Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Best new/most anticipated albums of 2019
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.08.2019, 08:48 PM   #41
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
HOLY MOLLY PARKER POSEY I THINK I'M NOT GONNA KILL MYSELF THIS YEAR AFTER ALL well not yet anyway CHRIST ON A STICK!

Right?!l

Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2019, 09:11 PM   #42
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Right?!l

Right! Now I shall remain vigilant! When Dig Me Out turned 20 they offered a signed LP + T-shirt + poster + the 33⅓ book on the album bundle! And their Bandcamp page crashed! (I did get the bundle, though! ) Imagine if this time they add a lock of Janet's hair! The whole Internet will implode like a son of a bitch! No more Drumpftweets! Although that would be nice!

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.11.2019, 09:12 PM   #43
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
New ROYAL TRUX studio album, morherfuckerzzzz

https://www.stereogum.com/2027574/ro...ff/music?amp=1

A little more info/hype from Fat Possum:

Quote:
Royal Trux are announcing their first album of new songs since 2000’s Pound for Pound slated for release on March 1st via Fat Possum. The new album White Stuff not only maintains the magic chemistry between Jennifer Herrema (vocal, moog, guitar, melodica) and Neil Hagerty (vocal, guitar) but expands upon it greatly with their natural ability to give us something unexpected, necessary, and truly unique. Their own formidable and informed imaginations... the same two creative minds that brought us (to name a few) Twin Infinitives, Cats and Dogs and Accelerator, are present in the unadulterated, exhilarating energy that has the album listed on Pitchfork and Stereogum‘s most highly anticipated albums of 2019 lists. The newest single they are sharing, “White Stuff,” follows on the heels of the recently released “Every Day Swan” and “Get Used To This” (featuring Kool Keith). Their lengthy recording break has done nothing to diminish their visionary, visceral intensity and enduring influence. We are incredibly excited to be sharing what they’ve cooked up in their collaborative kitchen and know we are most definitely not alone in this enthusiasm.

For the “band”, it has been a natural, fluid return. Says Herrema, “Nothing has changed within the Truxian universe we created for ourselves as teenagers; because Trux is and will always be our way of life whether living it together or separate... This is no hobby rock kick. We are long game lifers with no fear, no regrets and plenty of gratitude for the way the universe has rewarded our singular dynamic.”

Royal Trux find innovation in their ‘Bitches Brew’ aesthetic which now defines the standard mash-up approach so commonly ascertained and claimed by the majority of musicians that whether cognizant or not have followed in Trux’s very large footsteps: “everything in the pot whether you like it or not,” deriving from world music, punk rock, jazz, metal, electronic, southern, teeny-bop and all the rest. In the tradition of the blues, through appropriation and re-evaluation, Royal Trux changed the way we think of music. Their return is nothing short of glorious.

“It’s funny how the outside world perceives or feels compelled to parse complicated relationships and dynamics... Usually it’s an all or nothing game”, muses Herrema. “This next chapter is just another perfectly aligned bit of kismet. No concerted effort to force anything forward or to create something with an eye on the past. Only an awareness that the present had come calling with a gift to assist the future future of Royal Trux. The true believers that were once strangers found their way into our universe because everybody was ready for it and it simply, as if on cosmic cue, came to be.”

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 01.11.2019, 09:42 PM   #44
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Out March 22: Ex Hex, It's Real.

Quote:
On It’s Real, the group’s second album, Ex Hex’s commitment to larger-than-life riffs and unforgettable hooks remains intact, but the garage-y, post-punk approach that defined their debut album Rips has grown in scale and ambition. What started as a reaction to the blown-out aesthetic of Rips would test the sonic limits of the power trio and lead the band on a quest for a more immersive and three-dimensional sound. Vocal harmonies are layered ten tracks deep, solos shimmer and modulate atop heaving power chords, and the codas linger and stretch toward new frontiers of sound. On first listen, you might think you’ve unearthed a long-lost LP carved from the space where crunch-minded art rock and glitter-covered hard rock converge, an event horizon at the intersection of towering choruses and swaggering guitars.

Ex Hex were already one of America’s best guitar bands—but on It’s Real, their musical savvy has thrillingly combined with anything-goes curiosity, studio experimentation, and a dedication to refinement, resulting in an album that’s ready to be played at maximum volume.

https://www.mergerecords.com/ex-hex

https://exhexband.bandcamp.com/album/its-real

Old 01.11.2019, 09:47 PM   #45
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Out March 8: William Basinski, On Time Out Of Time.

Quote:
On Time Out of Time is a suite of works originally commissioned for the 2017 installations ‘ER=EPR’ and 'Orbihedron' by artists Evelina Domnitch and Dmitry Gelfand (in collaboration with Jean-Marc Chomaz and LIGO) for the exhibition, ‘Limits of Knowing’ at Martin-Gropius-Bau, Berlin by curator, Isabel de Sena.

These works utilize, among other things, exclusive source recordings from the interferometers of LIGO (Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory) capturing the sounds of the merging of two distant massive black holes, 1.3 billion years ago.

The CD and Digital formats feature two tracks: The 40-minute title track, “On Time Out of Time,” as well as “4(E+D)4(ER+EPR)”, a live track recorded during the aforementioned installation. The vinyl LP format features two exclusive mixes of the title track: “On Time Out of Time” on the a-side; and “On Time Out of Time (The Lovers)” on the b-side, made especially for the vinyl format.

https://williambasinski.bandcamp.com...me-out-of-time

Old 01.14.2019, 02:11 AM   #46
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe
Ariana Grande – thank u, next

I am confused here.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2019, 10:03 AM   #47
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
I am confused here.
she is great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffxKSjUwKdU
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2019, 02:22 AM   #48
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

hehe, youre not serious Moshe

by the way, have you seen this year§s Primavera Sound lineup?

oh yeah and Slavo has a ticket for LGW 19 already!

what about OFF?

you still going to Roadburn yeah?

Old 01.15.2019, 04:13 AM   #49
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

hey man, but you're going to LGW 19 too, right?

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2019, 04:57 AM   #50
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
hehe, youre not serious Moshe

by the way, have you seen this year§s Primavera Sound lineup?

what about OFF?

you still going to Roadburn yeah?

I a serious!

Primavera should reunite Sonic Youth to bring ne back to Barcelona. It became too big and crowded for me.

Got my ticket for Roadburn. I don't think I cam make it to Off too.
Old 01.15.2019, 06:47 AM   #51
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
hey man, but you're going to LGW 19 too, right?

sure!

Old 01.15.2019, 06:50 AM   #52
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
I a serious!

Primavera should reunite Sonic Youth to bring ne back to Barcelona.Primavera should reunite Sonic Youth to bring me back to Barcelona. It became too big and crowded for me.

that would be sweet.

but have you see the line up? pretty cool this year...

Old 01.15.2019, 07:45 AM   #53
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I might join you guys for Roadburn. Not sure if it will be for the complete fest yet, but I want to see Mono play their ‘Hymn to the Immortal Wind’ album

but it's already sold out ?

Efrim is playing Primavera? I do hope he goes on a fullscale Europe tour ...

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2019, 10:03 AM   #54
Moshe
Super Moderator

I'm afraid Roadburn is sold out
Old 01.18.2019, 11:46 PM   #55
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
6. Bill Callahan. It's time for a new album dude. He's got a brand new twitter account but no new album? What's there to tweet about then?

Circuit des Yeux!

Quote:
Haley's the sheriff that rides in to single-handedly clean up a town overrun by bad guys. Her voice will roll you from the soles of your feet to your scalp...

Actually, that wasn't a tweet (that I know of); that's what Callahan told Uncut about CdY. But Word says it's 129 characters, so...

Old 01.23.2019, 03:06 PM   #56
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Out March 29: FACS, Lifelike.

Quote:
Chicago trio FACS was founded in 2017 by former Disappears members Brian Case & Noah Leger, along with their bandmate Jonathan van Herik. After van Herik amicably parted ways with the group just before their debut album Negative Houses's release, Case & Leger recruited longtime friend Alianna Kalaba (Cat Power, We Ragazzi) to play bass & FACS began methodically destroying live venues across the world. Lifelike is their sophomore release; six tracks clocking in at half an hour, carrying forward the musical trail blazed by the debut towards a new frontier.

Lifelike occupies a space in between the band's debut & Case & Leger's work with Disappears, applying minimalism & space in compositions that reside somewhere near the realms of post-punk, art-rock, shoegaze, industrial music & post-rock. Lifelike however adds a more melodic sensibility, without sacrificing any of the debut's punishing sonic muscle, with a discernible audial force perceivable thru the speakers (credit due to engineer Jeremy Lemos' recording via Electrical Audio as well as John Congleton's mastering for accurately capturing the punishing heft of the band's live sound)

Kicking off with the lumbering "Another Country", whose opening drone lulls the listener into a trance before Leger's drums crack the earth below. The band veers close to This Heat territory here, with Kalaba's minimal bass throb & Case's nearly unrecognizable guitar loops & multi-tracked voice punctuating the spaces between. Album standout "In Time" careens with purpose with cascading sheets of guitar noise over the rhythm sections ever-advancing march, while "XUXA"s melodic washes of monochrome eases the tension ever so slightly. Side two awaits, with the anxiety-ridden opener "Anti-Body" & the claustrophobic "Loom State"'s clanging aura of menace. Lifelike closes with "Total History", whose syrupy shuffle belies the blunt-force trauma of its closing minutes, with the sheer weight of sonic force seeming to blow out the speakers it emanates from. A phoenix returning to the ashes from whence it came.

https://wearefacs.bandcamp.com/album/lifelike

Old 01.23.2019, 04:24 PM   #57
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:

^ "Jenny Lewis, whaddayawant?!"

Jenny's On The Line's final and official cover art could be NSFW in some quarters (W meaning work and/or wife). You've been warned.

Old 01.23.2019, 04:34 PM   #58
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Out March 29: Fennesz, Agora.

Quote:
Agora is Christian Fennesz's first solo album since Mahler Remixed [Touch, 2014] and Bécs [Editions Mego, 2014]. Fennesz writes: "Its a simple story. I had temporarily lost a proper studio workspace and had to move all my gear back to a small bedroom in my flat where I recorded this album. It was all done on headphones, which was rather a frustrating situation at first but later on it felt like back in the day when I produced my first records in the 1990s. In the end it was inspiring. I used very minimal equipment; I didn't even have the courage to plug in all the gear and instruments which were at my disposal. I just used what was to hand."
For a no-minimum name-your-price you can download now "Umbrella", a "medley of the 4 album tracks", from Bandcamp:

https://fenneszreleases.bandcamp.com/track/umbrella

Pay something, though!

Old 01.23.2019, 05:07 PM   #59
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Jenny's On The Line's final and official cover art could be NSFW in some quarters (W meaning work and/or wife). You've been warned.

Wow. Is that her? She’s held up really goddamn well.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2019, 06:41 PM   #60
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Wow. Is that her? She’s held up really goddamn well.

And here I was thinking you were gonna post something about Fennesz...

> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth