Reload this Page Petition to add a second NY date, or move to a larger venue
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.05.2006, 10:02 AM   #21
GrumpyOldMan
empty page

GrumpyOldMan has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantophobia
the funny thing is i thought i had an amazing chance, you can skip typing in all that info if you have your card number set up with your billing info and address, but even then it took two minutes for the page to load, and when i clicked on the icon it took another two minutes until i found out they were all gone
Haha. The exact same thing happened to me.
GrumpyOldMan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 10:03 AM   #22
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
I'm sure there will be other New York dates. That isn't my concern. But seeing Sonic Youth at CBGB's would have been insane. It's just annoying to have been shafted by a website's processing errors.
amerikangod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 10:06 AM   #23
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
i'll sign it, but i don't doubt they'll be playing another show in nyc... probably even more than one.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 10:09 AM   #24
mikec
bad moon rising

mikec has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
eh, a petition gets you nowhere since they'll probably play nyc again in another 8 months.
mikec is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 10:24 AM   #25
Kannibal
children of satan

Kannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's asses
signing my vote.
Kannibal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 11:01 AM   #26
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
What a lame-ass position. Get a fucking Minnesota date greedy NY bastards.
Old 05.05.2006, 11:37 AM   #27
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantophobia
i am starting a petition, to have Sonic Youth add a second NYC date or move the CBGBs show to a much larger venue
thanks

If you're in Maryland, I'm sure you're seeing them in DC, right? That's not so bad...
Old 05.05.2006, 02:07 PM   #28
crappydrummer
little trouble girl

crappydrummer is a splendid one to beholdcrappydrummer is a splendid one to beholdcrappydrummer is a splendid one to beholdcrappydrummer is a splendid one to beholdcrappydrummer is a splendid one to beholdcrappydrummer is a splendid one to beholdcrappydrummer is a splendid one to beholdcrappydrummer is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
yesterday Pearl Jam played a short set at the Ed Sullivan Theatre after their Letterman appearance..makes me wonder where Sonic Youth were during all of this.
I haven't watched this yet, but Dave kept referring to a "webcast" (& erroneously, albeit jokingly, to a "podcast" for the show, so I found the link
http://www.cbs.com/latenight/latesho..._on_letterman/

holy shit. i enjoy new pearl jam songs. after the riot act it was the last thing i expected.
crappydrummer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 02:12 PM   #29
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
yesterday Pearl Jam played a short set at the Ed Sullivan Theatre after their Letterman appearance..makes me wonder where Sonic Youth were during all of this.
I haven't watched this yet, but Dave kept referring to a "webcast" (& erroneously, albeit jokingly, to a "podcast" for the show, so I found the link
http://www.cbs.com/latenight/latesho..._on_letterman/

THANK YOU MAN!!!!!!!
Old 05.05.2006, 02:28 PM   #30
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
point taken (speaking for the threadstarter and myself). i will say that in the time that has elapsed from this thread's creation till now, tempers have simmered down and things put in perspective. margaritas have helped.

"Life doesn't end because you can't see a single show (especially since SY's setlists are not very variable.)."

that's a good point, too. it was more the novelty of the ny show. oh well. anyone here who goes owes the rest of us great detailed reviews though, hahaha.

the thread was not started to complain about one or two people's shitty luck, it was inspired by the numerous posts by disgruntled fans. that's all. trust me, personal scorn didn't enter the equation, we're not 15 years old.
jennthebenn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2006, 03:05 PM   #31
logcabinrecluse
bad moon rising

logcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asseslogcabinrecluse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssBlaster
I'm in the "quit whining" department.

I'm sorry you wanted tickets and didn't get them.

I'm sorry that means you won't get to see them in NYC and will have to settle for the 9:30 show.

It's not really that bad. This is similar to in 2000 when Phish played NYC, they decided to play their first two shows of the tour at RCMH with an even smaller third date to be televised on VH1 at Roseland. At this point, Phish was selling out MSG (at a staggering 20,000 + capacity) in less than 10 minutes. Tickets for Madison Square Garden shows were always a tough ticket....playing a series of small theatres...was...well staggering.

Nobody complained, and I lucked out and got tickets. And it was WELL WORTH IT. I'm so glad I got to see phish play in the small venues again. Sure these places hold more than the places sy plays even now, but Phish has infinitely more fans. If I hadn't gotten to see phish at RCMH, I would have just seen them at other dates on that tour (and I did...I saw like 10 shows that summer)...and gotten over it.

Life doesn't end because you can't see a single show (especially since SY's setlists are not very variable.).

Just my thoughts. Sorry you didn't get tickets.

I guess I would put myself in the "quit whining" department as well. On the other hand, I can definitely sympathize with being generally upset to miss a rad show. Plus I recall getting more upset about these things when I was younger, could not drive, and did not have the time or money to follow a band around for ten shows.
Old 05.05.2006, 07:12 PM   #32
funhouse
little trouble girl

funhouse ain't too shabbyfunhouse ain't too shabby
ill sign im pretty disppointed that i didnt get tickets, it would have been my first time seeing sonic youth, and for some reason it seems like no one got tickets. oh well ill find away to go.
funhouse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2006, 12:26 AM   #33
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
there's a silver lining in every cloud...we're getting tix to see cat power instead in nyc on the 10th. maybe a horrifying prospect to some of you, but losing out on seeing sy in a small historic club packed with industry folks is worth it to be in ny for the weekend before, seeing a good show and hanging out with friends. can't say either pantophobia or myself feel the same way over not getting tickets as we did this morning.

also, i've seen cat power 5 times before. i have seen her completely break down and i've also seen her be absolutely mesmerizing. i know the horror stories. check out the recent footage from this tour and you'll see why we're actually excited about seeing her a 6th time. she actually seems to be enjoying herself, dancing for christ's sake.
jennthebenn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2006, 01:49 AM   #34
tremspeed
empty page

tremspeed kicks all y'all's assestremspeed kicks all y'all's assestremspeed kicks all y'all's assestremspeed kicks all y'all's assestremspeed kicks all y'all's assestremspeed kicks all y'all's assestremspeed kicks all y'all's assestremspeed kicks all y'all's assestremspeed kicks all y'all's assestremspeed kicks all y'all's assestremspeed kicks all y'all's asses
i saw them at maxwells last year. i dont think the world is going to end because i wont see them at cbgbs. its more the gayness factor jacked up by selling less than 200 tix to your only hometown date. i mean, plenty of people on here wound up at maxwells. will any wind up at cbs?
tremspeed is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2006, 10:45 AM   #35
shredded fish
empty page

shredded fish has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssBlaster
It's not really that bad. This is similar to in 2000 when Phish played NYC, they decided to play their first two shows of the tour at RCMH with an even smaller third date to be televised on VH1 at Roseland.

Haha. You compared Radio City Music Hall (capacity 6,000) to CBGB (capacity 300).
shredded fish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.06.2006, 11:38 AM   #36
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Might not be such a bad comparison. Radio City is 20 times the size of CBGB, and Phish can probably sell about 20 times as many tickets as Sonic Youth. Proportionately, it's probably the same.
Magic Wheel Memory is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth