Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Jesus people were on campus today
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.08.2006, 12:54 AM   #81
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Can i ask (and this out of complete ignorance on my part) how influential are these people in certain parts of the USA?
Influential enough to swing elections.
Old 09.08.2006, 01:17 AM   #82
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
They were on every corner. Big yellow signs, huge signs like 8 feet across and 5 feet high. They were talking and yelling but they wouldn't look you in the eye. I told one of them in passing, "I love Satan." A girl passing the other way overheard and burst out laughing.

Why are Jesus people so obnoxious?

Dude, 3 blonde chicks with some very fucked up ideas about Jesus came to Carnegie Mellon and held up signs and yelled at people and instigated them.

They were handing out warped little pamphlets that had very white powery overtones while being very fire and brimstone your going to hell. I can't quite remember as it was 2 years ago, but I'm pretty sure it had some anti-semitic stuff in there too.

These girls had no concept of "judge not less ye be judged," "pull the log out of your own eye before you try to remove the splinter from someone else's," "let the one without sin throw the first stone" or even John 3:16. I asked them if they even read the bible. They wouldn't answer me.

Makes me think of that New Model Army song Christian Militia.
"Here come the Christians an hysterical mob
Worshipping the Devil in the name of God
Worshipping the Devil in the name of God"

I'm tired of defending the Bible because of sick twisted fucks and the religious right wing.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2006, 01:19 AM   #83
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
There's a great book that explains why those twats are horribly wrong. I like to call it the Bible. I think they all have copies of it, but rarely do they actually read the fucking thing.

Amen.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2006, 11:58 AM   #84
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
i hate those bastards. some came to our high school with the treat of free miniature bibles. i asked (paraphrase) "why are you here? this is not a religious school, and if we wanted to look into this, we would."

Yeah, they did that once when I was in primary school. I cut a rectangular whole through the middle of all the pages of mine with a penknife so I could hide a key in there like in films. It wasn't as neat though. I was only little when I did it and I was already disrespecting religion.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2006, 12:16 PM   #85
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
The thing is, there are Christians and there are Christians. I don't have anything against people believing in Christianity or any other religion, and in fact, I think there are many good things that Christianity teaches (peace, love, tolerance). But these Jesus people don't seem to live the values of Christianity--they're intolerant, and certainly they don't seem very peaceful.
Old 09.08.2006, 12:26 PM   #86
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
The thing is, there are Christians and there are Christians. I don't have anything against people believing in Christianity or any other religion, and in fact, I think there are many good things that Christianity teaches (peace, love, tolerance). But these Jesus people don't seem to live the values of Christianity--they're intolerant, and certainly they don't seem very peaceful.

Yeah, as a Catholic I seem to spend more time than is reasonable differentiating myself from these people. It really doesn't make any difference to my life whether people have 'found the way'. I'm a big fan of 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone' and 'judge not lest ye be judged...'.

Luckily, we have less of those people on this side of the pond.

It's not far different from the current shitstorm in the British media over Islam - yes, there are a lot of fuckwits trying to kill people. They aren't representative of Islam AT ALL, not in this or any other country so far as I can make out.

Sorry, wet liberal post, I'll go back to talking cock presently.

Hehe. Cock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth