Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.13.2019, 09:32 PM   #24081
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Amazing film. Never get tired of watching it.
i don’t think i ever will

anyway, no time for features tonite, so just caught sofia coppola’s 1998 short

starts with a bang, ends with a sort of whimper, but i loved the bits of soundtrack. the amps! free kitten!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2019, 12:09 AM   #24082
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
The Stupids.

Quite literally as stupid as you imagine
Old 06.15.2019, 12:21 AM   #24083
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses

I hope a trans cutie punches you in the mouth someday
choc e-Claire is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2019, 10:59 PM   #24084
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Wild At Heart, thanks to y'all and me checking out some of what y'all post
Old Yesterday, 12:57 AM   #24085
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses

Its on Netflix and its been 14 years today.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 01:31 AM   #24086
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

Mary Shelley.
Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM   #24087
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses

Lol. Fragile alt-rightera found the perfectly adorable Brie Larsen offensive. She’s a delight, like, seriously.

Movie was fine. Not great, but fun. Reading all the negative reviews from angry basement dwelling woman-haters is pretty sad business.

Fun stuff, goddamn delightful lead.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM   #24088
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
[img]

Lol. Fragile alt-rightera found the perfectly adorable Brie Larsen offensive. She’s a delight, like, seriously.

'But she's be so much prettier if she only smiled'- pretty much summed up what those fragile people said. Of course you could point out how little Robert Downey Jr. smiled in Iron Man, or Captain America, but she's a girl, she should want to look pretty. I would hope nobody that listens to Sonic Youth has this immature mentality.
Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM   #24089
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
I found her character to be a bit of a dickhead in Endgame, but she was totally fine in this.

I mean, nothing really blew me away with the movie (although I did quite like the whole Kree v Skrull moral issues), but you wouldn't be watching this movie for groundbreaking material. It's a fun two hours.

(I also like that this movie is part of a random NIN resurgence that we've been getting this year, what with 'Old Town Road' and now Black Mirror)
Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM   #24090
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

To go along with reading the book, I'm about to start the movie version of Horns.
Old Yesterday, 11:03 PM   #24091
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
for breakfast today i watched
BLADE (1998)

21 years later (holy fuck) still looks fucking great!
and i think the matrix copied some stuff from it too
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Today, 08:10 AM   #24092
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
'But she's be so much prettier if she only smiled'- pretty much summed up what those fragile people said. Of course you could point out how little Robert Downey Jr. smiled in Iron Man, or Captain America, but she's a girl, she should want to look pretty. I would hope nobody that listens to Sonic Youth has this immature mentality.

Did I give the impression I have the “she’s be pretty if she smiled” mentality?

I mean, I thought she was adorable, and I hope that doesn’t sound creepy (running around with no socks on — high point of the movie ) — but she also kicked ass.

I thought she was great.
Old Today, 08:13 AM   #24093
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
I found her character to be a bit of a dickhead in Endgame, but she was totally fine in this.

I mean, nothing really blew me away with the movie (although I did quite like the whole Kree v Skrull moral issues), but you wouldn't be watching this movie for groundbreaking material. It's a fun two hours.

(I also like that this movie is part of a random NIN resurgence that we've been getting this year, what with 'Old Town Road' and now Black Mirror)

I haven’t seen Endgame. Finally had a few free, non-sick hours this weekend and it’s no longer at my theater.

But yeah, it wasn’t great, it was just fun. Could have used more serious, hard-SF tones like those few moments where it feels like Interstellar, and also could have done more with the Skrulls, because what a threat, potentially! But overall, fun ride. No real complaints. It was an easy B.
Old Today, 08:56 AM   #24094
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

Watched this this weekend. Had a lot of fun. Very entertaining and very much like the spiderman comics of my youth.
Old Today, 11:36 AM   #24095
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

No, Severian, I was not directly including you as someone with that mindset. These were complaints that faceless trolls made for Captain Marvel, and using them as a way to make the movie seem like it was the worst MCU movie ever made when you know that those guys were only dismissing and diminishing its quality cause they didn't like that it focused on a woman, that it would have some kind of pro female message(cause they want mindless entertainment and not liberal propaganda, but all art, even mainstream movies are political in some aspect I believe), and be preachy. Cause they forget or ignore that even the first Iron Man, has a anti-weapons of mass destruction message among all its fun and action.
Old Today, 03:29 PM   #24096
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Watched this this weekend. Had a lot of fun. Very entertaining and very much like the spiderman comics of my youth.
I think this is possibly my favourite of all the MCU movies.

How cute is Tom Holland though?
705110511551195120212031204 1205
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth