Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Milwaukee Show
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.07.2006, 05:07 PM   #21
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
And the shirt is?

This badass. Stenciled it myself.
Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2006, 05:15 PM   #22
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisstina

This badass. Stenciled it myself.

Cool
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2006, 05:23 PM   #23
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
me and thurston

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2006, 05:25 PM   #24
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesonicevol
me and thurston
Crikey - It's like father and son. I love the sweet little fan worship face.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2006, 05:38 PM   #25
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Crikey - It's like father and son. I love the sweet little fan worship face.

Yea. I was looking up at him but it looks like im sort of looking at the sky. Whatever, it's a kool pic.

Old 08.07.2006, 06:42 PM   #26
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Cool ass shirt Prisstina!!
Old 08.07.2006, 06:44 PM   #27
lovesonicevol
children of satan

Good Kim pic.

Old 08.07.2006, 06:47 PM   #28
lovesonicevol
children of satan

Thurston says as he takes off his shoes, "Well, Nike is politically bogus anyway." <crowd laughs>

Old 08.07.2006, 06:52 PM   #29
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
I so wanted to take those shoes.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2006, 10:10 PM   #30
CROATOAN
empty page

CROATOAN ain't too shabby
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtonvspullman
Excellent work by the youth last night...i felt like i could watch them forever----Loved it when Kim called the crowd old school

I almost yelled out "PLAY THE BURNING SPEAR" just to mock the croud.
I don't like it when crowds only want to hear the older stuff, that must annoy the band a little, I know i would be.
CROATOAN is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2006, 10:24 PM   #31
CROATOAN
empty page

CROATOAN ain't too shabby
Quote:
I liked the octopus on your shirt, CROATOAN.

Thanks, the orange octopus is kindof my bands mascot. I admit, Lee taking a picture of your shirt made me a little bit jealous inside. I can't imagine how much joy you felt.
CROATOAN is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2006, 07:30 AM   #32
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by CROATOAN
Thanks, the orange octopus is kindof my bands mascot. I admit, Lee taking a picture of your shirt made me a little bit jealous inside. I can't imagine how much joy you felt.

I totally wasn't expecting it. I was actually afraid to wear it because I didn't want to look corny. I really wanted Thurston to see it, but I suppose Lee seeing it and taking a picture is even better than Thurston glancing at it and saying nothing. I did feel joy, but I also felt embarassment due to the dozens of people that gathered around Lee and stared right up at me. You should have jumped in the picture!

Lets make a deal; next time Sonic Youth plays in Milwaukee and Lee takes a picture of my shirt, you can join me in the picture.
Old 08.08.2006, 07:40 AM   #33
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CROATOAN
I almost yelled out "PLAY THE BURNING SPEAR" just to mock the croud.
I don't like it when crowds only want to hear the older stuff, that must annoy the band a little, I know i would be.

The crowd was SO rude. If I were a SY member I would be totally pissed. Angellah told me she heard someone yell "THURSTON IS A FAG!". Not to mention I was right by this chick that was completely drunk, trying to grab Kim's foot, waving her arms in other peoples' faces and tossing the contents of her drink over her shoulder so it landed on someone's arm.

My boyfriend yelled out "THE WORLD LOOKS RED!" as loud as he could.
Old 08.08.2006, 07:53 AM   #34
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
I'll be yelling "SKIP TRACER" tonight, since I know there's a chance they'll play it since it was soundchecked a few nights ago
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2006, 11:40 AM   #35
katy's
empty page

katy's has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
only blights were the douchebag during "100%" (security had every right
to be rough with him, and i'm glad lee apologized; the history of live
shows is rife with instances of asshole security brutalizing excited
concertgoers who present no harm, but this was definitely not an
example of that);
man, you didn't have to fight off his drunk-man-hug. that was definitely weird.

what a great show. hanging out with the 1:00'ers was probably my favorite part. i've never met a more pleasant group of fans. and especially thank you to the guy who sold me his extra ticket. what a life-saver. and to kurt and his friend for the ride.

also, the crowd was incredibly polite otherwise. no one shoved, and i had more than enough space (i was leaning on the stage and had room to wiggle)
katy's is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2006, 12:49 PM   #36
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Angellah told me she heard someone yell "THURSTON IS A FAG!".
Along with "YOU GUYS SUCK!", "SONIC YOUTH SUCKS!", "PLAY SOMETHING BETTER!" ..and of course, "SONIC DEATH!"
I think someone in front of me yelled "HOW WAS CHRISTMAS?!" if I heard him correctly, hm.
I'm glad I'm not claustrophobic, otherwise I would've died since I'm only 5' 2" and everyone around me was SOO tall. I had to like, stand on my tippy-toes and hold the camera way above my head to get those (shit-quality) pictures.

Old 08.08.2006, 12:53 PM   #37
darthblav
little trouble girl

darthblav ain't too shabby
Quote:
The crowd was SO rude. If I were a SY member I would be totally pissed. Angellah told me she heard someone yell "THURSTON IS A FAG!". Not to mention I was right by this chick that was completely drunk, trying to grab Kim's foot, waving her arms in other peoples' faces and tossing the contents of her drink over her shoulder so it landed on someone's arm.

My boyfriend yelled out "THE WORLD LOOKS RED!" as loud as he could.

I actually thought the same thing. It seemed like their was a hipster / scenester crowd at the show. I thought it was a good show, but it definitely does not rank as my all time favorite SY show.

I just felt people still acted like they were at the rave or a bar compared to seeing an amazing band at a top notch venue. I was upset because all around it seemed like people were smoking grass / cigaretttes (in a historic non smoking theatre), drinking the cheap pbrs and throwing them on the ground to wash on other's feet, and just acting like idiots throughout the show (either talking to others or shouting stupid shit at the band). Grant it I was not in the pit, but I was 10 rows dead center.

The latest few shows I have seen at the Pabst had a more mature / music loving audience (eels, cline / kotche, neko case). I just don't want the venue to stop from having shows and it seems like crowds like keep showing up, a good theater will stop having them there.

I think the crowd really tainted my view of the show. Even to the point that it seemed 100% even suffered do to idiots trying to be cool and stage dive - I thought we did not have to relive the 90s, but I guess so. I even feel they cut things short just do to the crowds actions throught out the night.

I did think the new album sounded amazing and I am glad so many you enjoyed it.
Old 08.08.2006, 06:01 PM   #38
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
gotta love it when the taper is also the seeder...so futurist.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2006, 06:17 PM   #39
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthblav
I actually thought the same thing. It seemed like their was a hipster / scenester crowd at the show. I thought it was a good show, but it definitely does not rank as my all time favorite SY show.

I just felt people still acted like they were at the rave or a bar compared to seeing an amazing band at a top notch venue. I was upset because all around it seemed like people were smoking grass / cigaretttes (in a historic non smoking theatre), drinking the cheap pbrs and throwing them on the ground to wash on other's feet, and just acting like idiots throughout the show (either talking to others or shouting stupid shit at the band). Grant it I was not in the pit, but I was 10 rows dead center.

The latest few shows I have seen at the Pabst had a more mature / music loving audience (eels, cline / kotche, neko case). I just don't want the venue to stop from having shows and it seems like crowds like keep showing up, a good theater will stop having them there.

I think the crowd really tainted my view of the show. Even to the point that it seemed 100% even suffered do to idiots trying to be cool and stage dive - I thought we did not have to relive the 90s, but I guess so. I even feel they cut things short just do to the crowds actions throught out the night.

I did think the new album sounded amazing and I am glad so many you enjoyed it.

When I heard they were playing the Pabst, I got totally excited, because I thought it would be such a intimate place for a show. It seemed like a crazy Rave show, which pissed me off. I'm sure plenty of people there really had no respect for the band, and it showed.
Old 08.08.2006, 07:14 PM   #40
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Even to the point that it seemed 100% even suffered do to idiots trying to be cool and stage dive
Yeah, I was so excited when they played it but the security guards kept bumping into me whilst carrying the idiots down the aisle, and before I knew it the song was over and I couldn't enjoy it to the fullest.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth