Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The New Dead C. - Patience
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.20.2010, 04:53 PM   #21
washer
bad moon rising

washer cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard suckawasher cold hard sucka
I just want to say that "Head" is pretty much the best song ever. Thank you for making me have to go get a new pair of pants, Dead C.
washer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2010, 05:01 PM   #22
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
a few years ago i bought a CD by that band and it was so crap i threw it in the bin before i'd even listened to the whole thing.

I've only heard 1 ep and 1 full length, I know they got some more stuff, but from what I heard, they were awesome noise rock, really complex with a snotty vocalist. Great WEIRD guitar lines, creative as hell. Just great. Not sure about the rest of their stuff, and not sure why they named themselves after a Dead C album but yeah.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2010, 10:14 PM   #23
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I've only heard 1 ep and 1 full length, I know they got some more stuff, but from what I heard, they were awesome noise rock, really complex with a snotty vocalist. Great WEIRD guitar lines, creative as hell. Just great. Not sure about the rest of their stuff, and not sure why they named themselves after a Dead C album but yeah.

Theres a Dead C album called Drive Like Jehu?

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2010, 01:03 AM   #24
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by washer
I just want to say that "Head" is pretty much the best song ever. Thank you for making me have to go get a new pair of pants, Dead C.

and thats not even the best one, you need to get a loyalty card at the pants shop.

Old 11.21.2010, 01:12 AM   #25
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

I am obsessed with The Dead C at the minute, i cant listen to anything else without thinking "Trapdoor Fucking Exit next, followed by Clyma Est Mort, followed by Eusa Kills"

Nothing else has ever done what the Dead C does to me. Im getting the new album next week, and i cant fucking wait

Old 11.21.2010, 02:16 AM   #26
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Theres a Dead C album called Drive Like Jehu?

Not that I'm aware of.

Old 11.21.2010, 02:20 AM   #27
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Not that I'm aware of.

looked like you said there was in your post.
anyway, all things Dead C are good

Old 11.21.2010, 09:19 AM   #28
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

There's a band called TRAPDOOR FUCKING EXIT, that kinda sound like Drive Like Jehu (long noisey snotty hateful songs with unconventional riffing and structures; TRAPDOOR are a bit more "post punk" instead of Jehu's.. erm.. uh... "PROGRESSIVE NOISE PUNK" -- okay, I don't know what to call them -- but they're one of the few bands who really had that kinda sound.. other bands at the top of my head being Officer May and Icarus Line)

Old 11.21.2010, 09:22 AM   #29
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
looked like you said there was in your post.
anyway, all things Dead C are good

no, there's a shitty swedish hardcore band who named themselves after Trapdoor Fucking Exit, they're about the most generic thing you can imagine
http://www.myspace.com/trapdoorfuckingexit
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2010, 09:30 AM   #30
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Wow, generic eh? Reccomend me some more "generic" progressive post-noise rock then, man. I'd like to hear some. Lemme guess, Black Flag, Drive Like Jehu, and Refused are generic too, right? Do you dislike HOT SNAKES, too (probably my favorite rock band of the past decade)? This stuff is brilliant, complex and badass. I hear some Yaphet Kotto in their sound too, now that I think about it.

Here's a better, more informed bio:
Beginning with a lineup of Jens Aker (guitar), Henke Anderson (vocals), Daniel Astgren (drums) and Daniel Fagerström (bass), the band quickly earned a reputation across Scandinavia and around the world, largely due to their unique sound which combined influences as diverse as The Stooges, Black Flag and Drive Like Jehu with occasional touches of psychedelia and neo-prog rock.

Their first, self-titled album was initially released on Swedish label Bridge Records in 2001, but was quickly picked up for a North American release by celebrated punk label No Idea. No Idea infamously promoted the band as featuring NO ex-members of fellow Swedish act Refused and continued to release Trapdoor Fucking Exit material until their final album - Crooked Life/Straight World - in 2005, by which time bass player Fagerström had been replaced by Thomas Hedblom.

Discography:
2005 - Crooked Life/Straight World (LP)
2002 - Be Not Content (LP)
2002 - Devil’s Egg (EP)
2001 - Trapdoor Fucking Exit (LP)

a quick review from INK:

Oh baby! These guys are so ridiculously good, it's almost unfair to all the other bands out there. Trapdoor Fucking Exit are from Sweden, and they rock out in an angular fashion, similar to Drive Like Jehu -- though, TFE are much faster and more aggressive than those guys.

Excellent band. I really reccomend BE NOT CONTENT, it's a cool album -- no idea whatsoever why they're name after a Dead C album, though. Is anyone into the band THE ULTRA DOLPHINS? They're also kinda Jehu-y, but about a thousand times more complex, and have an insane organ player (!). Anyway, if you're into any of those bands, Pitchfork, Hot Snakes, you'd like em definitely. OH, and Fatal Flying Guilloteens -- check that band out asap. Imagine the Jesus Lizard but more unhinged and more TEXAS. Features the most violent and insane guitarist ever, playing some of the weirdest riffs I've ever heard in my life (like, he'll hammer on on a high pitched string, make a harmonic, play 2 power chords real fast, make 3 more harmonic sounds, and then tremolo pick up and down the fretboard... and that's just one riff for one verse of a song. Really inventive and weird).

Anyway, back to Dead C.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth