Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page september 11th
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.09.2006, 09:21 PM   #1
cheguevara6
empty page

cheguevara6 has tongues queuing up for a rim-festcheguevara6 has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Wanted to pose some questions here:

1. Why is september 11th refered to as the "worst act of terrorism in our nations history? Anyone with any background in history, or anyone who makes a cursory look at history will notice atrocities occuring on american soil, or what is now american soil, all the way back to when Columbus "discovered" America. Columbus and his men, would rape the Arawak, sic dogs on them, beat them, and set them on fire at the stake in groups of thirteens (christians know what this is in reference to). White "settlers" massacred an entire people. Native Americans were nearly exterminated. 10's of millions of Africans were transported from Africa to America for a lovely life of beatings, whippings and backbreaking work all to serve whites. 10's of millions of Africans died along the way in the so called Middle Passage. From the 1800's until the mid 1950's, black men were routinely hung/lynched for crimes they may or may not have committed, many revolving around the idea of a black man raped a white woman. The act of enslaving an entire people, is that not a terrorist act? How about giving Native Americans small pox? Or the continueing enslavement of blacks in jails and prisons, or the wanton brutality involved in the wholesale murder of many black males at the hand of raving lunatic pigs in inner cities? The murder of millions of Vietnamese, and use of napalm, is that terrorism? How about the murder of hundreds of thousands of people in Nagasaki and Hiroshima? The forced internment of Japanese Americans, that surely is not a terrorist act right?

Do those atrocities not constitute a terrorist actions? Are we so blind in society that we only care about ourselves? As Noam chomsky said, "september 11th wasnt extraordinary, what was, was the victim" (ie americans).

2. As a society we have to realize as Noam Chomsky suggested to even pursue the war against terror, is laughable. This barb is aimed at both parties. The fact that america is the single greatest purveyor of violence in our nations history makes it laughable we should want to eradicate it. If you feel thats too extreme, none other that MLK said that. He wasnt all that extreme in politics. He wasnt calling for seperatist ideas as malcolm was.
In your opinion is it even worth it to pursue this war on terrorism that is actually, terrorism!?

3. The fact we as a society fail to understand, we were hit on septemeber 11th not because of our freedoms. People under taliban rule didnt bomb a abortion clinic or a antiwar rally or a progun rally. They bombed the WTC because of our foreign policy. Until we realize that, nothing will change.

As ward churchill said :"stop killing our kids, if you want your own to be safe."
cheguevara6 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2006, 09:24 PM   #2
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Hush up Tokolosh!

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2006, 09:26 PM   #3
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheguevara6
Wanted to pose some questions here:

1. Why is september 11th refered to as the "worst act of terrorism in our nations history? Anyone with any background in history, or anyone who makes a cursory look at history will notice atrocities occuring on american soil, or what is now american soil, all the way back to when Columbus "discovered" America. Columbus and his men, would rape the Arawak, sic dogs on them, beat them, and set them on fire at the stake in groups of thirteens (christians know what this is in reference to). White "settlers" massacred an entire people. Native Americans were nearly exterminated. 10's of millions of Africans were transported from Africa to America for a lovely life of beatings, whippings and backbreaking work all to serve whites. 10's of millions of Africans died along the way in the so called Middle Passage. From the 1800's until the mid 1950's, black men were routinely hung/lynched for crimes they may or may not have committed, many revolving around the idea of a black man raped a white woman. The act of enslaving an entire people, is that not a terrorist act? How about giving Native Americans small pox? Or the continueing enslavement of blacks in jails and prisons, or the wanton brutality involved in the wholesale murder of many black males at the hand of raving lunatic pigs in inner cities? The murder of millions of Vietnamese, and use of napalm, is that terrorism? How about the murder of hundreds of thousands of people in Nagasaki and Hiroshima? The forced internment of Japanese Americans, that surely is not a terrorist act right?

Do those atrocities not constitute a terrorist actions? Are we so blind in society that we only care about ourselves? As Noam chomsky said, "september 11th wasnt extraordinary, what was, was the victim" (ie americans).

2. As a society we have to realize as Noam Chomsky suggested to even pursue the war against terror, is laughable. This barb is aimed at both parties. The fact that america is the single greatest purveyor of violence in our nations history makes it laughable we should want to eradicate it. If you feel thats too extreme, none other that MLK said that. He wasnt all that extreme in politics. He wasnt calling for seperatist ideas as malcolm was.
In your opinion is it even worth it to pursue this war on terrorism that is actually, terrorism!?

3. The fact we as a society fail to understand, we were hit on septemeber 11th not because of our freedoms. People under taliban rule didnt bomb a abortion clinic or a antiwar rally or a progun rally. They bombed the WTC because of our foreign policy. Until we realize that, nothing will change.

As ward churchill said :"stop killing our kids, if you want your own to be safe."

are you a terrorist?
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2006, 09:32 PM   #4
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
You large sig is annoying...
Old 09.09.2006, 09:35 PM   #5
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
Uh huh.

umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2006, 09:38 PM   #6
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I blocked all the images...
Old 09.09.2006, 09:40 PM   #7
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
I forgot about that function. Thanks.

umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2006, 09:40 PM   #8
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Agreed. I vote that signatures be regulated as far as size goes.
GeneticKiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2006, 09:41 PM   #9
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
get over it
Old 09.09.2006, 09:56 PM   #10
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Don't worry, we'll just block 'em again when you put new equally annoying and equally unfunny animations/pictures. We won't speak of them either.
Old 09.09.2006, 10:02 PM   #11
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Don't worry, we'll just block 'em again when you put new equally annoying and equally unfunny animations/pictures. We won't speak of them either.

i dont give a fuck
you do what you have to do

its the internet, get over it
Old 09.09.2006, 10:38 PM   #12
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
I like the sig.

Love,
Daycare

That dragon ain't the love sweet love.
Daycare Nation is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2006, 10:43 PM   #13
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
weavacopter
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2006, 11:03 PM   #14
flophousefloozie
expwy. to yr skull

flophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's asses
I idn't know you could block them. how can I?
flophousefloozie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2006, 11:03 PM   #15
flophousefloozie
expwy. to yr skull

flophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's asses
is mine annoying? if so i'll delete it..
flophousefloozie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2006, 11:08 PM   #16
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
quoting noam chomsky as an authoritative figure on politics is like quoting the antichrist as an authoritative figure on piety.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2006, 11:13 PM   #17
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
yawn
Old 09.10.2006, 11:27 PM   #18
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
i dont give a fuck
you do what you have to do

its the internet, get over it
I don't have anything to get over, you're the one who seems to have the issues here. I said the sig annoyed me, I blocked the images, thus doing what I had to do. And here you are, yelling at me for doing exactly what you want me to.
Old 09.11.2006, 12:48 AM   #19
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
I don't have anything to get over, you're the one who seems to have the issues here. I said the sig annoyed me, I blocked the images, thus doing what I had to do. And here you are, yelling at me for doing exactly what you want me to.

my bad, didnt read that bit
Old 09.11.2006, 12:59 AM   #20
dietzer123
stalker

dietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard sucka
let's discuss noam chomsky's studies in linguistics. that's where the real funs at anyways

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth