Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page So, I saw Dinosaur Jr. 2 nights ago...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.12.2009, 11:51 PM   #21
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
Beyond is a "Shitty new record"? What? I personally think the record is killer, even better than Bug. YLAOM and Dinosaur still top it for me though.

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2009, 01:34 AM   #22
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
its a boring dull piece of shit that sounds exactly like a record made my dino j ten years after the fact would sound like.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2009, 03:35 AM   #23
lechaoscestmoi
the destroyed room

lechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asses
what?? BEYOND blows my mind, i like it (almost) as much as YLAOM.
lechaoscestmoi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2009, 04:15 AM   #24
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
it just seems all too insincere at this point with the headlining show and the shitty new records etc.
insincere? It's got to be the most sincere reunion of all! I mean, they don't even hide they reunited for money. I remember reading an interview of jay two years ago I think in a french magazine, and they asked him why the band did reunite, and his answer was "There were holes in my roof that the insurance wouldn't pay, so we reunited", or something close. It's what I call sincere.
I can see why you would find the reunion boring - I haven't even listened to Beyond myself cause I don't feel like I would like it, though I've seen them live in a festival in 2007 and it was a good show -, though
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2009, 05:11 AM   #25
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, you're right Fox, it's the most sincere reunion. Also, it's the only reunion band whose members look to have fun to play toghether, especially on stage. Just my opinion.

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2009, 12:01 PM   #26
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
last time i saw them j hd him amp turned up way too loud and his mic too low, yup i got myself an instrumental dino jr. set and boy did it suck! it really sounded like a band in a mid life crisis. man, its wierd, they were one of my favorite bands UNTILL the reunion. I was psyhed for th reunion too, but it just seems all too insincere at this point with the headlining show and the shitty new records etc... I wish all SST bands that broke up in the 80s preserved the testament of the label's aesthetic and stayed broke up.

yr fucking crazy. blame the sound guy
I ahve seen them three times since reunion and everytime it was MAGIC. MAGIC I TELLS YA!!!!
Old 04.13.2009, 12:35 PM   #27
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
mascis makes a mean fucking noodle soup
Old 04.13.2009, 12:49 PM   #28
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
When I saw them, Thumb blew me of my feet, I felt it in myself arsehole too. That bass drum attack into a pause followed by an explosive wall of J's noodle soup! Hit me like a concrete train.
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2009, 01:00 PM   #29
Kegmama
empty page

Kegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's asses
Dino's def one of the loudest show's I have ever been to, I've seen them quite a few times live. A couple shows ago Kegpapa's ear drum was so damaged he bled. Doctor said it ruptured! perforated tympanic membrane. So gross. J tore me a new asshole and him a new eardrum.

Kegmama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2009, 03:08 PM   #30
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Dinosaur is definitely the best reunion band, if you can call them that anymore. I think they're past that phase and are just a band now. And Beyond is great. Only one song on the entire album I don't like. I like it better than I like BUG but not as much as YLAOM. I haven't heard the first record (I have it on tape but no tape player) so I can't compare it to that one. Oh yeah, Bat, that sounds like the sound guy's fault.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2009, 09:05 PM   #31
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HECKLER SPRAY
Yeah, you're right Fox, it's the most sincere reunion. Also, it's the only reunion band whose members look to have fun to play toghether, especially on stage. Just my opinion.

i take it you've never seen Mission of Burma play.

btw, _Beyond_ is a very good record. . . batreleaser should turn in the rest of his DinoJr records.
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth