Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page my bloody valentine in toronto on sept 25th
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.25.2008, 01:22 PM   #21
flophousefloozie
expwy. to yr skull

flophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's asses
Too late, I got tickets anyway.

You really think they'll do it again? Hard to say...
flophousefloozie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2008, 02:25 PM   #22
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
I went last night. The first song was in a word, PERFECT. I am not going to write a trite review of this show...

By retinas are toast
Old 09.26.2008, 06:17 PM   #23
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
yep.. worth the long wait to see em!
Old 09.26.2008, 06:36 PM   #24
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
HOLY FUCK.
Best fucking show ever.

Cigarette In Yr Bed killed me.. I could have cried for the first two songs... shit, man... Feed Me With Yr Kiss and You Made Me Realise (last two) were SO insane.. the "Holocaust" went for 22 minutes, so said one of the security guards, and it was absolute bliss.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2008, 10:04 PM   #25
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
it was pretty great. toronto was a nightmare. all the trains shut down and my uncle and aunt had to drive me everywhere and i had to catch a train back to kingston at 6:55 in the morning, and then we drove all the way to mass and just got back...
but the show was great. i thought the 22 min. noise part was a bit long. it was amazing, and it was really cool how i felt the wind from the speakers and i sweat from shaking from the beats. and i took out my earplugs for a moment and never heard anything that loud. but it didnt have to be that long imo. but it was great. belinda looked delicious with short hair and the white dress...
i got a shirt
it was a great show.
pluys the 1srt opening band was great. gemma hayes wasnt, but she is hot.
i just didnt have an amazing time because i was worried about the mobility of the town and was worried that ill miss my train in the morning

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2008, 06:51 AM   #26
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
where are all the people who posted anti mbv mesages on the last mbv threads... no one saying they are lame or old people cashing in or boring as shit...

ha! this place is as inconsistent as half frozen custard.....

mbv... one of the finest live experiences ive ever had in my 33 years on this planet!
Old 09.27.2008, 07:19 AM   #27
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
saw them at ATP NY...very disappointing. sheer volume trying to cover up
a lack of personality. the records are still superlative, though.
Old 09.27.2008, 07:23 AM   #28
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
i agree about thte sheer volume part. im not sure if it re4ally helps that its that loud. all that it does is forces everyone to wear earplugs and thus miss out on a lot of the subtle sounds that they are so brilliant at making
it was still great though

Old 09.27.2008, 06:51 PM   #29
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
gemma hayes wasnt, but she is hot

I nearly threw something at her...I want visceral volumis death not some lillth campfire snuga lug...

MBV was flawless, no mistakes no perfect tunings, sound lights.

How does th band get all of those 'midi-synthy' counter melodies that I hear...
Anyone know?
Old 09.27.2008, 11:15 PM   #30
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
The opening band, Flowers of Hell I think... were fucking boring... the first two songs seemed like.. maybe promising, but after that, it was so formulaic and uninteresting, and they COULD NOTNOTNOT fucking hold a climax. In fact, in their whole set, the only time they came close to a climax was the last song, and the fucking crashing cymbals just dropped after 4 bars. Uncool.
Gemma Hayes was alright music, but fucking boring and annoying when I wanted MBV.. uninvited... luckily, she only played 4 songs.
And I already talked about how amazing MBV were.. the "Holocaust" was fucking bliss... etcetera!

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2008, 11:27 PM   #31
fugazifan
invito al cielo

yeah that was my problem with the flowers of hell, is their drummer. they would build up these really beautiful melodies and the drummer would stop the climax after only a few bars. douche chill.
and their music is based on climaxes... it had much potential, but they didnt go all the way
and all their songs were the same

Old 09.28.2008, 03:14 PM   #32
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

Seemed to morbid for me....I though they were fom Eastern Europe...

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth