Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Should we get married?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should we get married?
By all means, but it may implode into a sticky mess of hatred, bitterness, spunk and shit 4 20.00%
Yes, of course! What are you waiting for? 3 15.00%
NO NO NO NO 4 20.00%
Who, us? Or you and someone else? I am confused. 4 20.00%
I don't care, I have a hangover, leave me alone. 5 25.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03.24.2008, 06:51 AM   #1
Confucious is sex
bad moon rising

Confucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's asses
You know, we're getting on a bit, we enjoy each other's company, we're attractive and intelligent individuals... should we get married? Vote and/or comment at will!
Old 03.24.2008, 07:05 AM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
If you guys have similiar views

Similiar interests

A good sex life

But are just different enough to compliment each other

And you're always there for each other

And if you've been together long enough where you don't see yourself growing sick o fthe othe rperson

Then sure.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2008, 07:20 AM   #3
Johnny "Magic Fingers"
children of satan

Johnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's asses
"Romance is a ticket to paradise" Kim Gordon - Little Trouble Girl.

Yeah sure, go for it.

But first, a quick tale of two couples I know...

Couple 01 - I'm currently house-sitting for these semi-newly-wed friends of mine. They were together for like ten years before they got married. They are so perfect for each-other - it's crazy.

Even the 'fights' they have are the cutest things you'll see. They never get angry - they just try get their point across in a calm, logical manner. Once they were giving me a lift home and he wanted to get chips. She explaining the trip is out of the way. He's saying it's not out of the way - it's just awkward because they have go around past these one way streets. It was about nothing - but they looked so cute the way they were trying to get the upper hand in this debate of theirs.

So if this sounds like you - then go for it. Everyone else might think you're daft - but the two of you will be in bliss.

Couple 02: Married ten years. The other day I'm talking to him (she wasn't there) about some footballer (Aussie Rules) who's in trouble for apparently beating up his girlfriend. I'm saying 'geez what a fuckwit' so he says 'It takes two to tango - I hit my wife once. I got home from the sluts (ie: brothel) and she like started screaming at me, scratching me kicking me. So I told her - one more hit and you're copping it. And she fucking hits me again! So I snapped her one and she hit the floor. I fucking warned her!'

If this seems like you - then no, don't get married.
Johnny "Magic Fingers" is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2008, 07:32 AM   #4
Gogogonorrhea
little trouble girl

Gogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's asses
If you ask me, marriage is outdated and obsolete idiocy. Maybe cool if you want to save taxes but otherwise: bourgeois bullshit.
Old 03.24.2008, 08:17 AM   #5
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confucious is sex
You know, we're getting on a bit, we enjoy each other's company, we're attractive and intelligent individuals... should we get married? Vote and/or comment at will!

Do you think you'll be able to stand her for the rest of your life?
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2008, 08:53 AM   #6
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
if you're attractive & intelligent why the hell are you getting married?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2008, 09:13 AM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I'm well up for getting married lately. I quite like the idea about not having to faff about starting relationships and sitting around Sundays reading amazing books and having a house with the best book shelf ever. I've managed to half-propose to a good 30 people so far this year. No bites, but law of averages etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2008, 09:28 AM   #8
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
marriage is bureaucracy, necessary bureaucracy.
get one if you plan to have children or share goods, etc.
█████████ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2008, 09:38 AM   #9
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Here is the worst part:

If you decide to marry her, how are you going to tell her that you based your decision on a poll you created on an internet forum without totally pissing her off?
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2008, 10:08 AM   #10
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Live together first.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2008, 11:05 AM   #11
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
This reminds me of a classic Monty Python sketch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFixDSO4_s0

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2008, 11:18 AM   #12
Confucious is sex
bad moon rising

Confucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's assesConfucious is sex kicks all y'all's asses
Many thanks for the comments on 'if I marry her...' Perhaps at this juncture I should reveal two key things: 1. I am female 2. I am straight.

Glice: your book shelf idyll sounds good to me. Presumably there'd be a record player and coal fire in said room also?
Savage Clone: A sound piece of advice, but I do not plan on living with my husband in the conventional sense. By this I mean that we will have clearly marked own space - including individual beds - and shared space - including a shared bed. What can I say? Sometimes I need to be on my own; sometimes I want to read in companionable silence.
Old 03.24.2008, 11:19 AM   #13
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Live together first.

I agree with this.
Old 03.24.2008, 11:20 AM   #14
Confucious is sex
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
if you're attractive & intelligent why the hell are you getting married?

You make a compelling argument, tell me more of this world where attractive, intelligent people are valued? Are the streets paved with cheese also?
Old 03.24.2008, 11:22 AM   #15
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You make a compelling argument, tell me more of this world where attractive, intelligent people are valued? Are the streets paved with cheese also?

Yes they are. Oh wait, you live in London. Come to America. Our lampposts are also candy canes.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2008, 11:32 AM   #16
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Glice: your book shelf idyll sounds good to me. Presumably there'd be a record player and coal fire in said room also?

An inglenook as well, I suspect. Don't know what one is, but by God I want one. And a shelf of whiskeys. It's going to be awesome.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 03.24.2008, 11:34 AM   #17
Confucious is sex
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
An inglenook as well, I suspect. Don't know what one is, but by God I want one. And a shelf of whiskeys. It's going to be awesome.

Somewhere far enough away from the city to be able to find a decent real ale pub and take the kids cycling, but near enough to go to concerts and the theatre with relative ease?
Old 03.24.2008, 11:36 AM   #18
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

fuck no.

live together first and wait at least a year. see how you get on after the initial rush of mind-crushing eroticism subsides & you find yourselves with your everyday faces. if you don't hate each other by then, you can probably marry safely.

additionally:

there's no use in marriage unless you plan to have children or designate someone to pull the plug on your future comatose self. you can live with someone without signing papers.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2008, 11:38 AM   #19
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
1. I am female 2. I am straight.

oh i forgot to say YES, we should marry

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2008, 11:47 AM   #20
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Somewhere far enough away from the city to be able to find a decent real ale pub and take the kids cycling, but near enough to go to concerts and the theatre with relative ease?

Absolutely. This by no means means Surrey, which I can't abide (apologies to a certain regular poster who lives there).

The kids shan't be cycling though, they will be violining like pauper Russians.

Quote:

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth