of people, have they look into more music, would gladly stop listening to mm as much.

what does rtx have to do with this? can't a person like both? who's said that the markers invented the wheel? what's up with this KEY bands? is your band a KEY band? so nobody should listen to it and like it? do we all need to erase 50 years of rocknroll and just stick to chuck berry?

and i don't give a shit about what music critics say, their superfluous discussions haven't the least impact upon my enjoyment or dislike of whatever i choose to listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Yeah. What the fuck are you talking about, !@#$%!? Poetry? Elisa couldn't write worse lyrics if she tried. They're fucking terrible. I know art is subjective but calling the Magik Markers 'art' is an insult to artists worldwide.

ha ha, you wonderful bastard. good to see you again. you don't like her because you live in terror of the pussy, that is all.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.01.2007, 03:48 AM   #130
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Funny how I'm seeing more outspoken criticism of the Magik Markers than the supposed adoration by Thurston clones that listen to nothing other than the Mark Markers. Let's all shout at shadows.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.01.2007, 09:33 AM   #131
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yes! in the right context, with a fitting inflection, of course it is.

just like "I seek pleasure." which is a rather pedestrian phrase, that could be said by any dumbfuck, but not when you put it in the context of patti smith's babelogue.

and even patti smith wrote a number of crappy lines.

so did walt whitman. he wrote a death sonnet for motherfucking custer, for fucks sakes:
FROM far Dakota's cañons,
Lands of the wild ravine, the dusky Sioux, the lonesome stretch, the
silence,
Haply to-day a mournful wail, haply a trumpet-note for heroes.

^^there. the greatest american poet wrote that piece of crap. he also wrote i sing the body electric, crossing brooklyn ferry, i hear america singing, etc. so you gotta take the good with the bad.

the fact is that when you give yourself permission to be free and let things come out a lot is going to come out and the genius will be mixed with the stupidity that we all share as humans, but if you only focus on the shortcomings the world is going to look pretty ugly no matter what.

in any case i think elisa does a wonderful channeling of her deepest unconscious, and i love that energy and that freedom. those teeth rattling in the can are forever etched in my memory.

one: "i seek pleasure" gives you a fair number of mental images by itself, let alone in the context of patti's lyrics. two: that walt whitman poem you quoted is a FUCKING POEM, a good poem indeed, you hate it because you know who the subject matter is about.

but the only thing i can think about the "big breasts" shit elisa talks about is how society builds an image for a woman and stereotypes it's role in society, blah blah blah = kathleen hanna bullshit (who was a much better lyricist by the way, and she wasn't what you call great) = pretentious poser typical reactionary leftist thinking. AND THAT'S assuming she meant something "deep" with that line, which i doubt, it's probably just gibberish in the name of "automatic writing".

Quote:
of course it can be. why not? the mc5 were great primitives.

i'm not questioning mc5's lyrical quality, i'm questioning plagiarism. if i came up with an I/C/O/C song and read the lyrics to the stooges' "no fun" on top of it, i bet everyone would tell me what an unoriginal idiot i am, but when elisa appropriates "rambling rose", then it's "art" and "deep"

but, in fact, she's quite unoriginal even in her so called "poetry".

Quote:
nope. that which you wrote above is. it's also bad prose.

i like some of the stuff she's written for boss; and if you've seen her onstage. you will now that she becomes possessed, inhabited by a Loa, she is a sybil, a witch, a savage priestess, she rhapsodizes and enthralls, and the audiences go INSANE because they know they are in the presence of something that comes from another world, and that cannot be faked, and we all share in that. i was there, and i felt that, and your pompous criticism cannot compete with the delight of my experience.

and poetry is not pretty words, poetry is the language of the sacred, the language of imagination, and beyond mere words it is a force and it induces altered states and visions and ecstasy and you can feel it or you can't.

and on the subject of words, when you happen to name one of your songs something as wonderful and funny and brutal (it has to be all 3 at the same time) as "dreaming of vegas and pussy and victory," please let me know, and i'll send you a crown of laurels.

what?! you think i'm trying to answer you in poetry? why would i do that? i'm just clearing a point here.

when you listen to a lee ranaldo or a stephen malkmus, those guys can write great lyrics in automatic writing, i haven't heard a single line elisa has proclaimed (she doesn't sing or scream, she's like a poetry reader) that doesn't come out as overthought and pretentious, it's aimed at being this "brutal" academic deep improvised poetry...which reminds me of the point i try to make besides this, SHE'S A LYRICIST NOT A POET; if you're in a band, that's why i compared her (not in quality but in function) to lee and malkmus and not to a real poet, that's an aberration to call her a poet. she's a poet like high school goth kids are, or third generation riot girl wannabes.

and to finish the other point, i've read better lyrics, deep, subconscious, metaphorical lyrics from CANNIBAL CORPSE and those guys write terrible lyrics.

and YEAH, I'VE SEEN THEM LIVE, to repeat yet again; they were terrible, they didn't do shit but rock back and forth on their feet while they did shit feedback and did what lee and thurston and kim do with their guitars for over 25 years without the songs or the energy, elisa tried to approach one of the security people in the front of the stage, dude didn't respond, and she did nothing else. it was a big nothing. like ANY band, they can have a good night, but, judging also from the videos ecstatic peace used to put up, those good nights were few and far in between. it's been more lore than truth their "legendary" out of control shows.

you want a song title? "a world of cocks and lillacs"

Quote:
you say "to complete MY explanation of why i don't like or get how someone like this band" as if the two were the same thing. you falsely equate the unstated reasons for your dislike with your inability to comprehend why OTHERS like it. it's two separate phenomena; deal with them separately. and your assumptions are false.

i'll tell you why i like them.

i like them because i like them. in a very direct and fundamental way.the same way i like the color red. "oh but i dont' like the color red and i can't understand why somebody woud". bah!! pure argumentative crapola. venom and bile.

the magik markers give me enjoyment and visions of something beyond the reach of reason, a female energy that i have seen only in prophetic dreams, and you can't possibly, in your wildest little dreams of total world domination, touch that magiCK because you are stuck in some stuffy little room having academic discussions.

anyway, i didn't know rock'n'roll and its many mutations required academic knowledge, perhaps you erred in your choice of genre and should have gone into classical music, where your erudition would be more appreciated by the coterie of intellectuals that rule the university periodicals.

people genuinely like something or they genuinely don't. there's also pretend, but people who pretend to like something when they don't can eat my petrified turds.

no, i said why I didn't get why people like them AND that i don't like them, there's an "and" in between, which doesn't equate them.

where do you get the "academic" shit? when have i brought that up? i said, and kinda gives it away that the post below you quoted and replied to, you didn't associate with this other post, that people don't know about CERTAIN BANDS that have done what mm have done but better yet, that if they knew about those bands, they probably would stop praising the markers so highly and know what they really are.

that said, i did say that I DON'T GET how people like them so much, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't like them, i mean, what do i care what you people like? a lot of people like cheese and i don't, i'm not going out of my way to tell them why they shouldn't eat it, i may explain WHY I DON'T like cheese but i wouldn't force them to stop doing so, just like I'M EXPLAINING why i don't like the magik fucking markers.

Quote:
what does rtx have to do with this? can't a person like both? who's said that the markers invented the wheel? what's up with this KEY bands? is your band a KEY band? so nobody should listen to it and like it? do we all need to erase 50 years of rocknroll and just stick to chuck berry?

and i don't give a shit about what music critics say, their superfluous discussions haven't the least impact upon my enjoyment or dislike of whatever i choose to listen.

see? this is what i meant.

ROYAL TRUX WERE AN EXAMPLE of a band who did something similar but SUCCEEDED.

if, say, the stooges had never formed or made records and 30 years on there was no one else who had attempted and succeed in doing the song with a wilder and improved edge then YES, i would rather listen to CHUCK BERRY, same as i don't need to listen to magik markers when i can well go listen to can't, mars and, yes, royal trux, to give you just three examples.

by the way, have i mentioned besides the hypothetical example in this very post, my bands in this thread? that's what i thought.
Old 10.02.2007, 02:34 PM   #132
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
my apologies for not having answered this sooner, but i've been busy, and in fact, i had something half-written and accidentally closed it, and didn't have time to recover it. but here it goes again.

Quote:
one: "i seek pleasure" gives you a fair number of mental images by itself, let alone in the context of patti's lyrics. two: that walt whitman poem you quoted is a FUCKING POEM, a good poem indeed, you hate it because you know who the subject matter is about.

no, that whitman stanza is a turd, whitman wrote a lot of turds, but he still wrote i sing the body electric, crossing brooklyn ferry, i hear america singing, etc., and he's still the greatest american poet.

see when you are free to say what's inside you a lot is going to come out, the genius mixed with the stupidity, and only those endowed with balls of steel (or, say, ovaries of fire) will come out & shout it all out without fear of castration.

and some crap will come out and some genius will come out and your audience will remember you for the genius not the crap.

the rest of the herd just cowers in a corner fearing imperfection and failure, calculate their every move and throw rocks at anybody who tries to let it all come out.

Quote:
but the only thing i can think about the "big breasts" shit elisa talks about is how society builds an image for a woman and stereotypes it's role in society, blah blah blah = kathleen hanna bullshit (who was a much better lyricist by the way, and she wasn't what you call great) = pretentious poser typical reactionary leftist thinking. AND THAT'S assuming she meant something "deep" with that line, which i doubt, it's probably just gibberish in the name of "automatic writing".

so it's the leftist feminism that bugs you. ha ha ha ha.

you know, whitman was full of manifest destiny and other shitty ideologies. just so you know.

but i happen to like leftist feminists, and anybody who is going to tell you you are not the king of rocknroll is great in my book.

Quote:
i'm not questioning mc5's lyrical quality, i'm questioning plagiarism. if i came up with an I/C/O/C song and read the lyrics to the stooges' "no fun" on top of it, i bet everyone would tell me what an unoriginal idiot i am, but when elisa appropriates "rambling rose", then it's "art" and "deep"

instead of wondering what people are going to call you if you cover or appropriate the stooges, you should grow some balls and do it anyway.

people who worry too much about what others will think are the permanent spectators of life.

Quote:
but, in fact, she's quite unoriginal even in her so called "poetry".

whatever.

Quote:
what?! you think i'm trying to answer you in poetry? why would i do that? i'm just clearing a point here.

ha ha ha ha. doctor, heal thyself.

Quote:
when you listen to a lee ranaldo or a stephen malkmus, those guys can write great lyrics in automatic writing, i haven't heard a single line elisa has proclaimed (she doesn't sing or scream, she's like a poetry reader) that doesn't come out as overthought and pretentious, it's aimed at being this "brutal" academic deep improvised poetry...which reminds me of the point i try to make besides this, SHE'S A LYRICIST NOT A POET; if you're in a band, that's why i compared her (not in quality but in function) to lee and malkmus and not to a real poet, that's an aberration to call her a poet. she's a poet like high school goth kids are, or third generation riot girl wannabes.

you're totally missing that i was making a broader definition of poetry than cobbling together words. i was speaking of a force of nature that connects everything, or some other quasi-mystical shit like that. but don't take my word for it-- go and read ruben dario on the subject and we'll discuss.

elisa is shamanic-- and that is that.

Quote:
and to finish the other point, i've read better lyrics, deep, subconscious, metaphorical lyrics from CANNIBAL CORPSE and those guys write terrible lyrics.

oh yeah if you like right-wing death-obsessed shlocky men

Quote:
and YEAH, I'VE SEEN THEM LIVE, to repeat yet again; they were terrible, they didn't do shit but rock back and forth on their feet while they did shit feedback and did what lee and thurston and kim do with their guitars for over 25 years without the songs or the energy, elisa tried to approach one of the security people in the front of the stage, dude didn't respond, and she did nothing else. it was a big nothing. like ANY band, they can have a good night, but, judging also from the videos ecstatic peace used to put up, those good nights were few and far in between. it's been more lore than truth their "legendary" out of control shows.

maybe it didn't work for you, or maybe you just put the jinx on them. did you ever watch the movie "the cooler"?

Quote:
you want a song title? "a world of cocks and lillacs"

eww, what? first, i don't like cocks. who likes cocks? they look like turnkey necks. second, it's spelled lilacs, but whatever. the image is claustrophobic and sad, whereas "dreaming of vegas and pussy and victory" has this open-ended rhythm forward-moving energy that connot be stopped.

Quote:
no, i said why I didn't get why people like them AND that i don't like them, there's an "and" in between, which doesn't equate them.

yeah but you give 1 explanation for both things.

"oh i don't like the color red, and i can't understand why others can't, and it's because of this..."

Quote:
where do you get the "academic" shit? when have i brought that up? i said, and kinda gives it away that the post below you quoted and replied to, you didn't associate with this other post, that people don't know about CERTAIN BANDS that have done what mm have done but better yet, that if they knew about those bands, they probably would stop praising the markers so highly and know what they really are.

well because you seem to imply that enjoyment of rocknroll requires "study of the old masters". and it doesn't.

Quote:
that said, i did say that I DON'T GET how people like them so much, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't like them, i mean, what do i care what you people like? a lot of people like cheese and i don't, i'm not going out of my way to tell them why they shouldn't eat it, i may explain WHY I DON'T like cheese but i wouldn't force them to stop doing so, just like I'M EXPLAINING why i don't like the magik fucking markers.

you tried to explain with one explanation why you don't like them and why you don't understand other people liking them, that's all.

Quote:
see? this is what i meant.

ROYAL TRUX WERE AN EXAMPLE of a band who did something similar but SUCCEEDED.

or sucked seed. i dont think the mm are trying to to what rtx did, are they? and can't one like both? i like both, differently and for different reasons.

Quote:
if, say, the stooges had never formed or made records and 30 years on there was no one else who had attempted and succeed in doing the song with a wilder and improved edge then YES, i would rather listen to CHUCK BERRY, same as i don't need to listen to magik markers when i can well go listen to can't, mars and, yes, royal trux, to give you just three examples.

ok, listen to chuck berry & the stooges then, and let's burn everything else.

Quote:
by the way, have i mentioned besides the hypothetical example in this very post, my bands in this thread? that's what i thought.

well, you seem to say people shouldnt have license to do something unless it's KEY, and since you are doing something, i'm simply wondering if you are KEY and original and all that so that you give yourself license to do things.

and yes im being a pain in the ass because while i have no problem with you dislike of this band which i greatly enjoy, i find your invective unwarranted, wrongheaded, spiteful, and masking a fair deal of jealousy, and i'm quixotic like that.
Old 10.02.2007, 03:04 PM   #133
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
!@#$%!, it seems like the only valid reason you have to enjoy MM is ...because she is a girl.
That's the only reasoning you've given anyway. Just that she is "fiery!" So fucking what, writing about "sexism" isn't some crazy new thing, it's been going on since the start of music. It isn't like she's having a hard time in life, she's making the worst 'music' I can think of, and getting paid for it. There are legions of fanboys that would gladly fuck her, big tits or not. She's not a poet.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.02.2007, 04:11 PM   #134
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
!@#$%!, it seems like the only valid reason you have to enjoy MM is ...because she is a girl.
That's the only reasoning you've given anyway. Just that she is "fiery!" So fucking what, writing about "sexism" isn't some crazy new thing, it's been going on since the start of music. It isn't like she's having a hard time in life, she's making the worst 'music' I can think of, and getting paid for it. There are legions of fanboys that would gladly fuck her, big tits or not. She's not a poet.

oh, multiple opponents-- the fun!

no it's not because "she is a girl" that i like this band, but there is definitely a very female energy to the markers; and i'm not discounting pete's solid testicular output at the drums, but there is definitely a reactor of female power at the core of their aesthetic, and i do enjoy women rockers more than i do men. it's just the way im wired.

but to say that it's "just because she's a girl" would mean i like the music of shakira (hot), christina aguilera, britney, avril, gwen stefani and a miriad other pop divas, and i certainly don't. oh i dont like be your own pet either.

but if you ask me do i love patti smith im going to say yes, and sleater kinney and erase errata an even some of bikini kill's output, when they get too preachy i can't enjoy. and i do love rocking women. but the misogynist boys (and girls) are always going to try to dismiss them with silly arguments.

but if from reading my posts it "seems" to you what you say it seems, you need remedial reading lessons.

in any case, i suppose that the vitriol that the markers inspire in you (i won't diginify some aspects of your post with an answer) means that they are doing something right. it is funny to see the seething hatred you harbor, but fortunately for everybody else your contempt can't touch them and it only reflects back upon you like a shit pie in the face.

sort of like that zen tale where some man who had a piece of shit on his nose and would go around making faces and asking "what stinks?"

anyway, just the other day somebody egged our car, it's a nice little car, and when we found the detritus all over the paint i said to madame !@#$%! "we must be doing well, because someone hates us".

burn, baby, burn.
Old 10.02.2007, 07:39 PM   #135
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

!@#$%!: answer me when you start making sense and stop being a stereotyping person.

i will just make two points and then i won't post anything else, because expressing my opinion is just getting me labelled by think i'm not.

1) magik markers are gumball of the 00's, in a few years NO ONE will be talking about them.

2) remember this time last year when the whole board was talking about be your own pet but no one (except paulybee) remembered magik markers? see you at byop threads when their next album is released.

enjoy your mediocrity.
Old 10.02.2007, 07:58 PM   #136
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Rabblerabblerabble 9 pages of bullshit now. LET IT DIE.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.02.2007, 08:34 PM   #137
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
!@#$%!: answer me when you start making sense and stop being a stereotyping person.

i make too much sense. but ok.

Quote:
i will just make two points and then i won't post anything else, because expressing my opinion is just getting me labelled by think i'm not.

?

Quote:
1) magik markers are gumball of the 00's, in a few years NO ONE will be talking about them.

i live in the present. who knows about the future?

don fleming is alright though.

Quote:
2) remember this time last year when the whole board was talking about be your own pet but no one (except paulybee) remembered magik markers? see you at byop threads when their next album is released.

this time last year... i have no idea.

byop = not my cuppa

Quote:
enjoy your mediocrity.

im going to their show in a couple of weeks. wooohoo!!

i'll bring offerings to the holy priestess.

have fun you too!
Old 10.02.2007, 08:39 PM   #138
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Mrs Doyle: What do yah say to a cuppa tea, father?
Father Jack: FECK OFF, CUP!
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.02.2007, 08:45 PM   #139
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Mrs Doyle: What do yah say to a cuppa tea, father?
Father Jack: FECK OFF, CUP!

ha ha ha
Old 10.03.2007, 05:42 AM   #140
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
oh yeah, drag me into the row when im not looking!!!!!!

markers rule. byop suck balls.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth