Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Not that it wasn't predictable but the rebels in Libya are only in it for the money!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.06.2011, 02:06 PM   #21
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult

My ideals are that the Ivory Coast, Sudan, Zimbabwe, and other African nations under similar oppressive regimes become free. I believe in universal human rights, the people in those countries deserve the liberties you and I have. The fact is that the Arab/Persian world is politically more important in the advancement of those liberties.

do you know what it means to have a revolution?

I believe in your ideals, and share them, and they are not ideals, they are realistic goals I assure you. However I think you've missed the bigger point of this thread, that with these rebels in Libya, just because they are not Gaddafi, does not inherently mean they are any better than Gaddafi, if anything, history has thousands of examples where it becomes quite worse.

These rebels are not sharing your ideals, they are just in it for the same thing as any other gunman and bandit, the money

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2011, 02:17 PM   #22
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
do you know what it means to have a revolution?

I believe in your ideals, and share them, and they are not ideals, they are realistic goals I assure you. However I think you've missed the bigger point of this thread, that with these rebels in Libya, just because they are not Gaddafi, does not inherently mean they are any better than Gaddafi, if anything, history has thousands of examples where it becomes quite worse.

These rebels are not sharing your ideals, they are just in it for the same thing as any other gunman and bandit, the money

I indeed addressed the bigger point in my post earlier in the thread.

As i said before, i accept that the rebels do not share all my ideals, but I dont think theyd be fighting against almost insurmountable odds just for the sake of a bit more money.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2011, 02:22 PM   #23
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
As i said before, i accept that the rebels do not share all my ideals, but I dont think theyd be fighting against almost insurmountable odds just for the sake of a bit more money.

you might be surprised how little money people will kill over, its unfortunate really

Old 05.06.2011, 02:26 PM   #24
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Its sad indeed. But Gadaffi stamped much more than money on those people's heads, I just dont think they should be dismissed as moneygrabbers. The sale of oil to finance their operations are purely practical at the moment. If it gets to the stage where they instigate their own "Great Terror" then i'll be the first to denounce it.

Old 05.06.2011, 06:11 PM   #25
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

"hey e-40 belafonte, what is yo take on the situation in Libya, Syria, or Yemen?"

It's All bad.. It's All Bad..

Old 05.06.2011, 06:43 PM   #26
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
"hey e-40 belafonte, what is yo take on the situation in Libya, Syria, or Yemen?"

It's All bad.. It's All Bad..

you and your popular culture icons. Will you never learn???

Old 05.06.2011, 06:53 PM   #27
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Deleted
Funded by the CIA. DUHHHHHHHHHH

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh

whats your point?

Old 05.06.2011, 06:57 PM   #28
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Deleted
That i'm fucking broke

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

fair enough

Old 05.06.2011, 07:10 PM   #29
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnikpasswordforgetter
whiskey is expensive these days

It is isnt it? So much so that i have to resort to wine.

Old 05.07.2011, 02:14 PM   #30
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
you and your popular culture icons. Will you never learn???
I wouldn't quite call E40 'popular'.

lol
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2011, 02:44 PM   #31
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I wouldn't quite call E40 'popular'.

lol

thank you! I was going to say something but I didn't want to look like a dick, so I'm glad somebody else did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-40
"..I don't rock mainstream I stay underground cuz all that TV rap shit is to sugarcoated and watered down.."

Old 05.08.2011, 02:41 PM   #32
Lamont Cranston
100%

Lamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's asses
There was genuine protests and uprisings in the country initially same as the rest of the broader region, but it was quickly coopted by Western stooges as while the Col. isn't any worse than all their other client dictators he does have problem in that he is independent.
Old 05.09.2011, 03:51 PM   #33
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

I dunno if anyone can see this post, but im unable to access the last page of this thread?

Let the conspiracy theories begin;
THE LIBERAL MEDIA WANTS TO SILENCE ME!
THE JEWISH LOBBY IS PROTECTING ITS ASSETS ONCE AGAIN!
BBC BIAS! ITS ALL DOWN TO BBC BIAS!

edit: It seems its displaying a third page where none exists... this just adds fuel to the pyre of conspiracy... I cant trust noone on here any more...

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth