Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Lee Is Free = dead head?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.13.2006, 03:59 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
So I was chatting with Lee and Steve at the Secret show, and the the Dead comes up ("the dead are alright, with me")

So I ask Lee if he is a deadhead (cuz Steve told me Lee was the deadhead of the band when I was telling him that waiting out in front of that warehouse in Downtown for a free sonic show had the positive vibes of waiting outside for a free Dead show at the Fillmore in 1970) nd he says "well I have been known to be, and sometimes continue to be, so..."

i fucking gave him a pound and a hug for that one. Good ol sanfrancisco and the good ol grateful dead.

and if you were at Jimmy Kimmel, I was the one who shouted for them to play some Ratdogg during a rather awkward silence which got more laughs then i was actually aiming for (actually, I was being serious)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2006, 04:02 PM   #2
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
you gotta love the grateful dead and thir fans, my parents met at a grateful dead gig.
and when i was old enough to understand it they said

screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2006, 09:30 PM   #3
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
you gotta love the grateful dead and thir fans, my parents met at a grateful dead gig.
and when i was old enough to understand it they said

is the guy on the right supposed to be allen ginsberg?
Old 07.14.2006, 08:28 AM   #4
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
is the guy on the right supposed to be allen ginsberg?

could be?, who knows?
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2006, 12:52 AM   #5
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Grateful Dead were pretty good. Some of their music was amazing. And then again, some of their music was down right crummy. Later in their career they really declined with good songs only peppered throughout their repetoire.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2006, 04:34 AM   #6
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Didn't they send guy's walking around before gigs, dishing out acid?
Collective tripping on the greatful dead music. Wow!
Old 07.16.2006, 02:45 PM   #7
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
They sure did do that. That's why the '60's rocked.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth