Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Do you males on this board ever feel any shame about the way you view women?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.03.2010, 01:02 PM   #321
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
must spread rep to knox etc.

and by the way, the board used to have a LOT more females posting than it does now.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2010, 01:04 PM   #322
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Look mate, nobody can stop you from posting what you like on here. There is a moderator for that. It would help if you saved face by coming across less like the real fascist because not everyone thinks like you do and they are not afraid to tell you.

Says the guy who started this thread...

My post was clearly somewhat sarcastic (I even used the cliched misspelling technique to broadcast so). I'm not telling people what to think, or how to act. I'm only defending against the number of you who are telling others how, and what to post on this board.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2010, 01:05 PM   #323
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
If this thread isn't about censoring offensive material, then what is it about? Because due to all of your reactions, I've clearly missed the point.
Old 06.03.2010, 01:06 PM   #324
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ha ha ha ha-- i/ve never seen that sort of stuff, but seems totally plausible.

i'd post links if i wasn't at work
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2010, 01:06 PM   #325
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
symbol, have you ever thought "hey, maybe i'm coming off as patronising, maybe i should think why i need to do that for over 4 pages"?

i often get accused of that. it must be true. my shrink once told me i was poison for people with low self-esteem. i can be grating, abrasive, overbearing, critical and tactless. apologies.

Quote:
i know that you are too stuck up to read my posts. but if you had you might have found these quotes, which are in my opinion highly relevant and could be useful to you in a time of introspection, hint hint:

im not too stuck up to read your posts, i think sometimes they are deranged though, and not worth reading, though they may contain good material. here i'm reading this one. there. i'm reading you. happy?

Quote:
because it does seem like you have being doing that so far and aren't going to stop anytime soon. it would be infuriating if it wasn't so hilarious, but it's too boring to be that either.... hmmmm.... so if i was to follow the symbol man school of thought, were you don't need to listen or try to understand why someone else feels the way they do, and that that could matter more than your opinions, couldn't i just shorten it and say: "no, you're wrong to feel this way because of MY different opinions"

really? we're a lot alike then. i don't see you listening or trying to understand others, either. i know you're siding with some people, but i don't know that you're listening to other. if you have, ever, please, show me where you've done that.

Quote:
i disagree with what you said about "the price of freedom".

great, let's hear your arguments,

Quote:
you are being requested not to behave in a certain way that is offending people, and they are trying to explain why they feel this way.

i get that now, but that request has only become clear to me in recent pages. however, knox included a body of justification for that request that i didn't fully understand. while i agree with the basic request, i found her justifications debatable.

Quote:
freedom doesnt mean i get to act like a douche because i can so fuck everyone else. you make it harder for other people to have freedom unless you listen to what they have to say and try to show them some respect

so you're listening to me and showing respect? ok, great. lead by example. i get you.

if you had read what i've said though, you'd notice i said i find a lot of shit in this board disturbing, but i've learned that i can't stop it.

Quote:
dont pretend that asking for some respect is a demand that everyone goose step to intellectualism.

i'm not pretending anything, but when you try to speak for knox it makes it harder for me to get what she's saying, or what you're saying, for that matter. are you two one and the same? no.

Quote:
you just mean you want to use it when it suits you so you can always suddenly switch from being serious if you can't win an argument.

i didn't get that, sorry.

Quote:
you are coming across as condescending, smug and self assured that anyone wants to hear more of your opinions. when you should only be self assured at how annoying it is to hear you go on and on forever. oh sorry, am i being "overheated" again? don't worry i've got a fan beside me now.

if you don't want to hear, skip it. it's easy. just skip it over. and keep that fan running.

Quote:
and to tell us all we need to do is "give people shit for it" in response, is both patronising and sounds like you are saying you won't stop offending people unless they try to offend you back. we asked people to be courteous. we don't want to get dragged down into pissing battles on a board. because thats really stupid and excruciatingly boring and really doesn't interest us.

so you're not giving me shit for your disagreements with me? your discourse here and in that other post is not in pissing battle mode? ok

Quote:
you go on to suggest we have to "fight" as a solution, suggesting you are going to keep fighting back unless we do. we don't CARE about dominating other people. we aren't asking for a fight. we are asking people to be considerate of how we feel. are you really so wrapped up in yourself you can't see that?

that's not what i said, i didn't present myself as the opponent of your cause, you fucking idiot-- i'm actually on your side, believe it or not. i would like this place to be "better", though i have little hope this will happen. but i said essentially that to advance your cause you might need to do some fighting, because there's nobody here to shield you from the displeasure that others cause you, but yourself. are you really so wrapped up in yourself you can't see that?

Quote:
EDIT: well it seems like you finally have stopped now.

fat chance!

Quote:
without realising that no, noone really was interested in a "good" discussion, however thrilling that might have been.

really? i was. i thought knox was and i thought better than deux was. i think better than deux advanced her points much better than you-- i totally get what she's saying.

Quote:
all that shit about the prosecutor? complaining about accusations that sully your might pride when you've said insulting things to people again and again when they've been keeping it civil? you'd almost expected me to say something like "get off your high horse you pompous fuck" but that would be being overheated again, wouldn't it? oh how i can not wait for the next installment in this gripping saga.

that was for knox, not for you. are you speaking on her behalf now?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2010, 01:06 PM   #326
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
it this why some people get so jealous of that guy that's always posting photos of his life/party with lots of real girls?

well, anyway, 5 girls on the internet. that's more than the internet could ever dream of having. nobody told me the internet was like that.

it seems like the number of female users on forums is even lower than the number of women flying planes.

i dont know, i want stats.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2010, 01:07 PM   #327
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
we aren't and have never been TELLING anyone. we asked respectfully. and we got a lot of crap for it. that's not censorship. that's just a request that certain things be kept in the one place.
Old 06.03.2010, 01:09 PM   #328
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
If this thread isn't about censoring offensive material, then what is it about? Because due to all of your reactions, I've clearly missed the point.

yes, you have missed the point.

the thread is about:

we're allowed to say whatever the fuck we want and dislike whatever we want to dislike and make a million threads about it.

didn't you say? if you don't like the photos ignore them. if you don't like the thread ignore it.

isn't that the beauty of the lack of censorhip huh? I can actually say I think you're coming across as a wanker.

now the thread is about something else. 5 women on the internets.
now it's about internet equality.

Old 06.03.2010, 01:12 PM   #329
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

It might be about a general attitude to women. It might be about the inability to discuss a woman under 40 without reference to her physical attributes. It might be about the cock-fest of talking about music like it's football cards. It might be about how insipid the opinions expressed are. It might be about the use of the word 'cunt'. It might be about how the vernacular of the forum is reduced to this boorish 'ironic' twattery. It might be about how women immediately feel alienated by this forum because it's so cliquey. It might be about how there used to be a lot more women here. It might be about how everyone is reduced to a gender, both ways. It might be about the discretion the homosexual men/ heterosexual woman display in expressing their sexuality, relative to certain heterosexual men.

It might be about a lot of things, but if there's nothing in the above that rings any bells (there's certainly plenty for me), then you're a perfect human. Well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2010, 01:12 PM   #330
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Your request was respected by some, and denied by others. Did you really expect much else?
Old 06.03.2010, 01:13 PM   #331
knox
invito al cielo

btw
no one suggested censorship
some people have requested some respect
because they thought that perhaps people care about anything other than themselves and can behave accordinly
but no one suggested censorship at all

Old 06.03.2010, 01:14 PM   #332
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Your request was respected by some, and denied by others. Did you really expect much else?

No.
But don't complain if some of us don't wanna stop bringing it up.

Old 06.03.2010, 01:14 PM   #333
ni'k
invito al cielo

yeah symbol man my discourse wasn't a pissing contest at the start, it was civil for many many posts despite how you behaved.

and that's about it since you didn't say anything else worth responding to or reading.

i feel so much lighter now that thats finally over.
Old 06.03.2010, 01:15 PM   #334
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
There's a distinct lack of females on any internet forum.

I still see knox, ploesj, Satan, phoenix, and Deux posting here regularly. That's more females than most forums would ever dream of having.

Like the symbol guy said, it's not too hard to avoid reading/discussing things on here that you don't want to. If no one reacted to the sexism on here, or the reaction was mostly negative, then it would surely cease. But, the truth of the matter is, is that it's been demanded by many of the members on this board, and respected as quality entertainment. Democracy ftw.

ok now seriously. which forums do you go to? wanna hear more about this internet only you know.

Old 06.03.2010, 01:15 PM   #335
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
It's about this place being one of the most intelligent, and liberated communities on the internet

hahahahahahahahaha
Old 06.03.2010, 01:17 PM   #336
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
although I cannot speak for the BLACK METAL boards, this board, has a lot FEWER females posting than most out there..

ESPECIALLY for a band like Sonic Youth that has DROVES of female fans (surely thanks in part to Kim ♥♥♥ ).

"there are no girls on the internet" is a lie made up by basement dwellers who have no clue about women AT ALL.

nobody can tell anyone else here what they can or cannot post, but I think if you have any interest in having this place not be such a BRO-FEST, these points bear listening to.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2010, 01:17 PM   #337
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Are good manners and considerate behaviour the same thing as censorship?
Old 06.03.2010, 01:21 PM   #338
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
knox-- i get, now, that you're primarily asking people to keep the tits and ass confined to a corral because it's disturbing to some people. i get that. i got it first from better than deux then from nik's very "clarifying" post. good. i have no problem with that. i accept your request and support your cause.

however, theres a separate argument which you put forward to bolster your request, which is trickier for me to fully accept-- even though i accept and support your request, as i've said.

according to nik, internet cop, arguing with your supporting ideas is pointless, and any further pursuit of that discussion is verbotten.

if you don't want to discuss that either, fine. if you want to discuss it, i will continue in spite of nik's protests or whoever else. if you prefer to take it to PM and avoid the confusion of discussing multiple points with multiple people at the same time until the whole thing becomes incomprehensible, i can delete my inbox and hear you out without thinking that when you say "you" you are referring to other people.

either way, let me know. i'd prefer to have this discussion in the open, but it's often impossible with so much noise and everybody claiming to represent somebody else.

ok.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2010, 01:22 PM   #339
ni'k
invito al cielo

i can be a dick and am guilty of some of the things glice mentioned.

the point is in this thread some people requested others try to be sensitive to how they felt, which literally required simply posting certain things in one certain thread except the others. but some of you couldn't even do that, being the uncompromising individuals that you are. some people started throwing temper tantrums at the slightest sign of anyone not being impressed by their attitude, which can be summed up by this:

and is probably a misery delivering substitute for being able to think for themselves.
Old 06.03.2010, 01:24 PM   #340
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
hahahahahahahahaha

I am REALLY curious. I want to know this internet.
The male internet. The internet that doesn't care if women are driven away.
The internet that's so nasty that this forum is the most intelligent place on it.
I do not know the internet.

(btw internet is not real life and this isnt the real me. nothing that happens on the internet happens in real life. internet isn't real. opinions on it aren't real. it is not even a real person writing this. people do not even make the internet. the internet is so powerful it makes your persona by itself)

this is the internet:

141516 17 181920 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth