Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.07.2012, 05:02 PM   #15461
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Married to the Mob.

Jonathan Demme used Q Lazzarus' Goodbye Horses in that film too, and I couldn't help thinking of the Buffalo Bill dance in Silence of the Lambs, which has become quite a big movie in my book, as it doesn't falter in making an impression, no matter how many times I've seen it.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2012, 12:33 AM   #15462
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Unbreakable, for like the tenth time!

Still great, but a little simple. Needs expansion. That movie could have used another hour, easy.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2012, 05:14 PM   #15463
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Kill List

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSaNp...feature=relmfu

I think almost as good as Down Terrace
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2012, 07:43 PM   #15464
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

I caught this on TV. I dunno. Even by Michael Bay's standards it's pretty bad. Although there's one bit when Isabel Lucas goes a bit Legend of the Overfiend. I was hoping that might be a sign of things to come but it seems that even when Bay gets things right, he fucks up by not realising. She's killed in the very next scene. Twat.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2012, 02:54 PM   #15465
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
I don't plan on watching any transformers movies ever again.

Me too. Although I'm really more about trying to avoid Michael Bay. It's a cliche to cast him as the great villain of the modern blockbuster but the more I see of his stuff the more I think he is that villain.

Quote:
also watched one of Woody Allens earliest films. Take the Money and Run. Kind of average. I will admit that I laughed a few times. He didn't do a great job at sticking with the "documentary" approach either.

That's probably my favourite of his early (ie pre Annie Hall) movies but like all his early stuff I think it's a bit hit and miss.
Old 03.11.2012, 08:12 AM   #15466
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2012, 09:37 AM   #15467
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses

Excellent.
Old 03.11.2012, 05:55 PM   #15468
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Iron Man 2

I liked the first one mainly for its humour, which is still in evidence here, but the whole thing seems like an excuse to shoehorn even more slumming big name stars into silly roles. I think I'm gonna give up on seeing anymore superhero movies for a while.

And happy birthday Sonic Sphere! I couldn't find an appropriately birthday-like image so here's a motivation poster of Peter Cushing.

Old 03.13.2012, 01:31 PM   #15469
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
I had a feeling this would be the outcome when you showed interest. I myself dislike most superhero films... aside from most related to batman (which is one of my strongest obsessions to this day). It is a bit hard to recommend some to you because I'm not sure what you've seen up to this point. I'd say all three spiderman films are worth a watch... even though I'm not particularly a fan myself. I've enjoyed every batman to some degree with the exception of Batman & Robin (truly one of the worse films ever made). Usually I'm more patient with a movie, but I couldn't finish this one. I could've... but I knew halfway into it that I'd think it's shit either way.

my main quarrel with superhero movies is that majority seem to aim for the same thing. A very mundane and typical illustration about how the main character became the "hero" he's supposed to be... for what? more than half of the movie! filled with misplaced action sequences that strictly attempt to appeal to the masses rather than trying to do something fresh. The art direction in a lot of the batman films cannot be touched by anything when it comes to this genre. Compelling atmosphere, best group of characters, best writing (again... not so much with schumacher). And with Nolan's recent films... despite being overdone (I remember seeing it in theaters and thinking the film would never end and that it'd just be filled with more sub plots), it's actually really impressive to consider how some of the action scenes were pulled off without relying heavily on computer animation. The scene with the joker driving the giant truck and having the entire thing flip over from the back side of it straight forward was actually done in real life... though obviously not entirely the way you see it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1vqx...eature=related He's usually challenging himself to go beyond the stuff he's done previously. That's why I like him a lot and his work.
Hopefully he successfully executes with The Dark Knight Rises

Thanks for the recommendations. It's weird that I've still not seen a single Batman film. It's not that I've been avoiding them, just that I never seem to be around when they're on or ever feel motivated enough to seek them out, but I really do need to see at least a few.

Quote:

7/10

despite the rating, I sort of have a strong connection to this film. It has its dull moments, but I love the "dreamlike" quality it has. The opening shot of the dead body floating in the pool is still one of my favorite images. And William Holden.. how many great movies has he been in? everything I've seen him in so far has been good/great. Stalag 17, Network, Dark Past, Sunset Boulevard. This has often been mentioned as one of David Lynch's favorite movies.

I have a real fascination with that whole Hollywood gothic thing and I'd say Sunset Boulevard and Mullholland Dr as perhaps its two most perfect expressions. The dreamlike quality you mention is spot on, and seems to tie in with a sense held both by Wilder and Lynch of Hollywood as an idea or state of mind, as much as a place. Never having been to Hollywood myself, I can really relate to that whole 'Hollywood state of mind' thing. It's street names, etc, have a real mystery for me that obviously transcend their actual reality. But it's not simply a rose tinted mystique. It's hard to explain. More like a massively bittersweet and perverse affection for a place I only know about through watching movies and reading books about it. I see you're from Death Valley, so I imagine you must have a slightly more grounded take on the whole thing.
Old 03.13.2012, 04:09 PM   #15470
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
The Bourne Identity

yeah, yeah, give me a break. I enjoyed it. So what.
Old 03.16.2012, 07:48 AM   #15471
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Something I find fascinating about the whole 'Hollywood as a state of mind' thing is its sense of people reinventing themselves or fading away in a kind of reclusive luxury. I love that idea, for some reason.

As for Billy Wilder, yes I like pretty much all that I've seen by him but have a certain love/hate relationship with his dialogue, which I sometimes find comes across as being perhaps a bit too clever for its own good. But when it works (or I'm in the right mood for it) I love it. I don't know what you've seen but alongside Sunset Boulevard, I'd definitely recommend Some Like it Hot and Double Indemnity.
Old 03.16.2012, 08:16 AM   #15472
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, some like it hot, sunset BLVD and double indemnity are all amazing. i really like Ace in the Hole as Well, very great film. a Foreign Affair wasn't so great though.

and i recently saw the black power mixtape which was very good:

and halloween II which was also good, but for completely different reasons.

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2012, 08:39 AM   #15473
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I've always wanted to check this one out. I hope Netflix has it.

Quote:
I had a feeling this would be the outcome when you showed interest. I myself dislike most superhero films... aside from most related to batman (which is one of my strongest obsessions to this day). It is a bit hard to recommend some to you because I'm not sure what you've seen up to this point. I'd say all three spiderman films are worth a watch... even though I'm not particularly a fan myself. I've enjoyed every batman to some degree with the exception of Batman & Robin (truly one of the worse films ever made). Usually I'm more patient with a movie, but I couldn't finish this one. I could've... but I knew halfway into it that I'd think it's shit either way.

my main quarrel with superhero movies is that majority seem to aim for the same thing. A very mundane and typical illustration about how the main character became the "hero" he's supposed to be... for what? more than half of the movie! filled with misplaced action sequences that strictly attempt to appeal to the masses rather than trying to do something fresh. The art direction in a lot of the batman films cannot be touched by anything when it comes to this genre. Compelling atmosphere, best group of characters, best writing (again... not so much with schumacher). And with Nolan's recent films... despite being overdone (I remember seeing it in theaters and thinking the film would never end and that it'd just be filled with more sub plots), it's actually really impressive to consider how some of the action scenes were pulled off without relying heavily on computer animation. The scene with the joker driving the giant truck and having the entire thing flip over from the back side of it straight forward was actually done in real life... though obviously not entirely the way you see it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1vqx...eature=related He's usually challenging himself to go beyond the stuff he's done previously. That's why I like him a lot and his work.
Hopefully he successfully executes with The Dark Knight Rises

7/10

despite the rating, I sort of have a strong connection to this film. It has its dull moments, but I love the "dreamlike" quality it has. The opening shot of the dead body floating in the pool is still one of my favorite images. And William Holden.. how many great movies has he been in? everything I've seen him in so far has been good/great. Stalag 17, Network, Dark Past, Sunset Boulevard. This has often been mentioned as one of David Lynch's favorite movies.
Old 03.17.2012, 11:02 AM   #15474
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2012, 11:40 AM   #15475
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
comanche station: 7/10
woh kaun thi: 7/10
his name was king: 6/10
daydream nation: 5/10

i really need to see rosemarys baby already, i just threw on the soundtrack, pretty cool stuff on it
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2012, 07:04 AM   #15476
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.19.2012, 05:48 PM   #15477
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Wings of Desire

sad (but beautiful) film about two angels scrutinizing the everyday behavior in Berlin. They remain inconspicuous and have the ability to consume the inner thoughts of the inhabitants. The music is astonishingly haunting and helps build that lonely and depressing vibe I seem to be attracted to. I also enjoyed the use of switching from black and white to color. It actually served a purpose and wasn't merely thrown in there for the sake of it. I just love the look of the film and its compelling atmosphere. The shots of both angels drifting above the city scapes nearly brought tears to my eyes. This may sound silly to some of you, but it exemplifies what I love about cinema so I don't care. Wim Wenders is one of my absolute favorites. I recommend it.

Yes, I loved it too. Now you need to see Faraway, So Close!

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.19.2012, 06:57 PM   #15478
gmku
invito al cielo

We watched Faraway, So Near last night. We both thought it was awful. What a boring load of crap.
Old 03.19.2012, 10:07 PM   #15479
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

must spread more rep....
that film is great, and it has my favorite morricone soundtrack.

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2012, 06:56 AM   #15480
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
I like boring movies

I normally do too. This was beyond boring.
674724764771772773 774 7757767777848248741274 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth