Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Do you males on this board ever feel any shame about the way you view women?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.04.2010, 08:33 PM   #481
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
the mistake that you're making is that you're confusing criticism against objetification and gender roles with puritanism. it's quite the opposite really. think about it.

besides, you're referring to sexuality without considering female sexuality. it is not that they SEE wrong in everything, it's that they're NOT FREE to express their sexuality a-as it really is b-without suffering consequences c-without having their sexuality pre-defined for them.

i think that's hard to understand without being a woman, but i will just say that if you're trying to imply that anyone on this forum is being a prude you're really far from the truth.

in fact, it gets a bit tiring that EVERYTIME a woman complains about feeling OBJECTIFIED in a NEGATIVE way, people will start using the word "prude". It's a bit like going on a date and not wanting to sleep with some guy and he starts calling you a prude to see if maybe you'll feel bad and put out.

ok, i think when i responded to this there was only the first paragraph and the rest must have been added while i was composing my reply. or maybe my eyes tricked me. either way, i only saw the first paragraph. so i'll add the rest.

i didn't mentioned female sexuality but i did not say that women see wrong in everything. i don't get that in my everyday life and i don't get that at home and i don't get that in my circle of friends and acquaintances. nowhere did i say that women see wrong in everything.

to address the next paragraph, i do however know that in certain places/ groups/ societies women are not allowed to express their own sexuality as it is, without social predefinitions, and without suffering consequences. absolutely. but again it's prudery and double standards that label a woman "a whore" if she likes sex, or determine that she has to have sex with men and for procreation, or that she has to put out if some asshole pays for dinner, and so on and so forth, we can make lists forever.

that thing about calling a woman a prude to see if she starts to put out sounds like a despicable trick to fool the feeble minded, and i doubt it would work, but i guess if done to an insecure teenager desperate to impress her peers it might have an effect.

regardless, when i say PURITAN im not saying "prude", much less modesty, which i consider a virtue, and the widespread lack of it one of the reasons i detest the jerry-springer atmosphere of the internet (yet here i am)... i'm talking about the view that sex is somehow negative and inherently "dirty", so it needs to be fetishized and objectified and hidden in a guilty and shameful corner in order to be "enjoyed". or else approached in total shamelessness--"girls gone wild" style.

i know this isn't going anywhere, just wanted to clarify that i call "puritans" those who demonize sex-- male sex, female sex, transgender sex, the most harmful people are those who demonize what should be one of the most enjoyable aspects of life (and i don't mean that you are that person, just in case you wonder). america was founded by a bunch of crazy people dressed in black who came from england with a lot of crazy notions about "evil". but every culture has its own bunch of puritans-- demonizers by day, pedophiles by night.

anyway, my eyes hurt, too much typing, and i think i need to go out regardless of who is around.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2010, 08:48 PM   #482
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Can't we agree that threads dedicated entirely to Lindsay Lohan pictures suck? Can we not agree on that small thing?
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2010, 09:07 PM   #483
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
I didn't even read anything YET but I just gotta say after reading the first lines (your strategy here) that:

I never complained about people posting nasty pictures. In fact, I never complained about people posting pictures at all. All I did was express my frustration about the fact that I noticed that for a while, pictures of women were the pretty much ALL that was being posted, and once and I'd like to see something else while I'm trying to read the threads as well.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2010, 09:11 PM   #484
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
we're not islands, we're social creatures-- we're shaped by our genes, our upbringing, our society-- it's a complex web of vectors that gives birth to individuals, but a lot of that happens in collective interactions that go beyond the individual. yes, look at the inside (i just got back from my shrink btw), but also look at the outside and what created the inside-- read family systems theory to see how alcoholism, abuse, violence and countless toxic behaviors are handed down from one generation to the next. then there's the social/political sphere where there's money for weapons but not for birth control, there's money for domestic espionage but not to prevent rape and domestic violence, there's tax levies to fund the construction of stadiums but not homeless shelters.

Yes. That is why we would have to try and detect these patterns inside ourselves so we can slowly begin to act differently and influence people around us in a different way, instead of simply reproducing these patterns.

It's evolution, not revolution we're talking about.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2010, 10:53 PM   #485
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
he has to prove that you aren't allowed to express your feelings on these matters, or that they are at least "wrong", by making up bullshit extrapolations and pretending you are saying things you actually aren't. he will prattle on to infinity, what you need is a spambot to create posts out of random words from a pool related to the subject, and incorporating some of the new ones he uses each time and you can just leave him to his devices for now until the end of eternity.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2010, 11:05 PM   #486
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Hey guys! What'd I miss?

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2010, 11:29 PM   #487
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
nah, you guys are alright.
forget this, i love men. there is a big fucking rock on the 3rd finger of my left hand since today. and then we did our thing for awhile and he went out drinking with all his friends. normally i'd be pissed but i don't even care, i'm at home working on a blanket and flipping channels and i am happy. i'm going to be someone's wife and have my own little family and keep working on my blanket and no one is gonna fucking take that away from me.
Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2010, 11:31 PM   #488
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
What? Congrats!
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2010, 11:37 PM   #489
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
forget this, i love men. there is a big fucking rock on the 3rd finger of my left hand since today. and then we did our thing for awhile and he went out drinking with all his friends. normally i'd be pissed but i don't even care, i'm at home working on a blanket and flipping channels and i am happy. i'm going to be someone's wife and have my own little family and keep working on my blanket and no one is gonna fucking take that away from me.

can I be the flower girl?
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2010, 11:38 PM   #490
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Congratulations! (This isn't going to get in the way of us, is it?)

amerikangod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2010, 11:39 PM   #491
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses

Old 06.04.2010, 11:40 PM   #492
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
can I be the flower girl?
sure thing

thanks triple d! and amerikkka!

2012 will come eventually.
Old 06.04.2010, 11:45 PM   #493
amerikangod
invito al cielo

Quote:

That's all I needed to hear, baby. I can share.

Old 06.05.2010, 12:00 AM   #494
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
Yes. That is why we would have to try and detect these patterns inside ourselves so we can slowly begin to act differently and influence people around us in a different way, instead of simply reproducing these patterns.

It's evolution, not revolution we're talking about.

funny, we agree on this-- we should stick to reading first lines only, ha ha ha. (i did read the rest though, you know).

anyway, i'm all for the self-examination & the "personal is political", though at this point in my life i'm also into the influencing of other people beyond my immediate circle-- knock on doors (it's hard, but i try), organize, give money to "causes", write to the government, circulate information... the political is political-- a little revolution goes a long way.
Old 06.05.2010, 12:05 AM   #495
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
he has to prove that you aren't allowed to express your feelings on these matters, or that they are at least "wrong", by making up bullshit extrapolations and pretending you are saying things you actually aren't. he will prattle on to infinity, what you need is a spambot to create posts out of random words from a pool related to the subject, and incorporating some of the new ones he uses each time and you can just leave him to his devices for now until the end of eternity.

it's both funny and sad to see you foam at the mouth while you project your own emotional problems onto an internet stranger, while knox and i, in spite of our clear differences, are actually managing to communicate at some level. i don't know what happened to you growing up, but i swear i had nothing to do with it.

anyway, i got home a little while ago with a few scotches on me, and i have to get up early tomorrow so i won't stay around for your extremely witty retort, but i hope you manage some day to take your rage out on the person you actually have issues with. bless you, kid.
Old 06.05.2010, 12:07 AM   #496
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
NOW LOOKING FOR MORE: VIRGINS

PLEASE APPLY AT CENOTE FOR DIVING LESSONS.

space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2010, 12:07 AM   #497
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

wowza! great to hear you're happy and doing well-- best wishes you. & good night.
Old 06.05.2010, 12:16 AM   #498
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
it's both funny and sad to see you foam at the mouth while you project your own emotional problems onto an internet stranger, while knox and i, in spite of our clear differences, are actually managing to communicate at some level. i don't know what happened to you growing up, but i swear i had nothing to do with it.

anyway, i got home a little while ago with a few scotches on me, and i have to get up early tomorrow so i won't stay around for your extremely witty retort, but i hope you manage some day to take your rage out on the person you actually have issues with. bless you, kid.

i can assure you i am most certainly not foaming at the mouth, but i wouldnt want to spoil your picture of anyone who finds you insulting to have some sort of mental defficiency. i didnt grow up right and i have rage at someone? now that is just a pathetic. who? my dad? my teachers or something? hahaha. did i not learn to listen patiently when a man speaks and instantly respect whatever crap he says because he claims its a reasonable discourse? is that why i don't find the way you getting off on your own dullcid patronising tones and attempts to invalidate anyones right not to take your line as unquestionable fact as if its some sort of discussion to be the height of intolerance disguised as civility. yep, condescending crap. but of course, i'd have to be demented not to think you should have shut the fuck up ages ago. i would be surprised if anyone actually bored enough to read thru all this crap didn't feel the same way. yawn. you still clearly don't get it and don't want to. the end. for me anyway.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2010, 12:19 AM   #499
Satan
invito al cielo

you guys are silly. direct your rage at something worthwhile.
Old 06.05.2010, 12:48 AM   #500
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
oh shit. was I supposed to be raging?

I'm sorry, I haven't been reading anything but what amerikkkangawd writes.

space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
222324 25 2627 >
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth