Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page i was arrested at again at a protest last week- heres what i wrote about it
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.16.2010, 04:39 PM   #1
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
it was published in the official sheikh jarrah (neighborhood in east jerusalem where we are struggling to stop more jewish settlers from taking arab houses and to give back the arabs whose houses have already been taken) blog.
a lot has transpired this past week.
i advise going through some of the other posts in the blog but here is what happened on jerusalem day last week.
and i will give a brief intro to what jerusalem day is.
jerusalem day celebrates the union of jerusalem in 67, ie the conquering of the old city/western wall, and the consequent illegal annexation of east jerusalem as an official part of israel, an annexation that has not been recognized by any country in the world. in fact israel is the only country whose capital is not recognized by any other country.
since then jerusalem has been known as a unified city, but the facts are that it is not. while west jerusalem (the jewish part) continues to thrive and gain international acclaim and tourism, east jerusalem is a complete slum. over 30% of jerusalem's some 800,000 residents live in the east part, but east (or the arab parts of east jerusalem) receive only 10% of the cities funding.
there has never been any urban building plan for east jerusalem, in the 43 years that israel has conquered it. that means that most of the houses have no real sewage system. in addition the municipality because of the intentional lack of urban plans, do not let any arabs build houses. this results in illegal house building which results in regular house demolitions.

in a country that has a mandatory education until the age of 17 i think, there is a lack of over 1000 classrooms in east Jerusalem. i believe that the high school dropout rate is over 50% (but im not sure)

these are just a few facts on how jerusalem is not unified. and for that reason we protested the unification holiday last Wednesday. and for that reason i was arrested.
as i promised earlier, here is my somewhat long report of that day.

http://www.en.justjlm.org/?p=109

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2010, 04:45 PM   #2
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
That's awful...
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2010, 05:37 PM   #3
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
fugazifan gives me faith in humanity.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2010, 05:41 PM   #4
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by space
fugazifan gives me faith in humanity.

fugazifan is a poseur.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2010, 05:45 PM   #5
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
whatever you say, scooter.
Old 05.16.2010, 05:57 PM   #6
breligion
little trouble girl

breligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard suckabreligion cold hard sucka
Thanks, fugazifan. It was a good read.
breligion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2010, 09:52 AM   #7
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
keep up the good work. stay safe
Old 05.17.2010, 10:43 AM   #8
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
WTF!?!
Fucking anti-semitic bullshit... and you guys are supporting it??

Fugazi fan... why don't you leave the Jewish holy land and leave the Jews alone??? That would fucking end the problem right there.... the problem of YOU being on JEWISH holy land.
Or just fucking set off an A-Bomb in the area and get it over with.... because the rest of the world is fucking tired of the constant religious BULLSHIT that is spewing from every pore on your bodies.

GET THE FUCK OVER YOURSELF!!
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2010, 10:49 AM   #9
space
expwy. to yr skull

you make yr computations based upon limited data, and are doing yrself a disservice by doing so.

do you know that fugazifan IS jewish? do you know that you suggested that he nuke his family because YOU are sick of "constant religious BULLSHIT"?

does more bullshit ever help fight bullshit? I don't believe so.

what mr fugazifan cares about is PEOPLE and the way they are being mistreated. does being sympathetic to the arabs in Jerusalem make one an anti-semite? is disagreeing with a government's action a disagreeance with God? I think not.

maybe you should take yr own advice, good sir, and get the fuck over yrself (or at least try to make less hostile assumptions).

good day.

note: so much for faith in humanity.
Old 05.17.2010, 11:00 AM   #10
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
If fugazifan is Jewish it makes no fucking sense what he is doing...
Why the fuck would you people think it is appropriate for Arabs to be living on Jewish holy land??? It is not and Fugazifan is supporting the BULLSHIT that is adding fuel to the fire.

Fucking stupid shit.
Old 05.17.2010, 11:01 AM   #11
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
i fully support you elie, go you!

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2010, 11:04 AM   #12
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
If fugazifan is Jewish it makes no fucking sense what he is doing...
Why the fuck would you people think it is appropriate for Arabs to be living on Jewish holy land??? It is not and Fugazifan is supporting the BULLSHIT that is adding fuel to the fire.

Fucking stupid shit.

um..

israel was assigned to the jewish people after world war two, the people who did 'forgot' some people already lived there. i don't know about the rest of the world, but in my country an expression to talk about the jewish is 'the people with no country'.

if there were people living there, there is absolutely no reason to chase them away, religion or not.

flickr

Old 05.17.2010, 11:04 AM   #13
space
expwy. to yr skull

next questions:

how loud would you cry if bulldozers came and leveled yr house (but not those around you)? oceans of tears, I'm sure.

next...

how loud would you cry if those same bulldozers passed by yr house in favor of the house next door? not a peep. maybe they even "deserved it"? maybe, instead of bulldozers, they should have used a nuke?

---

did you know that a hallmark of intelligence and evolved behavior is being able to care about others outside of yr internal system? going beyond racial, political and genetic ties, and caring about someone you do not know, or maybe even do not like, is a sign of GREATNESS.

crawl up from the primal slime. the view is spectacular from here.
Old 05.17.2010, 11:06 AM   #14
space
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Fucking stupid shit.

I pray that you are simply ignorant and not as fucking stupid as you sound right now.

en boca cerrada no entran moscas, cabron.
Old 05.17.2010, 11:11 AM   #15
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploesj
um..

israel was assigned to the jewish people after world war two, the people who did 'forgot' some people already lived there. i don't know about the rest of the world, but in my country an expression to talk about the jewish is 'the people with no country'.

if there were people living there, there is absolutely no reason to chase them away, religion or not.

umm... Jerusalem and the surrounding land is where the JEWISH messiah, you may have heard of him, Jesus operated. It is clearly the birthplace of Judaism and is Jewish holy land. To expect people that generally hate Jews to live there is FUCKING RETARDED.

If fugazifan is a Jew working to keep non Jews in the Jewish holy land he has fucking lost his mind and should be arrested at every opportunity possible.
Old 05.17.2010, 11:16 AM   #16
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
umm... Jerusalem and the surrounding land is where the JEWISH messiah, you may have heard of him, Jesus operated. It is clearly the birthplace of Judaism and is Jewish holy land. To expect people that generally hate Jews to live there is FUCKING RETARDED.

If fugazifan is a Jew working to keep non Jews in the Jewish holy land he has fucking lost his mind and should be arrested at every opportunity possible.

What you're suggesting is a bit like saying "I used to live in that house 20 years ago, I think I'll just go in and kick out the people living there now and just move back in". Of course this situation is not quite the same (there's no analogy for immigration in housing), but basically the Israelis don't have the right to do the sort of thing that fugazifan was protesting against. They still have right to be there though.
Old 05.17.2010, 11:19 AM   #17
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Why wouldn't the Israelis have the right to kick people that basically want to see them dead to the curb??? That makes no sense Lurker...
there will be no peace with Arabs on Jewish holy land EVER.
Old 05.17.2010, 11:20 AM   #18
Lurker
invito al cielo

If the Palestinians started the hostility, unprovoked, then maybe you have a point. But I don't know enough about so I'm going to keep my mouth shut now.
Old 05.17.2010, 11:23 AM   #19
ploesj
invito al cielo

Quote:

i didn't say they can't live there. but why do they have to live there ALONE?
i live in a city where 164 different nationalities live together, sometimes with a struggle, but we usually get along. we accept the fact that the population will never be one race or religion, enjoy the differences, learn some new things and get on with our lives.

flickr

Old 05.17.2010, 11:25 AM   #20
space
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
should be arrested at every opportunity possible.

maybe fugazifan needs to be dragged through the stations as well, huh?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth