Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Special NWW What's This Called? 4/19/08!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.18.2008, 08:45 PM   #1
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
This week on What's This Called? with your host Ricardo Wang for Saturday, April 19th 2008 from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time (that's 8-9 PM for listeners in London, England!) on KPSU we have a special Pledge Drive edition featuring music and an amazing prize from Nurse With Wound!

WTC's incredibly wonderful and psychedelic underwriter Beta-lactam Ring Records has been kind enough to offer the ultimate "Thank You Gift" for the first soul with enough intestinal fortitude to dial (503) 725-5945 and claim it with a meager $35 pledge to support free-form student managed radio...

A Nurse With Wound "Images / Zero Mix" Book, 2CD Box signed by none other than Stephen Stapleton himself!

STREAMING ROCK'N ROLL STATION RIGHT HERE!

Or for those closer by using old fashioned whirly dial things:

1450 AM in the Portland OR/Vancouver WA metro area
98.1 FM on the Portland State University campus

In addition to a few choice cuts from NWW, we'll hit you with material from such WTC stalwarts as Sun Ra, Metal, Eet, Legendary Pink Dots, and Earthmonkey. A show, and an opportunity, not to be missed!

Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2008, 01:41 PM   #2
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Show Streaming Live in 20 Minutes!
Old 04.19.2008, 11:34 PM   #3
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

So, I had three different people jump at the chance to get $75 gift cards to the Beta-lactam Ring Records Online Catalog for a pledge of just $25 to support KPSU and What's This Called?. However, I was rather surprised when one of those three people called during the following show and told me he wanted to give back the Thank You gift, so that I might use it to entice another person to pledge. Apparently having a daytime free-form experimental music program online was reason enough for him to pledge, and he wanted me to put the prize towards somebody who was still sitting on the fence. Coul that be you?? I'm extending the offer for another 24 hours - just send me a private message via this board saying that you want to make a $25 pledge and receive the $75 gift card, and it's yours. That simple. (First come, only served, of course...)

Now on to other important matters.

Playlist for What's This Called? with your host Ricardo Wang for Saturday, April 19th, 2008 from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time on KPSU.

DOWNLOAD AS MP3 OR PLAY STREAM HERE!

1450 AM
in the Portland OR/Vancouver WA metro area
98.1 FM on the Portland State University campus

Artist -Song/Track - Album - Recording Label

Nurse With Wound - "Beetle Crawls Across My Back" - Fifty Years of Sunshine - Silent Records
Earthmonkey - "Steal Abduction Suite" - Audiosapien - Beta-lactam Ring Records
Metal - "Plateau" - Fearful - Artistery Records
Sun Ra - "The World of the Invisible" - Cymbals - Evidence
Daniel Menche - "Alive - between - Accleration" - Precipitation - Partial
Autechre - "The Pic" - Quaristice - Warp
Nurse With Wound - "Nana or a Thing of Uncertain Nonsense" - The Elephant Table Album - XTract
Legendary Pink Dots - "Guess the Politician" - Ancient Daze - Beta-lactam Ring Records
Christian Marclay - "1930" - Records - Atavistic
Rebecca Moore - "Forest at Night" - Home Wreckordings 1997-1999 - Knitting Factory Records

Old 04.19.2008, 11:54 PM   #4
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Ive only listened to your radio show a few times but ive enjoyed it alot mr Air, keep doing it, it sounds sincere and passionate and a force for good

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2008, 12:47 AM   #5
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Ive only listened to your radio show a few times but ive enjoyed it alot mr Air, keep doing it, it sounds sincere and passionate and a force for good

Thanks! I've been doing this particular show since 1993 (and radio before that since 1985!), so I'm not likely to stop anytime soon.
Old 04.20.2008, 10:13 PM   #6
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

If anybody tried to download the show and couldn't get to our Archive, they fixed it now.
Old 04.21.2008, 03:29 AM   #7
sarramkrop

Cool, I always enjoy listening to your show. A proper labour of love.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth