Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The flaming lips
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.12.2006, 01:28 PM   #1
PunkerViolence
stalker

PunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's asses
I love their early records....Everything up to Transmissions from the satalite heart is their best work. Hear it is - OH MY GAWD - Telepathic Surgery - In a priest driven ambulance - Hit to the death in the future head - Transmissions. Anyon else like to agree?
PunkerViolence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2006, 01:30 PM   #2
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
I think I will... I'll say the lips have 3 best albums. Priest drvien is the best. Of their early days 'n' all, I think. Transmissions is their best WB record while they were still a rock band. And soft bulletine is the best modern lips record;

But yea, I realyl like old lips. Like, the first 3 albums can get pretty spotty, but I still prefer them to yoshimi just about any day.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2006, 01:32 PM   #3
PunkerViolence
stalker

PunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's assesPunkerViolence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey alex
But yea, I realyl like old lips. Like, the first 3 albums can get pretty spotty, but I still prefer them to yoshimi just about any day.

I think i have to say - OH my gawd is my favorite lips album. It totally stands out above everything else...just lisen to The ceiling is bendin'
PunkerViolence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2006, 01:51 PM   #4
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I'm just getting into them recently, they're pretty good . I first saw them on a beavis and butthead episode
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2006, 01:59 PM   #5
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperstation
I think i have to say - OH my gawd is my favorite lips album. It totally stands out above everything else...just lisen to The ceiling is bendin'
yea oh my gawd is awesome, esp ceiling is bending... but all of them fall flat to priest... it just kinda acheives everything they had been trying on the first 3 albums into a unified piece./
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Old 04.12.2006, 05:20 PM   #6
sonikold
children of satan

sonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's asses
hit to death was my stoner album for a long time... i don't even know how many times i listened to that secret track...

sonikold is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2006, 06:54 PM   #7
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know if it's just my perception, but the Lips have morphed into something unrecognizable. I actually gave away my copy of Mystics.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2006, 08:56 PM   #8
hey alex
the end of the ugly

yea, they definantely turned into something completely different... but I wouldn't say it's bad. I mean, listening to things like transmissions and then the new stuff makes sense to me... it's got the same ideas (well, most of them) just different executions. They're not a rock band anymore, now they work in pop-electronics and that's coolw ith me. Tho I would kill to see them whip out rainin babies.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth