Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Girls Rock! DC
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.26.2009, 01:52 PM   #221
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
haha, i just realized that i should have just posted these sy lyrics to prove my point.

The plan is to go to D.C. and hang out
Go see girls rock

oh rather ripped, how i never thought i'd use you in any defense....

whatevs. this thread is old. revolution grrrl style now! i'm out of here. back to the job...

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2009, 09:32 AM   #222
sarramkrop

http://everetttrue.wordpress.com/200.../riot-grrrl-1/
Some of demonrail666's posts reminded me of this (very long) interview with Everett True on the subject of Riot Grrrl.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2009, 09:53 AM   #223
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop

I just skimmed that and I'll read it properly later but I think Everet True pretty much nails it. He seems to be written off by a lot of people but, during that period anyway, he was probably the writer best placed to understand that scene and definitely did more than any of other to promote it.

His point about music being a distraction is especially interesting.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.29.2009, 12:16 PM   #224
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
when did toilet bowls turn into such a smug-in-that-way-only-an-englishman-can-be-asshole?

Have you paid any attention to anything he's ever posted on this board other than his pictures? He's always been a smart-arsed cunt. Which is arguably worse as he's such a handsome swine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2009, 12:58 AM   #225
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
I've always thought he was a smart and interesting writer. I don't get why peopel write him off. He was sort of pompous and assholish, but people on this site fucking read PITCHFORK and therefore have no right to complain about that.
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2009, 01:03 AM   #226
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Have you paid any attention to anything he's ever posted on this board other than his pictures? He's always been a smart-arsed cunt. Which is arguably worse as he's such a handsome swine.
handsome smartass swine he is indeed. i love it.
91011 12
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth