Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Panspermia Is Real
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.13.2013, 02:20 PM   #21
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
as far as "gawd" goes, it is irrelevant.

I'm just saying, this stuff is merely interesting, and won't really unravel the really huge questions, such as

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
None of these theories answer what I believe is the more important question, how did awareness/consciousness form.

Which is a whopper of a question. I can't even imagine how one could investigate this. Sorry Rob I, but consciousness is more of a mystery (and a more important one) than whether we came from here or there. This thread makes for good awe-inducement and imagination-reeling, but neurology is really mind-blowing haha.

Anyway, I didn't mean "God" in any theological sense. Man I hate that word. We need a new one. And I think consciousness and "God" are somehow related, but that's just a hunch.

PS- I'm high.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2013, 02:30 PM   #22
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I think that there is no answer to the question "where did we come from?" that would satisfy people who are just in love with the mystery of it, as opposed to actually trying to get an answer to their plea.

The "answer" would either be to prosaic, or too boring, or too meaningless.

I would venture to say that humans are the only life forms on this planet that ask the question WHY? about anything. Maybe that is why all the ancient religions stipulate that questioning "god" is a bad thing? It just brings suffering.
Old 03.13.2013, 06:39 PM   #23
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The "answer" would either be to prosaic, or too boring, or too meaningless.

I would venture to say that humans are the only life forms on this planet that ask the question WHY? about anything. Maybe that is why all the ancient religions stipulate that questioning "god" is a bad thing? It just brings suffering.

First part....QFT.

This is good. Asking why and having the most meaningless answer sounds...really....depressing. GOd answers that question(in tha past at least). Now...with all this knowledge we really don't need to rely on this "God" for answering 'Why?'. I don't think God ISN'T real(I'm not saying anything because I don't know)....just perhaps in an unconcious form.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2013, 09:34 PM   #24
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
there is no god.

the reason so many of you are obsessed with a where and why of creation is because you were born in the west and so have metaphysical questions framed through the lense of creationism.

it is in fact the case that there need be no beginning nor end to the universe because this is more coherent than the frankly stupid and insane question of 'who or what created it' because once you have decided who created it you have to decide who created the creator and it goes on in an infinite regress of dickwittedness.

think of it as a perfect mandala lacking centre or edge, or the infinite depths of a fractal.

there is also no reason to take seriously the culturally enforced phobia to a continuum between the organic and inorganic, or consciousness and non consciousness.

we are not special and the universe does not need us and no amount of belief, delusion or idealistic crap will surpass that fact.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2013, 07:56 AM   #25
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
"consciousness" could very well be the universe's way of understanding itself.
Old 03.14.2013, 08:23 AM   #26
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
there is no god.

the reason so many of you are obsessed with a where and why of creation is because you were born in the west and so have metaphysical questions framed through the lense of creationism.

No, you're just looking at it through a dimly understood "Eastern" lens.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2013, 09:41 AM   #27
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
hogwash!!!!

if the universe doesn't need us then why did it create us(humans)? i'll tell you why?!?!.................to marvel at it's own beauty. GOD is one narcissistic, vanity motherfucker!!!!

how's that for idealistic crap.

i don't think of GOD as in something that created 'us', but rather a GOD that created 'itself'.

fine you're still wrong.
Old 03.14.2013, 09:43 AM   #28
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
No, you're just looking at it through a dimly understood "Eastern" lens.

funny how those eastern metaphysics match up so well to modern quantum physics and science, you know, the stuff that has turned your monotheism into an obsolete zombie that doesn't know its dead.

give it a few hundred years and christianity will be extinct.
Old 03.14.2013, 10:33 AM   #29
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I want Gods load on my face.
Old 03.14.2013, 10:52 AM   #30
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I want Gods load on my face.

you mean amerikangod yes?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2013, 11:32 AM   #31
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Oh...we're talking about amerikkangod? Fuck, I want more than just his load.
Old 03.14.2013, 11:39 AM   #32
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Oh...we're talking about amerikkangod? Fuck, I want more than just his load.

okay then, the whole flauta. load included
Old 03.14.2013, 01:05 PM   #33
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
am I becoming a deist? I'd be in good company!

Maybe the problem is confusing 'diety' with 'creator'.

Have you ever read Protector by Larry Niven? I'd suggest hitting your local used bookstore now and getting.

Our collective imagination is just so limited...Niven provides an alternative I quite like.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2013, 01:38 PM   #34
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

DEISM is the belief that reason and observation of the natural world are sufficient to determine the existence of God, accompanied with the rejection of revelation and authority as a source of religious knowledge.

Nahh, that's not me either.
Old 03.14.2013, 01:41 PM   #35
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Protector. will check it out of the library where I work. yeah! free access to books damnit!
Old 03.14.2013, 02:11 PM   #36
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I think that is the hidden "mystery" of all the mystery cults, and of all the religions, and it is shared to a very select Elite. we, all of us, every single human being on the planet, has the ability to BE GOD. Our observations create the universe we observe.

"Revolting cocks are god! / I am the creator / Beers, steers, and queers / Cowboy"
Old 03.14.2013, 07:16 PM   #37
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
ok, you don't believe in GOD? fine. fuck the ideological rules of GOD or the metaphysical arguments about the whole thing. but,

say, if something came from nothing then could've GOD come from nothing too? makes perfect sense to me. why couldn't there be a GOD without a universe? of course, none of us know this, but if it created us in the image of itself or what it wanted to be then it must be true. or not.

there's just as much reason to say there is no other intellegent species besides us in the cosmos than to say there is.

if we are the only ones, then think of it like this...........what's the point of having all those other planets that are inhospitable and uninhabitable circling around stars? that makes just as much sense as having all those sperm cells in yr balls and only that lucky one does the trick.

maybe we are the lucky ones orbiting around the sun taking things for granted and not giving a fuck.

in other words, when GOD blew his load.........he really fucking BLEW HIS LOAD all over yr face. hehe.

I already explained. There is no distinction between something and nothing. They are part of a continuum. This makes perfect intuitive sense, the reason you don't get it is because you come from a christian culture that, due to its psychosis, inserts a big fat anthropomorphic compensation fantasy and subtly indoctrinates you into believe in creation, not just from god but of the self as well.

Then that stuff about there being a "point" to all those uninhabited planets is just idiotic.

The universe does not revolve around us. It does not exist FOR us. We have no 'natural' place in it. We have no reason for being in it. It is utterly indifferent to us.

External reality is not a manifestation of our narcissism.
Old 03.21.2013, 03:39 PM   #38
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
We have no 'natural' place in it. We have no reason for being in it.

EXACTLY. the sooner the human race is wiped off the surface of this planet the better.

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.21.2013, 03:56 PM   #39
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale_gribble
EXACTLY. the sooner the human race is wiped off the surface of this planet the better.
wipe off yourself, fucker. cities are fun. good pizza too. and music. damn your silly wishes.

ps- dead battery was not saying what you're saying. just because there is no cosmic "reason" for us to be here it doesn't follow that there is no value in life. god is a crutch, but without a crutch we don't need to limp and die-- we can in fact run. and make good pizza, and anything we want.
Old 03.25.2013, 08:53 PM   #40
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
hahaha, i quoted his post in a way a religious extremist would quote a holy text. but only in good fun, i wouldn't really want to destroy the human race.

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth