Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Do you have any phobias?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.16.2008, 02:28 AM   #41
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ✌➬
Yes, people always say I am rude when I don't speak to them. The most I get from people is that I am weird, for liking different things. But yeah they always say I have anti-social behavior which isn't true, I am just not interested in talking to them.
a lot of people aren't very interesting, you're right. most people can't accept the fact that they're boring. i admit that i'm boring. i don't know how anyone can possibly find it even remotely interesting speaking with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash
i was scared of the dark to the extreme as a child of 4 or 5.. a lot of kids are, but it was pretty extreme for me for a while. my bed time routine consisted of pulling back the blankets on my bed just right for quick entry and then going over to to the light switch with my arm stretched out so i was as close to bed as possible. i would flip the switch and sprint the 10 feet to my bed and dive for it, in one fluid motion pulling the blankets up to my chin. i was convinced they would protect me from whatever was out there... i never carried around a security blanket or anything.... but if there was a storm at night i had to keep telling myself that the force field of the blankets extended over my face with the magical help of the pillow under my head.

i guess more of a silly superstition a young child would dream up than a real phobia.....
i used to do exactly that when i was small.
Old 03.16.2008, 02:29 AM   #42
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
I see, I am still afraid of it, especially if there are shadows.

edit- I always feel those shadows are staring at me, I just have this fear of someone staring at me. Or following me.
Old 03.16.2008, 02:30 AM   #43
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
i'm horribly scared of spiders and headwounds.

elevators freak me out.
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2008, 02:33 AM   #44
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Spiders!

Most people are afraid of death and public speaking. I'm not afraid of the latter, but, I don't like stepping up among a group of people to speak/lead them. Not a leader, what can I say???????
Old 03.16.2008, 02:35 AM   #45
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
i'm not afraid of death or public speaking, but i will make the wife come home from work to kill a spider.

no squashing either. it has to be a wet paper towel... one must grab the spider and squash within the paper towel. i don't want any loose legs anywhere.
Old 03.16.2008, 02:36 AM   #46
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i thought of one. an irrational, stupid one. there's probably a medical term for it.

i'm very afraid of speaking with people i don't know or don't know well. i will go out of my way to avoid having a conversation with someone i don't know on the street or at a party/event and i keep my head down and walk quickly. i keep my headphones on when i'm on the subway (unless i'm with someone i DO know in which case i'll be happy to talk with them), i don't talk to cab drivers, etc etc. really, i can't do it.

i'm actually the exact opposite... i'm pretty confident, bordering on bold with total strangers... a cab driver for example (if he/she's chatty) i might ask about his family or if he (i haven't been in ny in a while, but they're still mostly guys, right?) seems even vaguely interested, i might confide in him a relationship problem... the subconcious process i guess being that i'll most likely never see this person ever again, and probably not even any of the people they know.

as i becomefriends with someone, and the closer i get, the more guarded i get with what i say around them... never to the point of being nervous... but just in the back of my head thinking ... they're going to remember what i say and call me on it for the next week if say something incredibly stupid or goofy.

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2008, 02:38 AM   #47
girlgun
invito al cielo

Quote:
i'm actually the exact opposite... i'm pretty confident, bordering on bold with total strangers... a cab driver for example (if he/she's chatty) i might ask about his family or if he (i haven't been in ny in a while, but they're still mostly guys, right?) seems even vaguely interested, i might confide in him a relationship problem... the subconcious process i guess being that i'll most likely never see this person ever again, and probably not even any of the people they know.

as i becomefriends with someone, and the closer i get, the more guarded i get with what i say around them... never to the point of being nervous... but just in the back of my head thinking ... they're going to remember what i say and call me on it for the next week if say something incredibly stupid or goofy.

odd. i'm a bit like that, but i just am a master small talker. never personal, but i will strike up a convo with anyone anywhere.
Old 03.16.2008, 02:40 AM   #48
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

oh god i cannot STAND it when people are chatty like that around me. i just want them all to go away. it's so horrible when someone successfully starts talking to me and i can't avoid it any more. i want to just disappear.
Old 03.16.2008, 02:46 AM   #49
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
i'm not afraid of death or public speaking, but i will make the wife come home from work to kill a spider.

no squashing either. it has to be a wet paper towel... one must grab the spider and squash within the paper towel. i don't want any loose legs anywhere.

aaaw. they kill the other bugs for me and are always welcome in my home, the only rule being that they never try to get in my bed or my bathtub... at least not when i'm around. other than we're just cool like that.

if a particularly large one seems to think this might be his place and starts hanging out on the kitchen counter, i'll take a drinking glass and drop it over them, then slide a postcard under and take the little guy to a nice place out of doors with lots of food.

Old 03.16.2008, 02:52 AM   #50
girlgun
invito al cielo

Quote:
aaaw. they kill the other bugs for me and are always welcome in my home, the only rule being that they never try to get in my bed or my bathtub... at least not when i'm around. other than we're just cool like that.

if a particularly large one seems to think this might be his place and starts hanging out on the kitchen counter, i'll take a drinking glass and drop it over them, then slide a postcard under and take the little guy to a nice place out of doors with lots of food.

fuck that. fuck that! fuck that fuck that fuck that. sick sick sick.
Old 03.16.2008, 02:53 AM   #51
girlgun
invito al cielo

i have spy-dar. i can sense when there is a spider in the vicinity. a blessing and a curse (oh sigh... that album. damn stupid fuckers).
Old 03.16.2008, 02:56 AM   #52
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Not being able to breathe properly, like an asthma attack, lung cancer etc.

Talking with people I don't want to talk with. I'll happily talk with about 3 people that I'm good friends with, but other people don't understand that I don't want to talk with them: "Why don't you talk much?" "Why are you so quiet" etc.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2008, 02:57 AM   #53
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death & the Maiden
Not being able to breathe properly, like an asthma attack, lung cancer etc.

Talking with people I don't want to talk with. I'll happily talk with about 3 people that I'm good friends with, but other people don't understand that I don't want to talk with them: "Why don't you talk much?" "Why are you so quiet" etc.
oh finally someone sympathizes a bit?
Old 03.16.2008, 03:05 AM   #54
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

Quote:
odd. i'm a bit like that, but i just am a master small talker. never personal, but i will strike up a convo with anyone anywhere.

i never thought of it as odd... and at's not necessarily always personal. i have been told i have the gift of gab.

but it mostly just boils down to the fact that i honestly don't give a rats ass whether a cabbie or random person at a bar i rarely if ever go to calls me an idiot or a faggot or a wacko... or if he goes home and tells his wife the wierdest dude ever got in his cab today.

but if someone i've built any amount of mutual respect with/for ... if they outright laugh at something i say (not with me at something i say) ...yeah, it stings a little.

Old 03.16.2008, 03:06 AM   #55
girlgun
invito al cielo

Quote:
i never thought of it as odd... and at's not necessarily always personal. i have been told i have the gift of gab.

but it mostly just boils down to the fact that i honestly don't give a rats ass whether a cabbie or random person at a bar i rarely if ever go to calls me an idiot or a faggot or a wacko... or if he goes home and tells his wife the wierdest dude ever got in his cab today.

but if someone i've built any amount of mutual respect with/for ... if they outright laugh at something i say (not with me at something i say) ...yeah, it stings a little.

I get you. totally.
Old 03.16.2008, 03:07 AM   #56
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

it's not that i care what they're saying about me. that's not the problem. i'm just shy to the point of fear. i've been this way since i can remember. i just don't take very well to unfamiliar people. i have like a mental block or something.
Old 03.16.2008, 03:12 AM   #57
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

Quote:
fuck that. fuck that! fuck that fuck that fuck that. sick sick sick.

i grew up on a farm.... potato beetles and japanese beetles damage crops and should be picked off the plants and killed in ammonia. spiders and bees and ladybugs and such are on our side against the others and should be encouraged and treated respectfully.

Old 03.16.2008, 03:13 AM   #58
girlgun
invito al cielo

Quote:
i grew up on a farm.... potato beetles and japanese beetles damage crops and should be picked off the plants and killed in ammonia. spiders and bees and ladybugs and such are on our side against the others and should be encouraged and treated respectfully.

whatEVAH. i hate spiders due to the fact that i'd wake up with fiddlebacks in my bed or floating up next to me in the bathtub. NO WAY NO HOW!

you crazee.
Old 03.16.2008, 03:16 AM   #59
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

i freak out so bad if i see a centipede. those things scare the fucking shit out of me.
oh god, THOSE make me stomp my feet and flail. and i'm fucking terrified of praying manti.
Old 03.16.2008, 03:34 AM   #60
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

okay, now centipedes are creepy. but a big factor in my respect for spiders is that one time when i was no older than 3, my dad took me down in the basement and showed me a fly that had just landed in a spiders web. he explained to me that flies make food go bad and spiders eat them for lunch. we watched the fly trying to get away while the spider came in for the kill. then it wrapped it up in silk. my dad said that the spider doesn't want it's food to go bad and wraps it up to save it for later. it was like watching irl national geo.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth