Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page GG Allin Apreciation thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.04.2011, 09:18 PM   #21
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
using the word "Poo" instead of "shit" suggests youre pumping yourself up a bit jon boy

pumping myself up a bit is the other thing i do. know what i mean eh.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2011, 07:32 AM   #22
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I find much of his punk material not interesting at all, but fascinated with him (and his shit). I really enjoy his acoustic demo music which is heavily influenced by Hank Williams - his hero. It shows a more emotive side as oppose to his animalistic personality. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_nWRVCNwg4.

Fucking crazy that they had his tombstone removed because too many people drank by it, shit on it, wrote "SCUMFUCK" on it, etc. A friend of mine drank by his grave when it was still up....got kicked out of the graveyard.

Cheers for that video link Dr. Eugene - interesting to see what he was like in his earlier years!
Old 07.05.2011, 10:54 PM   #23
barrett
little trouble girl

barrett kicks all y'all's assesbarrett kicks all y'all's assesbarrett kicks all y'all's assesbarrett kicks all y'all's assesbarrett kicks all y'all's assesbarrett kicks all y'all's assesbarrett kicks all y'all's assesbarrett kicks all y'all's assesbarrett kicks all y'all's assesbarrett kicks all y'all's assesbarrett kicks all y'all's asses
I love GG.
barrett is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2011, 05:49 AM   #24
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
I used to be a fan. These days I am from a distance....seldom listen to the guy but enjoy him as the iconic figure that he is. He was much more interesting to a 16 year old version of myself that felt a need to analyze and figure out such animalistic behavior. Once I figured it out, at least from my own perspective, it wasn't so interesting anymore. He's kind of legendary around here and tons of people take him seriously. Murder Junkies played maybe a year ago. Didn't get to see the show but met/hung out with the band a while (the guy that booked 'em lived in my complex at the time and the band crashed in his pad). Was interesting hanging out with GG's brother and making small talk about music and band-on-the-road life. Merle cleared the rumors for me regarding whether or not Thurston had ever played a show with GG (he said no, but that Thurston had always been a big supporter of the band). Bought a GG/Junkies shirt from the back of their van. Took some pics. Fun.

GG's music was/is the epitome of antisocial. Mentally fucked up and fucking everything else over. I hear he was planning on working on a spoken word album before he entered the big timeless reality. Can never be so sure about these things, but I'm thinking I'd dig that more at this phase of my life than his actual music which does basically nothing for me.

I've always been impressed by all those he managed to get to play shows with him. Hard to imagine GG and Mascis in the same room....but I suppose it was GG and plenty of weirder shit happened.
Old 07.13.2011, 01:47 AM   #25
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
hey everyday is gg day for me man. i literally punch grannies in the face, drink heavily and poo on command and throw it at people.
Doubt it. The most GG Allin you'll ever go is taking your wife cottaging while you wait in the car.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth