Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SY play at Nightmare Before Xmas ATP UK Dec 4th-6th
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.16.2009, 02:04 AM   #141
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
mr. Blunderbuss got mine, a while ago.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2009, 05:13 AM   #142
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't received mine either. Apparently they don't send them out until the week before in some cases...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2009, 03:31 PM   #143
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
For Thurston's I think it was a case of taking your booking confirmation, and that then got exchanged for the wristbands. Although I think I got my tickets from wegottickets that time - I used Seetickets this time, and they never send their tickets out until about 20 seconds before the event starts.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2009, 06:11 AM   #144
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Final confirmations made. Television Personalities, Gemma Hayes, and The Tyde. My reactions respectively were HELL YEAH!, who? and who?...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
Old 11.23.2009, 06:19 AM   #145
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
fuck what?
they must be kidding.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 11.24.2009, 04:24 AM   #146
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Shit line-up... now let's see if they can come up with a shit time schedule to match it.

It's going to be fun though, ATP always is.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2009, 08:59 AM   #147
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
figure another way to get there then. I want to meet you and have a pint with you, man.

8 quid each way to taunton from London waterloo. Seems like the cheapest way too me.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2009, 09:50 AM   #148
_slavo_
invito al cielo

but Stu is not a Londoner, is he?

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 11.24.2009, 10:16 AM   #149
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

Look, I'm sorry, maybe my expectations are way of for a festival, but this seems a long fucking way from a "shit lineup". I mean sure, it's no ATP New York 2008, but as someone who's only seen SY live once, never seen MBV, never seen Yo La Tengo, never seen Lightning Bolt, ETC, this looks like a damn amazing weekend to me. Even though, sure, there aren't that many "OMG AMAZING" bands there, pretty much all the acts will be enjoyable to see I'm sure, and hell, it's still 3 days of at least decent loud rocking music, in Butlins, which to me is a recipe for awesome under any circumstance. Quit yer bellyaching!
Old 11.24.2009, 10:29 AM   #150
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
but Stu is not a Londoner, is he?

i thought my ears were burning, i'm not a Londoner no, i'm a Suffolker which is about an hour or so from London on train or in a car. 8 quid from London to Taunton does sound very cheap but my friend has had his car fixed and serviced now so we should be ok to drive. Plus all my friends are heavy smokers and i don't think they'd last the train journey without a smoke.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2009, 11:25 AM   #151
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

Sorry, I'm just really looking forward to this and I got a bit sick of so many people moaning about the lineup, which to me is pretty damn fantastic.

On an unrelated note, is the cinema usually awesome?
Old 11.24.2009, 11:42 AM   #152
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
did you get angry?

the danger of shitty time scedule is there and its more serious, because of the few bands we or ok, some of us, really-really want to see. that doesnt mean that any of us going, dont want to go..
i ve been checking out the bands, because many i dont know and really a lot of unintersting things will be taking place. certaintly, we gonna have fun. that has been established. i love that place and its very convenient.

are you coming as well Nefeli?

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2009, 11:56 AM   #153
_slavo_
invito al cielo

looks like there's going to be a massive SYG party taking place in one of the chalets.
I can bring a life-size carton statue of crypto to give the party a proper kick.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 11.24.2009, 12:15 PM   #154
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
Look, I'm sorry, maybe my expectations are way of for a festival, but this seems a long fucking way from a "shit lineup". I mean sure, it's no ATP New York 2008, but as someone who's only seen SY live once, never seen MBV, never seen Yo La Tengo, never seen Lightning Bolt, ETC, this looks like a damn amazing weekend to me. Even though, sure, there aren't that many "OMG AMAZING" bands there, pretty much all the acts will be enjoyable to see I'm sure, and hell, it's still 3 days of at least decent loud rocking music, in Butlins, which to me is a recipe for awesome under any circumstance. Quit yer bellyaching!

oh men, Lightning Bolt live is something amazing, especially if they play in small club. I've seen them twice, second time they played like open air and on stage for like many people, which lost a bit on their live spirit, but it was still cool. first time I've seen them, that was in the small club and it was just blast. I'm so looking forward to see them again, coz it will be rather in small place and indoor. I wonder in which venue of them three they'll be playing. by the way I hope they are not scheduled to play on Sunday. I have to leave on Sunday morning, so I can catch Sonic Youth in Dublin that evening....fingers cross. it would be nice to see time schedule already. I can see ringing in my ears for a few days after this festival. imagine MBV on that main stage, it's not that big, I've seen them in bigger place and they were really loud....uff.

Old 11.24.2009, 12:16 PM   #155
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
looks like there's going to be a massive SYG party taking place in one of the chalets.
I can bring a life-size carton statue of crypto to give the party a proper kick.

hehehe.

I haven't been in non sonic gossip section for ages. how is he? still old good crypto?

Old 11.24.2009, 12:16 PM   #156
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
I have to leave on Sunday morning, so I can catch Sonic Youth in Dublin that evening....fingers cross.

TRAITOR !

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 11.24.2009, 12:25 PM   #157
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
TRAITOR !

c'mon! SY playing their own gig in proper venue (not festival) in my "hometown"? it's been few years since they did it here. that would not be a good idea to miss it. I'd know I'd regret it. ehrmmm, bit of bribery....I might have one spare ticket for a gig....fancy a drink in Ireland on Sunday?

Old 11.25.2009, 04:16 AM   #158
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
c'mon! SY playing their own gig in proper venue (not festival) in my "hometown"? it's been few years since they did it here. that would not be a good idea to miss it. I'd know I'd regret it. ehrmmm, bit of bribery....I might have one spare ticket for a gig....fancy a drink in Ireland on Sunday?

that'd cost me a London-Dublin and Dublin-Bratislava airline ticket as well, wouldn't?
well, unless you don't have a private jet, of course

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 11.25.2009, 12:13 PM   #159
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
my bloody valentine Rehearsal show + Early fest check-in!

my bloody valentine will perform a special warm up rehearsal show at ATP Centre Stage on Thursday 3rd December.

We are allowing fans who have bought tickets to the my bloody valentine curated ATP weekend the special option to check in early from 5pm on Thursday 3rd December to see the warm up show. This means they will get to stay in their chalet that night and wake up at the festival on the morning of the 4th.

The cost is a special deal of Ј11 per head including booking fee. See Tickets will be selling the tickets tomorrow from 12midday.

Tickets are only available on a full chalet basis - so if you have a 2 berth chalet it will cost Ј22, if a 6 berth chalet Ј66. Single tickets unavailable; tickets only available to mbv weekend ticketholders. Please note you can still buy tickets even if you didn't buy your weekend chalet through Seetickets. Tickets will be available on will call- they will not be mailed out.

A very limited amount of tickets will be available from Midday tomorrow - this will be an intimate rehearsal performance; the band may even restart songs and there will be gaps but it will be a full performance, the bar will be open from 7.30am – 2am in Centre stage and BP Fallon will DJ after. There will be no other bands.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2009, 03:17 PM   #160
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
fuckers. booked the cartrain already...
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth