Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page FUCK!! My fucking iPod took a shit!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.20.2010, 04:57 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
arg...

I hate to seem so materialistic, but this truly breaks my heart, almost to tears to be honest. I have a four hour commute on buses and light rail for work, somtimes 5 hours if a bus is late

The buttons don't work at all, it doesn't turn off, it doesn't respond at all to speak of, just plays and plays assumingly until the battery dies later today.. I don't know what to do

I can't cope with LA public transportation without constant music, I will literally kill a mother fucker.

some asshole just walked up to me today, said, "so yr celebrating the holiday today?" I thought he was going to joke about toking or something, he continued, "yeah, it is the birthday of our most honored leader."

I said, "dude just get the fuck out of my face with that shit."

he said, "I thought you would agree, being white and all, I mean our country has gone to shit, they were the best leaders (nazis) and we should go by their example... "

I interrupted him saying kindly, "no, our country has gone to shit because of assholes like you, now why don't you go tell this story to those black guys over there.."
he got nervous and ran off, but honestly, if I did not have sweet and soothing, loving conscious music flowing in me right ear as this motherfucker got in my left ear with that bullshit, I might have had to sock that fucker in the lip and get in a worse situation than a positive, hopeful christian such as myself needs to be in..

this is a disaster.. any help? Im going to go crazy this week! shit this month I don't have any scrilla scratch paper for repairs or replacement

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2010, 05:00 PM   #2
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah I was freaking when my filled 160 gig shit the bed on me.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2010, 05:03 PM   #3
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Take a CD walkman and load up a fresh CD-R of the new Deftones!
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2010, 05:05 PM   #4
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I will literally kill a mother fucker.

Old 04.20.2010, 05:10 PM   #5
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedrex

laugh all you want, I run into all kinds of trouble on the metro and having music really keeps shit cool and mellow in my head, without it my temper will fly..

I am going to try to get this thing serviced, but it will obviously take weeks months years blah blah woof woof

Old 04.20.2010, 05:15 PM   #6
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Cold restart it - take batteries out, maybe rub them a bit, count to ten, put back in. Also, if you can get underneath the casing (I don't have an I-pod, this is generic small device advice), try doing that, cleaning all the contacts. It sounds like it still works but there might be an interruption to the contact circuit.

Some cold restarts re-affirm factory settings (I think this is the case with the I-phone) - so don't blame me if you lose things (though I assume it's still on the computer).

Next lesson - DO NOT trust Apple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2010, 05:18 PM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
While we're on this subject, does anyone in the Rasta community care about Apple prefacing their lines with 'I-'? I-man has wondered this for a while.

I'm not taking the piss either, it's niggled at me for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2010, 05:52 PM   #8
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
While we're on this subject, does anyone in the Rasta community care about Apple prefacing their lines with 'I-'? I-man has wondered this for a while.

I'm not taking the piss either, it's niggled at me for a while.

actually, yes-i. we rastafari community did in fact notice that..

I also believe it is contacts, but they don't make these things easily DIY repairable like CD players and computers. Essentially I have to send it in, I called all the local service spots and they said its too new, I have to go to Apple. Its no under warranty anymore so I have to go to an Apple Store to get the ball rolling on getting it repaired or whatever..

(by the way, I'm a little on edge today, after that nazi fucker another old friend ran into me and tapped my shoulder to say, "bro, I have been looking for you for a minute. I need so-and-so's number, you know Robert (yes, he was a cool friend of mine I aint seen in about a year), he OD'd, yeah the homie found his body in the park this weekend." He joined that 27 club with booze and pills

so maybe its less the iPod then other drama, or perhaps the iPod and the drama have compounded into full fledged heartbreak. I usually cope with death very very well, in fact I usually console folks with out any tears to speak of, but the combination of walking home in the rain, the extra hour to my already ridiculous commute, my consoling iPod taking a shit, and hearing randomly of the death of an old friend, well, this is a fucked up day

allah akbhar.. what else can be said?

Old 04.20.2010, 05:53 PM   #9
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I cannot believe that I sold my iPod less than a week ago. sorry my friend.
Old 04.20.2010, 06:13 PM   #10
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
sorry my friend.

RIP the homie Robert 1983-2010

Igziar Nefas Yimareh. (May God Bless His Soul)

Old 04.20.2010, 06:31 PM   #11
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
who's Robert?
Old 04.20.2010, 06:38 PM   #12
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
probably resolved by now.... but I think you have to let the battery die. Mine locked up the other day and wouldn't respond to anything (including numerous violent shakings)... just let the battery die, recharge then restart. Hopefully you'll only endure the absence of it one day

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2010, 06:40 PM   #13
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
press and hold the sleep/wake button and home button for ten seconds and it will do a hard reset
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2010, 06:48 PM   #14
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
press and hold the sleep/wake button and home button for ten seconds and it will do a hard reset

sometimes, that shit just doesn't work. Also, on a silly side note, might wanna make sure you didn't accidently slide the little "lock" switch on.

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2010, 06:50 PM   #15
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
^^^ yeah what he said..

did you accidentlly slide the hold button over??

hold both middle and top buttons down for 10 secs if not. cold resets won't take you back to the factory settings. hard ones will.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2010, 07:08 PM   #16
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by space

hold both middle and top buttons down for 10 secs if not. cold resets won't take you back to the factory settings. hard ones will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshChops
probably resolved by now.... but I think you have to let the battery die. Mine locked up the other day and wouldn't respond to anything (including numerous violent shakings)... just let the battery die, recharge then restart. Hopefully you'll only endure the absence of it one day

Thanks. this is why I brought this problem here.. I will try these efforts along with other research into getting the thing properly repaired. I can endure the absence with zen and love (or at least I will try one way or the other), its the limbo of indecision as to the final outcome and next move that is frustrating a bit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
who's Robert?

my friend who OD'd this weekend. When I started to walk away from the bus stop an old friend jumped off a bus and ran up, tapped my shoulder to tell me about another friend of mine who passed away saturday.. it was a bizarrely random thing and took me by surprise and hit me a little harsher. I've come to terms, and the flash of grief is why I was so silly bout this iPod thing hence much of this thread. I've come more to terms with this passing, after mellowing out I do rather well with death and grieving. God Bless His Soul..

I will take care of the iPod another day.

Old 04.20.2010, 07:12 PM   #17
noisereductions
invito al cielo

fuck I"m sorry bro.
Old 04.20.2010, 07:26 PM   #18
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
plugging it into iTunes might also solve yr problem.

although I'm highly reliant upon it, apple HARDwearz iz teh suck.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2010, 07:30 PM   #19
noisereductions
invito al cielo

suchfriendz, does yr phone do mp3's? I ended up using my phone for an mp3 player which is why I got rid of my pod.
Old 04.21.2010, 08:00 AM   #20
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Go buy an old fashioned shuffle. I love mine. I washed it in the washing machine 6 months after I got it. It was in my husband's back pocket. I was so enraged that I smashed it down onto the concrete. A week later I tried to charge it with a vague hope of it working, and it has worked perfectly since. Going on 2 years now.

I have had to restore mine in the past with this program ipod utility I think. I am not a computer geek , but it worked when mine was "not a recognized device" on itunes.

I understand, I cannot exercise without the pod. Escpecially at the gym. Music is a necessity.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth