Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.15.2018, 10:21 AM   #10381
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
wow im a genius of the fantagame. i put in mandzukic for lovren, he scores own goal.

next thing lovren will score a brace

and now kante gets a yellow. i am pure gold

good job perisic!

dis game...

great first half.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2018, 11:03 AM   #10382
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Really shaky French side.
The free kick that lead to the opener shouldn't have been awarded.
Let's hope the blues get to play better for a better final (Croatia will win it if things go on this way).
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2018, 11:59 AM   #10383
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
nzonzi for kante seems to have reduced the shakiness and freed up the attack

they still did not do great as a team but individually griezmann mbappe pogba well....

a little sad for croatia they gave it all and as a team were better just unlucky and lacking the finishers france had
Old 07.15.2018, 12:29 PM   #10384
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
There's only one umbrella in Moscow...
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2018, 12:36 PM   #10385
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

france champion in the world cup and in our fantasy league ha ha ha... bertrand kicked all our asses

i’m croatia cuz i got 2nd but never quit xD

now, who owes who a beer
Old 07.15.2018, 01:34 PM   #10386
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
So well done Bertrand and Symbols, up the top there in FF. Built up a nice lead on the rest of us.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2018, 02:40 PM   #10387
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
English fans picked Peresic as the best player in the final, I think I agree.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44799975

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2018, 02:42 PM   #10388
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
nzonzi for kante seems to have reduced the shakiness and freed up the attack

they still did not do great as a team but individually griezmann mbappe pogba well....

a little sad for croatia they gave it all and as a team were better just unlucky and lacking the finishers france had

Taking Kante off after 55 minutes would normally be shocking, but on this occasion it was a great decision. I'm delighted Kante has a world cup winners medal but its disappointing he didnt have a vintage performance in the final. Still, he'll be around for a good while anyway.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2018, 08:19 AM   #10389
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I watched the final but wasn't really concentrating on it. I'd invested so much emotion into England that, when they went out, I just felt drained and in need of a break. I didn't watch any of England v Belgium. I just couldn't face it.
Old 07.16.2018, 10:16 AM   #10390
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I watched the final but wasn't really concentrating on it. I'd invested so much emotion into England that, when they went out, I just felt drained and in need of a break. I didn't watch any of England v Belgium. I just couldn't face it.
figured as much when your posting here paused

must have been quite a blow, but if you look back clinically (things are dawning on me as i review the whole cup) it all makes perfect sense, if you think, since getting jammed up against tunisia.

looking forward to the euro 2020 and beyond, france and belgium the clear superpowers; and france might rule for a generation because their team is so young.

croatia the revelation but i think due to age maybe at their peak here and downhill forward. don’t really know who comes after (pulisic not one of them lol) so i feel unable to predict.

sure croatia played great, but again retrospectively they had a difficult road in the easiest bracket and so 2nd place is right.

france knocked all the hard rivals with ease— they even shut down the mighty belgium. well-deserved cup. i think the reason we never saw a great display from them was simply because nobody was enough of a challenge to make them really suffer. were they ever against the ropes? i can’t recall a single instance. they’re in a league of their own almost.
Old 07.16.2018, 01:29 PM   #10391
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah, France winning feels right. They improved as they progressed. Belgium were probably the team I most enjoyed watching but by the final France looked the most complete.

England will get better and I'm sure they'll be serious contenders going into upcoming tournaments. Especially if they can find a playmaker from somewhere - the one area we really fall down in.
Old 07.20.2018, 01:04 PM   #10392
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
So the transfer window rolls on for Liverpool (and seemingly no one else).

Now forgive me whilst I go on a rant here. So the big thing right now is how they've broken the record for a goalkeeper at £67 million for Alisson. They also broke the record for a defender (£75 million for Van Dijk) last season. My question is why?

Firstly, Alisson. That's some serious money to spend on a keeper. I watched Roma a few times last year and fair play, he's a decent keeper. However, was anyone else after him? Rumours were Chelsea, but that's it. Why allow yourself to get trumped into paying that much for him? To my eyes Oblak is just as good a keeper. Would he have cost less? For sure. I guess Roma were just wanting the extra money to make the bargain Salah hurt less. Liverpool got suckered in and paid the first number they got told.

Now Van Dijk. This one was and still is even more baffling. £75 million. £75 MILLION!! Insane. However, you gotta ask yourself "is he in the top 20 defenders out there?" At a push. Then you think how many other great defenders are there out there they could have tried for? Umtiti is one. Hummels is another, Boateng is there. Koulibaly definitely, but I don't think they'd have got him.

Umtiti had a release clause for, what was it, £50 million last summer? Definitely a better player than Van Dijk. Again, no one else was pestering for Van Dijk! Liverpool wet themselves and threw whatever money they had at a pretty decent defender. For that money you'd want someone next level.

Honestly, I don't get it. I don't get why they threw all that money on two reasonable players when much better were available and probably cheaper. Will they win the league this year? (Our year, la!) probably not given how great City were. You'd be a fool to think Guardiola will let the team rest on their laurels this year. Will they win a trophy? Hopefully not. Question is if they win the FA cup next year could they honestly say all that money was worth it?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2018, 01:12 PM   #10393
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

so glad you brought back this thread

i was starting to look at the trump thread again, like a dog returning to his vomit

ha!

so: transfers? i have no idea

generalized inflation i assume? maybe some chinese club wanted them. we’ve had these discussions before.

me, i gotta get my football supply sorted for the year. hoping to catch some prem games as well as bundesliga and champions and who knows what else.
Old 07.20.2018, 01:24 PM   #10394
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
so glad you brought back this thread
i was starting to look at the trump thread again, like a dog returning to his vomit

Yup I made that mistake myself. Made the bigger mistake of actually posting on there too.

Quote:
generalized inflation i assume? maybe some chinese club wanted them. we’ve had these discussions before.

This is my point. From what it sounds like no one else was after them. And even if there were. So what. Better players out there to try for. I can't talk cos Everton are doing a stand up job of spunking silly money on even more average players than Liverpool have done. Don't even know why I'm letting myself get sucked into a shit season.

Quote:
me, i gotta get my football supply sorted for the year. hoping to catch some prem games as well as bundesliga and champions and who knows what else.

Aye. Reckon you'll try and have a look at more premier league games this season?

Old 07.20.2018, 01:59 PM   #10395
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

yes. so many good players in the prem it’s impossible for me to ignore any longer

i’ll still keep an eye on bundesliga cuz it’s such a great feeder league

but seriously, it’s getting out of hand. and chelsea dumped conte? who the fuck dumps conte?
Old 07.21.2018, 04:21 AM   #10396
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
To my eyes Oblak is just as good a keeper. Would he have cost less? For sure.

He would've actually cost more. I'm sure I read about Liverpool originally wanting him before they even looked at Alisson but Atletico whacked an insane release clause on him, so they dropped it. So if Oblak proved too expensive, and assuming MU wouldn't sell DeGea to Liverpool in a million years (or that DeGea would even want to go there) and ditto Chelsea with Courtois (whose move to Real looks increasingly like a done deal) the options at that grade soon start to run out. And sticking with Mignolet or Karius was never an option.

Either way, it all makes the 7m that West Ham just paid for Fabianski look like the bargain of the summer.
Old 07.21.2018, 10:26 AM   #10397
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i know most people here are not ‘mericans, but i’ll think outloud a bit and say: i think sling blue with dvr should give me the best bang for the buck for $30/mo which will include the nbc and fox sports (prem + bundesliga + champions).

then there’s “fubo” for $40 which presumably has *everything*...

hmmmm...
Old 07.21.2018, 11:50 AM   #10398
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

That's not bad at all! Here sky sports are charging £28 a month. However, they lost Champions league to BT sport a few seasons back, and this year they just lost la liga to some god knows what channel. So all they have now is just premier league.

They boast about having the most premier league games.over BT. Which to be fair is fuck load. They also have Gary Neville's punditry on Monday night games.
However, BT have bundesligsa, serie a, ligue 1, and the Portuguese league which probably boasts 12 viewers per game. Actually no idea why football people haven't switched to BT in their droves. But you have to deal with Robbie Savage commentary. Which I'm sure is sausage to.you but.youve heard enough people on here moan about him

Anyway! Join us premier league geeks and you can despair in watching West Ham and Everton.

Old 07.21.2018, 05:02 PM   #10399
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah, for $30 a mo that's pretty good.

Have to say, though, I hate the move towards subscription for things like the CL. It's surely only a matter of time before it happens to the WC, too.
Old 07.21.2018, 06:27 PM   #10400
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Isn't there a rule where certain things have to be available on terrestrial tv like Wimbledon, World Cup etc?

420470510517518519 520 521522523530570620 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth