Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Has anyone seen this "Sinister" movie?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.30.2012, 05:23 PM   #1
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
I just learned saw the preview for this movie, and because I don't have time to watch TV (or own one ) I had no idea it existed until two days ago. I've got a free night on Halloween, and I don't want to take acid and go to a ghb club for a show I won't remember, hand out my pay check to kids in the form of future cavities, or *ugh* DRESS UP... what I want to do is go for a nice drive, listen to Bad Moon Rising, drink some chai tea, and watch a movie that will scare the shit out of me.

Yes, I am getting old, thank you for asking.

Anyway, the long and short of it is this: I've been busy as HELL and want to enjoy myself for once. I'm incredibly hard to scare, too, and the previews for this look kind of promising. So if this is still playing, I'd love to see it. And I would love to hear your thoughts.

Also, what's up with this Cabin in the Woods bullshit? It's got the Thor guy in it, and it's about teens in the forest (and hit Netflix really fast), so I assumed it would be totally corny and worthless, but now it's showing up on best of the year lists, and I finally saw an extended preview of it that actually made me go "... huh?" So is it decent or not?

Happy Halloween!
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2012, 06:13 PM   #2
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
You take acid and listen to Pavement and Animal Collective with Severian while reading Pitchfork? Good Lord!
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2012, 11:39 PM   #3
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
i don't know anything about it but my sister said it wasn't very good
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2012, 09:33 AM   #4
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I wad told by two separate people yesterday that I MUST watch Cabin in the Woods.

It just sounds so cliche.. there's also no way that I could ever get my wife to watch it, as she scares too easily.

The pregnancy would also put a damper on any plans to drop acid and listen to Pavement.

We watched bad anime and some Kevin Smith dealy-thing.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2012, 09:59 AM   #5
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
chai tea

chai means tea

just saying :/
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2012, 11:49 AM   #6
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
chai means tea

just saying :/

actually chai means chai

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2012, 05:31 PM   #7
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
You take acid and listen to Pavement and Animal Collective with Severian while reading Pitchfork? Good Lord!

I would, given the opportunity, take Animal Collective, the Severian, and the Acid, but Pavement is not good acid music... and though sheer madness may drive me to read an internet music zine consisting almost entirely of black, white, and red, I really don't think that would be my go-to for hallucinogenic entertainment.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2012, 02:35 AM   #8
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I wad told by two separate people yesterday that I MUST watch Cabin in the Woods.

It just sounds so cliche.. there's also no way that I could ever get my wife to watch it, as she scares too easily.

I'm a pretty big fan of "Cabin in the Woods" as I saw it in the theatre and raved about it. I'm a fan of Joss Whedon's shows and movies like "Serenity", and I would think if you are a fan of these its unlikely that you'll be disappointed by the movie. If you are not a fan of "Buffy" or "Angel" and Whedon in general "Cabin in the Woods" may not change your opinion of him.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth