Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page lost my jerb because of a cunt
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.18.2013, 09:54 AM   #21
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
but you need knowledge that shows you how to function in that "wrong world" so you can eat and not freeze and live long enough to write your memoirs some day.

This is true more or less, only those supernatural freaks like Dr. Gonzo can pull it off, too weird to live, too rare to die, God's own prototypes, some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production..

Quote:
people still make money during recessions (e.g., potato growers thrive while yatch makers suffer).

Unfortunately the entirely wrong kind of people are making unimaginable sums of money, while too many of the right kind of peoples' ships are sinking fast.

On a side note, I don't understand the British term "cunt" as an insult. I mean, I understand what is implied and what are the connotations, but unless your a total fag I just don't get how calling someone or something a vagina is insulting. I mean, vaginas are both fun and a fucking miracle of life, how is that insulting? Then again, British humor is generally beyond me.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2013, 10:25 AM   #22
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Wanker is used as an insult even tho everyone wanks. It doesn't mean that you actually masturbate, even tho thats what it literally means.

You can call men cunts and twats even tho they arent fenale and the insult doesnt mean they are or have female genitals.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2013, 01:57 PM   #23
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
No sorry. Mints make money, everyone else just tries to get it
Old 10.18.2013, 02:00 PM   #24
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

And that speech is idiotic
Old 10.18.2013, 02:02 PM   #25
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trama
There's nothing irrational about it, it's that there's a difference between “dreamers” and “doers”. “Dreamers” don't make any money. “Doers” understand that it's fuck or walk. “Doers” make money.

Yes, but that is the catch, folks who dream find value, depth, and meaning in their lives, whereas plenty of folks have stacked up money into the seven and eight figures and yet find themselves less fulfilled than when they were children. There is a Scripture about this, "Unless you become as little children, you will by no means enter into the Kingdom of God." In other words, life can only be fulfilled if we preserve our child-like sense of awe, bewilderment, and sincere dreaming (not to be confused with fantasies). If we are dense, boring, and concerned solely with our "adult responsibilities" then all we will get out of this life is hemorrhoids and heart disease

Old 10.18.2013, 02:34 PM   #26
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Bill Watterson weighed in on this in comic form.
http://m.imgur.com/r/pics/66DxiHX
Old 10.18.2013, 02:40 PM   #27
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
No sorry. Mints make money, everyone else just tries to get it

nah, the mints "codify" the value created by the doers. print too much money and inflation ensues because the coin is overvalued. like water seeking its level.

ultimately you don't need money. money is just a language. what you want is food, shelter, clothing, health, enjoyment and some peace and dignity.

but money is a facilitator for those exchanges. i'm not going to carry a goat on my back looking for a mechanic that will take it to repair my car.

i remember the time when my humanities knowledge was all about denying money on the basis of moral superiority until i realized (painfully and first-hand) that the lack of money can be a major opening for degradation and depravity.

today, money just bought me a nice fucking lunch.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2013, 02:59 PM   #28
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
n

ultimately you don't need money. money is just a language. what you want is food, shelter, clothing, health, enjoyment and some peace and dignity.

and big bootie Mexican girls.
Old 10.18.2013, 03:10 PM   #29
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

I remember when I worked out that there is zero value in everything
Old 10.18.2013, 03:30 PM   #30
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
that the lack of money can be a major opening for degradation and depravity.

Yes, but unfortunately in many instances, the exact same is true in the pursuit of money isn't it? This is the internal conundrum of the ascetic, to seek the balance between necessity and the meaningful life.

Old 10.18.2013, 06:49 PM   #31
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
people still make money during recessions (e.g., potato growers thrive while yatch makers suffer).

i've heard some irish potato farming jokes that make that seem like an unsure job at best
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2013, 09:03 PM   #32
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

Fucking capitalism

The GOP approach to unemployment

Old 10.21.2013, 12:39 PM   #33
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
I would like to have a somewhat decent "zombie job", but can't seem to get one. A couple weeks ago had an interview at a printing company, but later found out that they didn't hire anyone (because apparently the job description changed along the way). And it probably wasn't even fully paid thing (more like a trainee thing i guess). Damned.

This recession thing has become the new normal.

With my educational backround (graphic design shmesign) entrepreneurship is an alternative, but a difficult one. I don't have a skillset wide enough and I'm certainly not connected to get jobs or delegate them.
I could do it as a side thing for beer money, but not full time without being totally fucked.

I should start to learn some web design coding bullshit, and 3d graphics, and whatever as I have all the time in the world right now.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.22.2013, 04:07 PM   #34
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegmscope
I would like to have a somewhat decent "zombie job", but can't seem to get one. A couple weeks ago had an interview at a printing company, but later found out that they didn't hire anyone (because apparently the job description changed along the way). And it probably wasn't even fully paid thing (more like a trainee thing i guess). Damned.

This recession thing has become the new normal.

With my educational backround (graphic design shmesign) entrepreneurship is an alternative, but a difficult one. I don't have a skillset wide enough and I'm certainly not connected to get jobs or delegate them.
I could do it as a side thing for beer money, but not full time without being totally fucked.

I should start to learn some web design coding bullshit, and 3d graphics, and whatever as I have all the time in the world right now.

yeah, freelancing as a graphic designer is hard because of a market glut-- at some point in the 90's everyone and their mother wanted to be one and move to new york. so it takes a lot to stand out and make it "big."

found this link here that mentions some of that:

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...our-definition

however i think it's not impossible to find a job of course but you gotta think outside the box and make compromises. in my small-town web-development days i often found people who needed a designer and didn't know about it/ didn't know where to find one/ were happy to hire one. graphic designers for small business owners in small cowtowns aren't usually characters in mtv movies but they can get paid.

anyway i'd say network like a motherfucker and keep your skills up to date and try to invent opportunities if you can't find any ready-made ones. and by "network like a motherfucker" i mean-- don't turn down beer-money jobs, they might lead to bigger jobs. (or not. but at least it gives you a chance where one didn't previously exist.)

okay.
Old 10.22.2013, 04:15 PM   #35
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
yeah, freelancing as a graphic designer is hard because of a market glut-- at some point in the 90's everyone and their mother wanted to be one and move to new york. so it takes a lot to stand out and make it "big."

Interestingly, I think the glut has sort of worked itself out, because the nature of that profession is that some folks want to work for Disney, and some folks like DIY. I know some folks who pull off each to their preference. It really is a passion kind of career, even though its high-tech its very artistic in the mindsets it attracts. So really, if you are a legit and talented designer, you can find work at any level, from small paying gigs for family friends and neighborhood businesses to scouting it big and going corporate.

Quote:
however i think it's not impossible to find a job of course but you gotta think outside the box and make compromises. in my small-town web development i often found people who needed a designer and didn't know about it/ didn't know where to find one/ were happy to hire one. graphic designers for small business owners in small towns don't aren't usually characters in mtv movies but they can get paid.

Exactly.

Quote:

anyway i'd say network like a motherfucker and keep your skills up to date and try to invent opportunities if you can't find any ready-made ones. and by "network like a motherfucker" i mean-- don't turn down beer-money jobs, they might lead to bigger jobs. (or not. but at least it gives you a chance where one didn't previously exist.)

okay.

That is why I tell folkz get they hustle on. Whatever they iz doing, essentially it comes down to their hustle. If you ain't busting your ass, you ain't getting shit accomplished. Got to be heavy on the grind, got to meet people. Its the nature of making even small sums of money, let alone that Trump Change.

Old 11.02.2013, 10:22 AM   #36
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
None of them understand that capitalism is a system designed and imposed by the rich who benefit from it at their expense. They have this religion of ultra irrational positive thinking for its own sake. And you cant go a minute without being aggressively excoriated to believe and dream in your follow the goals of your dream if you work hard! Or something equally as insane and incomprehensible as that. Its magical thinking but they dont realize it. At the same time, Ive noticed that uk media has now TOTALLY ABANDONED the idea of explaining anything in a systemic or structural manner. EVERYTHING is now explained as a human narrative. Everything is a story made up solely of things people say and it is impossible to even verify the existence of anything other than the the people involved. They even do this for stories about the fucking water supply. It becomes impossible to understand anything

Capitalism is all about trying to enrich oneself by impoverishing others through deceit. It's truly fucked up.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2013, 11:05 AM   #37
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Capitalism is all about trying to enrich oneself by impoverishing others through deceit. It's truly fucked up.

that's sheer nonsense, you trotskyite pseud (your words, these)
Old 11.02.2013, 02:10 PM   #38
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
that's sheer nonsense, you trotskyite pseud (your words, these)

Haven't you heard of the Third World? A result of capitalism.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2013, 02:23 PM   #39
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Haven't you heard of the Third World? A result of capitalism.

lolololol.

i grew up in "the third world".

idiot ideologies are what kept the third world hungry and backwards for a long time. capitalism is improving the standard of living all over "the third world" while those who cling to obsolete notions of government control keep suffering and squandering their resources.

communist china used to suffer famines-- way into the 70s. nowadays the chinese are getting fat.

if you don't like private property, please donate your organs today.
Old 11.08.2013, 06:08 PM   #40
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
I just received a reply regarding some application to a cleaners job I sent a couple months back. I didn't get the gig, obviously, but it said they had 108 applicants.
It's mildly amusing that it seems that it's statistically harder to get a relatively basic job than to get accepted to some popular university / college degree program.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth