Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.22.2014, 07:46 PM   #4761
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
well they both speak the same language so i do have a real hope for a highly illegal but reasonable agreement from both *cough* parties *cough*.

that was my expectation from day 1, remember? ha ha ha ha.
You did say that, yes, lets ALL hope it comes true..

Quote:

let's see what cheeto sez about the USA passes now.

FUCKING EXACTLY! I think Portugal also just showed how great Ghana's defensive pressure is.. we played much more fluid, even with typical USA mistakes.. its almost like they fucking DARED us.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2014, 08:10 PM   #4762
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
FUCKING EXACTLY! I think Portugal also just showed how great Ghana's defensive pressure is.. we played much more fluid, even with typical USA mistakes.. its almost like they fucking DARED us.

---

Portugal is Portugal for a reason, USA can be very fucking pleased with our play, we held up for a loooooooooong time in this match, and drawing was as good as winning considering we knew Portugal would play for it all since they were facing elimination.

It was a great game to watch but very messy. Lots of mistakes from both teams. When Portugal went behind it was inevitable they'd start to pile the pressure on but they were relatively sedate until then. That's why it was frustrating to see how cautious Klinsmann was in the first half.

Whatever happens to the US after this, Dempsey's had a fantastic world cup so far. Definitely one of the stand out players of the group stages.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2014, 08:14 PM   #4763
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
now with a cooler head i will take a moment to protest the horrid american habit of raffling the ball from the goal kick.

most civilized teams have learned to come out playing-- it's what portugal did, probably because they treasured the chance of having the ball.

if we were ahead-- why didn't we protect possession instead of throwing the ball to whoever might catch it? that was terrible i thought. we need to learn to come out playing. it was done early in the game but by the end there was i guess the blind superstition that just because you throw the ball away 50 meters you are safe from danger.

that, not bradley losing the ball or cameron failing to defend, was our big problem near the end.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2014, 08:19 PM   #4764
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
You're both right, but actually I'm impressed how how much less to USA use that "CONCACAF lob" and I was also very surprised to see it tonight towards the end, I agree with was reckless.

However, the mistakes were typical USA mistakes, and we more or less overcame them. Could we have played better? I think Portugal could have played better, but USA played about as great as you're going to see. Lets be honest, Portugal got very lucky there in injury time, had US pulled off a 2-1 upset we'd be the heroes of this Cup. The ball bounces that way sometimes..

Old 06.22.2014, 08:58 PM   #4765
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

most civilized teams have learned to come out playing-- it's what portugal did, probably because they treasured the chance of having the ball.

if we were ahead-- why didn't we protect possession instead of throwing the ball to whoever might catch it?

They don't protect it because they know in their own half they're more vulnerable with the ball than without it. That's not to knock the likes of Cameron but if USA started to play like that I'd be worried about the chances of him losing it in dangerous areas. Your strength is your fitness and organisation which I think Klinsmann was right to emphasise over more creative areas which are probably your weakness.
Old 06.22.2014, 09:05 PM   #4766
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
They don't protect it because they know in their own half they're more vulnerable with the ball than without it. That's not to knock the likes of Cameron but if USA started to play like that I'd be worried about the chances of him losing it in dangerous areas. Your strength is your fitness and organisation which I think Klinsmann was right to emphasise over more creative areas which are probably your weakness.

Agreed, its why I think Klinsmann as been careful to add some new things but also keep a few things exactly the same. This team needs to play to its strengths and do its best to hide its weaknesses..

If folks told me a month ago USA would have 4 points against Ghana and Portugal while possessing the differential lead I would have been ecstatic. This draw only stings because we were up so long and had a win in our pockets. But if there is one thing USA futbol has demonstrated, its that it isn't over until its over, win OR lose..

I was nervous about Ghana and concerned about Portugal and afraid of Germany. However, looking at how we performed against what was clearly a good Ghanian team and how Germany clearly benefited from a slighter weaker than expected Portugal and then faltered a bit against Ghana I'd say I'm no longer even afraid of Germany, just concerned again as I was going into Portugal tonight.

USA can actually win this, surprisingly, though not likely, but in the World Cup to even have the chance is pretty good.

Old 06.22.2014, 09:09 PM   #4767
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

maybe, but i thought usa passed very well today. cameron's fuckup was a bad clearance mid-air, not passing with ball stopped. at least move a bit up the midfield and raffle in the last third.

i thought the u.s. came out great through the flanks today--johnson and zusi were fantastic, as were damarcus and clint. if anything, the middle with bradley in it was the weak point, and raffling it in the middle is exactly how the last goal happened. tuff titty.
Old 06.22.2014, 09:13 PM   #4768
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Beasley and Zusi's Pat Riley looking a$$ were lights out. In fact, that entire game changed when Zusi went out towards the end, and Beasely's attack was as fast as its ever been catching Portugal off guard..

Old 06.23.2014, 02:19 AM   #4769
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Just remind everyone in the FF that you can choose your next starting XI for round 3.

Frustrating that we can't see each other's squads:

Here's my final xi for the last round

GK Valladares 4
DF Rojo 13
DF Blind 5
DF Alderweirel 10
DF Evra 5
DF Medjani 5
MF Valbuena 11
MF Di Maria 8
MF De Bruyne 5
FW Neymar 7
FW (C) Benzemar 32
Old 06.23.2014, 02:23 AM   #4770
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Well played USA!

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2014, 03:51 AM   #4771
Cindy'sBigScore
empty page

Cindy'sBigScore kicks all y'all's assesCindy'sBigScore kicks all y'all's assesCindy'sBigScore kicks all y'all's assesCindy'sBigScore kicks all y'all's assesCindy'sBigScore kicks all y'all's assesCindy'sBigScore kicks all y'all's assesCindy'sBigScore kicks all y'all's assesCindy'sBigScore kicks all y'all's assesCindy'sBigScore kicks all y'all's assesCindy'sBigScore kicks all y'all's assesCindy'sBigScore kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Well played USA!

I agree, they did well to end that game in a draw. looks like portugal are in trouble too.

also, i'm betting on belgium winning it. you guys?
~
also, i'm new. hi.
Cindy'sBigScore is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2014, 07:55 AM   #4772
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i know we still look good on points, but here it felt like a defeat. "portugal beats usa 2-2".

---

my team last round

gk / buffon 7
df / abate 4 chiellini 10 ramos 8
mf / hazard© 16(8), oscar 5, di maria 8, de bruyne 5
fw / fred, higuain, aguero, 4 each

big misses: i meant to put in halliche for abate before the algeria game. halliche scored 11! my top scorer sat on the bench.
Old 06.23.2014, 10:05 AM   #4773
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Night and Day from Ghana match. USA played exciting attacking football, controlling the ball well except for the death at the end there, but we owe a TON of this tie to our Keeper. Without Howard the USA would have been beat by two goals.

Let us hope this style of play continues against the mighty Germany.
Old 06.23.2014, 10:42 AM   #4774
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy'sBigScore
I i'm betting on belgium winning it. you guys?

I only saw the first Belgium game but they seem to have the same problem as Argentina. Top class individuals but not really gelling yet as a team. Brazil seem too reliant on Neymar who I just don't think is a good enough player yet to take them all the way. Messi, even at 80%, and with a team that isn't quite clicking, is good enough to do that. But that's maybe my heart talking. My head says it'll probably be Germany.
Old 06.23.2014, 11:55 AM   #4775
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

going bananas trying to watch 2 games at the same time

chile netherlands is definitely the fun one, but i'm curious about spain's changes and what this may bode for their future.
Old 06.23.2014, 12:23 PM   #4776
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

alexis today ON FIRE!!!

--

damn. good goal from netherlands. it was coming. but i'm enjoying watching chile more.

--

god damn chicken man! he's so good...
Old 06.23.2014, 12:53 PM   #4777
Cunt
bad moon rising

Cunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's asses
de vergüenza lo del marqués. una más...
Cunt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2014, 12:56 PM   #4778
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Chile Holland was a great game. The score flattered Holland a bit but they probably deserved the win. Robben's on fire right now.
Old 06.23.2014, 01:02 PM   #4779
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt
de vergüenza lo del marqués. una más...

¿qué hizo ahora?

Quote:
Chile Holland was a great game. The score flattered Holland a bit but they probably deserved the win. Robben's on fire right now.

espn has ruud van nilsterooy on the commentators and he's been spot-on with his observations since i've heard them. few words but good ones. a real pleasure.

to him chile lost by taking a midfielder to put in an attacker. they lost the midfield and enabled netherlands to regroup. he's absolutely right. sampaoli rushed it.

however-- netherlands was ahead on goal difference so maybe he thought it was worth the gamble.
Old 06.23.2014, 01:15 PM   #4780
demonrail666
invito al cielo

He may well be right. It was a fascinating match up. I loved watching Chile in the first half then, in the 2nd half seeing Robben grow into the game and ultimately, I think, being the deciding factor between them.

I didn't see the Spain game at all. It must've felt like a wake.
189229236237238 239 240241242249289339 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth