Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page the Who thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.14.2011, 07:20 AM   #21
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
I wish they would release their set from Woodstock. It is incredible and my GEN20 copy doesn't even sound very good. The short piece they releaed on The Kids Are Alright is just a tasty teaser of this band at their heaviest. The Who took the Jeff Beck Group slot (but only after the Jefferson Airplane signed on, as they were the biggest band around at the time and The WHo didn't want to be left behind, I think the Jeff Beck Group was having internal problems.).

Check out the 2 Jeff Beck Group albums for some excellent 60's UK blues. Rod Stewart sounds great and the musicianship is killer.

Its hard for us to understand how bands like Jeff Beck and the Who changed everything when they started showing up at gigs with guitar stacks and PAs, up to that time bands played on little amps. of course that later allowed promoters to put bands in enormous stadiums with huge stacks of amps that sounded like shit. But lots of money was to be made...

Those first Jeff Beck Group albums have always interested me a lot, but there has always been many other albums...but I think in the near future I will listen them! I think you also like the Faces, I have only Ooh La Laa, but also have a great interest of other bands albums.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2011, 01:14 PM   #22
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Those first Jeff Beck Group albums have always interested me a lot, but there has always been many other albums...but I think in the near future I will listen them! I think you also like the Faces, I have only Ooh La Laa, but also have a great interest of other bands albums.

Small Faces or Faces? ;-) I don't think have anything by either band actually...
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2011, 09:02 AM   #23
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
So Sad About Us is the only song I like
other than that..........vomit
Why?
Old 10.17.2011, 09:05 AM   #24
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
Small Faces or Faces? ;-) I don't think have anything by either band actually...
I mean Faces. Stewart was singing into it (I think there was maybe some other same members as in the first Jeff Beck Group). Someone has said Faces was "punkier" version of the Rolling Stones and I agree that even I read Ooh La Laa is the softest album of them.

I have heard also just a few songs from Small Faces, it is also on my "list" of the bands need to check-in.
Old 10.17.2011, 08:26 PM   #25
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Your love for the who is surprising! Certain posters, at least.

A band I loved when I was younger, and then stopped listening to for whatever reason.

I've been re-discovering bands from my teens lately (early misfits, ramones, doors, etc. SY even) so I'll have to dive back into the Who.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2011, 12:15 PM   #26
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
Your love for the who is surprising! Certain posters, at least.

A band I loved when I was younger, and then stopped listening to for whatever reason.

I've been re-discovering bands from my teens lately (early misfits, ramones, doors, etc. SY even) so I'll have to dive back into the Who.
Well, I have been suprised that Who thread didnīt get more attention here. I think if there hadnīt been the Who, there wouldnīt have also been SY.
Old 10.19.2011, 02:03 PM   #27
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Or Nirvana for that matter.

or punk.

for sure

But at the same time....

the horrendous pirotechnics of the 80s probably wouldnt have existed either.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2011, 07:22 PM   #28
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
I really enjoy some early Who stuff, and I like The Who Sell Out quite a bit. They were pretty badass in the beginning, but most of what they did really doesn't appeal to me at all. First few records I can dig, though.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.24.2011, 08:52 AM   #29
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

I just have been wondering, how many here have properly listened Tommy, Whoīs Next or Quadrophenia? I have doubts many havenīt listened Itīs Hard or Endless Wire at all. I think those 80-2000 albums have much more positive aggressive energy than any album of "so-called punk bands" like Bad Religion, Therapy?, Green Day or Offspring (Hereīs great example from Itīs Hard):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSP_Zs7Nr7o

Of course if someone donīt honestly like the later Who-production, itīs ok, but I think itīs very stupid if someone donīt like it for that reason because most of the sixties band made not so good material later.

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth