Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café V
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.06.2016, 01:31 AM   #1021
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
New interview with Anderson fucking Paak on Pitchfork: http://pitchfork.com/features/rising...f-positive-rb/
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2016, 01:45 AM   #1022
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
All I'm saying is that Kendrick has totally destroyed Kanye for me. Very ardent supporter of Mr. West and many nights have been spent arguing his validity. But Kendrick totally took the feel of Pablo and upped it 1000%. Getting hard to defend Kanye after seeing it done the way its supposed to be done by Corn Row Kenny.

By the way, a total lurker here. Always come around to catch new stuff (Vince Staples etc etc). Might contribute more if I feel the urge. Hip hop is the only music coming out nowadays that I care about.

Would love to have an in-depth over view of the Nas discography if anyone's interested.

EDIT: Also I am very interested in Young Thug. I really do see how his delivery is cutting edge but I'm sick of dumb ass raps all about pussy. Maybe he'll listen to To Pimp a Butterfly and drop an actual LP.
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2016, 10:57 AM   #1023
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDom
Would love to have an in-depth over view of the Nas discography if anyone's interested.

you want like a breakdown of each album?
Old 03.06.2016, 11:49 AM   #1024
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah man, we can totally do a Nas thing if you want. Warning: it's not going to be pretty. His discography is all over the place, including some of the best hip hop ever made as well as some of the absolute most disappointing.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2016, 11:58 AM   #1025
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDom
All I'm saying is that Kendrick has totally destroyed Kanye for me. Very ardent supporter of Mr. West and many nights have been spent arguing his validity. But Kendrick totally took the feel of Pablo and upped it 1000%. Getting hard to defend Kanye after seeing it done the way its supposed to be done by Corn Row Kenny.

Hmm. I could waste my entire afternoon replying to this post. But listen man, Kanye and Kendrick aren't eve in the same sport, let alone the same league. Yeah, Kendrick is a more proficient rapper, but that's incredible obvious. Kanye makes exceptional pop music. Kendrick is an exceptional rapper. One doesn't need to cast out the other.

While there are things K can do that Ye cannot, there are more things Ye can do that K cannot (or at least has not) even shown an interest in doing yet. You're entitled to your opinion and all, but I'm a massive fan of both artists and I never feel the need to put one against the other, or even really think about that. Kendrick is going to orchestrate achievements like "Power" or "All of the Lights" and Kanye isn't going to make free jazz albums or work within a singular genre.

And what Kendrick project are you referring to that does TLOP better than TLOP? I'm confused.
Old 03.06.2016, 03:13 PM   #1026
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Yeah man, we can totally do a Nas thing if you want. Warning: it's not going to be pretty. His discography is all over the place, including some of the best hip hop ever made as well as some of the absolute most disappointing.

Now i want to do this to compare my list to yours.
Old 03.06.2016, 04:28 PM   #1027
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah I don't really get the comparsions between Kanye and Kendrick, I've seen those on Twitter too. Completely different artists.
Old 03.06.2016, 05:56 PM   #1028
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Yeah I don't really get the comparsions between Kanye and Kendrick, I've seen those on Twitter too. Completely different artists.

Both incredibly awesome artists that are making the of world hip hop worth living in. But to me they're as different as the Beatles and Bob Dylan.
Old 03.07.2016, 03:48 PM   #1029
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/bankroll...apper-obituary

Bankroll Fresh was shot and killed this weekend. 28 yrs old.
Old 03.07.2016, 04:46 PM   #1030
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/bankroll...apper-obituary

Bankroll Fresh was shot and killed this weekend. 28 yrs old.

Yeah, heard about this. Don't know much about Bankroll Fresh, but it's always sad when this kind of shit happens. Makes me feel like we've learned nothing from '90s. Lil Wayne got shot up, King L took one to the head, and this time some kid is once again dead because of the fucked up, unbreakable affiliation our cherished hip-hop has with gang and drug culture.

Sometimes I think times are changing, other times I feel as though a million Kendrick Lamr laments couldn't change things. Fucking 28. Jesus.
Old 03.08.2016, 09:55 AM   #1031
Severian
invito al cielo

Kanye Wear is done releasing CD's/vinyl/physical music.

According to Pitchfork, Ye posted several tweets to this effect last night, saying "no more CD's from me."

Since I have no qualms with getting my hands on the music by any means necessary, I don't actually mind that much. In fact, maybe this will mean more music in the long run. Not having to worry about packaging, or how critics will respond to the inconsequential shit.

Who knows... Maybe we really will have a new project titled Turbo Grafx 16 as early as this summer.

Anyway, point is: NOISEREDUCTIONS! Listen to TLOP bro! For fuck's sake man, don't hold out for a mind/game change at this point. The fact that Ye deliberately kept his album off Billboard (along with Beyoncé) suggests that this is part of a plan that's already in motion.

Everybody's heard the album but you mang!
Old 03.08.2016, 03:41 PM   #1032
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Yeah, heard about this. Don't know much about Bankroll Fresh, but it's always sad when this kind of shit happens. Makes me feel like we've learned nothing from '90s. Lil Wayne got shot up, King L took one to the head, and this time some kid is once again dead because of the fucked up, unbreakable affiliation our cherished hip-hop has with gang and drug culture.

Sometimes I think times are changing, other times I feel as though a million Kendrick Lamr laments couldn't change things. Fucking 28. Jesus.

shot and killed at recording studio, just like Jam Master Jay.
Old 03.08.2016, 10:53 PM   #1033
noisereductions
invito al cielo

A$AP Ferg - Always Strive And Prosper

NEW ALBUM COMING THIS MONTH
Old 03.08.2016, 10:54 PM   #1034
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Kanye Wear is done releasing CD's/vinyl/physical music.

According to Pitchfork, Ye posted several tweets to this effect last night, saying "no more CD's from me."

Since I have no qualms with getting my hands on the music by any means necessary, I don't actually mind that much. In fact, maybe this will mean more music in the long run. Not having to worry about packaging, or how critics will respond to the inconsequential shit.

Who knows... Maybe we really will have a new project titled Turbo Grafx 16 as early as this summer.

Anyway, point is: NOISEREDUCTIONS! Listen to TLOP bro! For fuck's sake man, don't hold out for a mind/game change at this point. The fact that Ye deliberately kept his album off Billboard (along with Beyoncé) suggests that this is part of a plan that's already in motion.

Everybody's heard the album but you mang!

you know I read that yesterday and shook my head. I've always defended Ye's insanity. But I Feel like he's pushing my buttons for real right now. It's not even about the physical CD's man. It's about the monopoly. YOU HAVE TO SIGN UP FOR THIS ONE SERVICE TO GET THE ALBUM LEGALLY? Fuck that.
Old 03.08.2016, 10:55 PM   #1035
noisereductions
invito al cielo

ps, I do love the Turbo Grafx 16 title. I had one when I was like 13.
Old 03.08.2016, 10:55 PM   #1036
noisereductions
invito al cielo

pps, I wonder if NEC will go after him for copyright infringement haha.
Old 03.08.2016, 11:59 PM   #1037
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
you know I read that yesterday and shook my head. I've always defended Ye's insanity. But I Feel like he's pushing my buttons for real right now. It's not even about the physical CD's man. It's about the monopoly. YOU HAVE TO SIGN UP FOR THIS ONE SERVICE TO GET THE ALBUM LEGALLY? Fuck that.
Same here.
Old 03.09.2016, 12:31 AM   #1038
Severian
invito al cielo

Whatever dudes.
Old 03.09.2016, 01:04 AM   #1039
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions

So, you're mad that he released it on a different service than the one you already use. If it was a Spotify exclusive, I don't think you'd have any problem with this.

Free trial? I have already turned off my tidal renewal and I still have days left of free listening.

Anyway, best to just give up on Kanye, right? He did something you don't like and now you're both just acting like you're done. I appreciate that the situation is less than ideal, but fuck man... There's new music out there from an artist you used to love... What does not listening to it accomplish exactly?

Sorry, I just don't get it. It's new Kanye. Count your blessings that it even exists. I can't fathom waiting a single day to hear a new Kanye project.

Again, I just don't get it.
Old 03.09.2016, 01:13 AM   #1040
Severian
invito al cielo

I know it's ridiculously immature, but I can't help but feel a bit betrayed. I know that's not fair, and I intellectually I know it's not the case. But this thread is a daily stop for me because of you guys, and we've had this bond over Ye forever. Now it's just me, rattling off shit about Kanye out loud to myself, while you guys get excited about Ferg and shit. (No offense to Ferg, but come on)

I feel like the café as I know and love it is dead.
42495051 52 53545562102152 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth