Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page new on Herbal International
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.27.2009, 10:57 PM   #21
gohleekwang
stalker

gohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's asses
We have another new release on Why Not Ltd
Mathias Forge:: Essai

cdR for 6 euros, + shipping.
check out our webpage for more release and information
http://www.whynotltd.tk
Inquiries from shops & distributors welcome.

Check out Herbal Outlet for non-Herbal releases.

cheers,
glk / herbal
gohleekwang is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2009, 05:05 AM   #22
gohleekwang
stalker

gohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's asses
from Vital Weekly 679, a review of ATMEN IM ATOM - ATOM HEART NOISE III

The art work for this is an A4 photocopied sheet wrapped around a CDR. If you folded the sheet so as to insert it in a jewel case then the cover would be the wrong way around. Doris Boeker gets the credit for this, the text also has the caution that the CDr contains extreme Frequencies and unexpected Dynamic Processes. Well it (Track 1) starts in the bass - with a bubbling sounds (custard?) then slowly and predictably moves up the spectrum. Track two is whistles and hisses and crashes with reverb - as opposed to rhubarb. The other tracks continue in this industrial vein - with the occasional high pitched noises but never more than 22khz (which would be something?) Not that its particularly relevant but the worst/best thing on Audio CDs is fairly fixed high DC offsets - which can in some cases burn out speakers. (jliat)

cdR for 6 euros, + shipping.
check out our webpage for more release and information
http://www.herbalinternational.tk/

Check out Herbal Outlet for non-Herbal releases.

cheers,
glk / herbal
Old 05.30.2009, 05:14 AM   #23
gohleekwang
stalker

dEAR friends,

Not so long ago Why Not Ltd make 30 releases. and it is 4 years old from the month i make the first Why Not cdR, so i thought maybe it is about time to make a full stop. This thing was in my mind for a few days and finally i think it is a good idea. So now i will call Why Not Ltd a stop.

The web domain (http://www.whynotltd.tk) will still remain, the web server (geocities) will not continue by the end of the year, a proper documentation of Why Not releases will relocate somewhere elses (most possible klingt.org) as soon as i have time to make a better presentation.

Most titles from 2007 onward are still available.

cheers, glk

ps: as most friends would have guess, i will come back with a new cdR label, demo submission is still open

pps: Herbal will have 2 new release in the summer!
Old 06.05.2009, 11:26 PM   #24
gohleekwang
stalker

A review of Jean-Luc Guionnet NON-ORGANIC BIAS
available on Bagatellen
http://www.bagatellen.com/?p=2366

double cd, 18euros + shipping.
worldwide FREE postage for single order more then 25Eur.

Visit our webpage for more releases and information

cheers,
glk / herbal
Old 06.10.2009, 09:35 PM   #25
gohleekwang
stalker

Old 07.08.2009, 11:46 PM   #26
gohleekwang
stalker

Old 08.20.2009, 05:14 AM   #27
gohleekwang
stalker

Old 09.23.2009, 11:23 PM   #28
gohleekwang
stalker

a very nice review of Beequeen's Time Waits For No One available on Monsieur Delire
http://blog.monsieurdelire.com/2009/...cademy-la.html

Paru à l’origine en 1994, réédité par Herbal International en 2008. Je n’avais pas entendu ce disque à sa sortie originale, et maintenant je comprends très bien qu’on ait ressenti le besoin de le rééditer. C’est, à la base, un excellent Beequeen, mais c’est surtout un disque qui, en 1992-1993 (période de sa composition), était singulièrement en avance sur son époque. Frans de Waard et Freek Kinkelaar ont concocté un album d’électronica expérimentale avant la lettre, dont on sent encore les origines industrielles. Time Waits for No One mérite le statut de classique du genre, au même titre que les premiers Pan Sonic ou Endless Summer de Fennesz.

First released in 1994, reissued by Herbal International in 2008. I hadn’t heard this upon its release, but now I know why someone felt it had to be reissued. To start with, it’s an excellent Beequeen album, but more important, this record was surprisingly ahead of its time back in 1992-1993 (when it was composed). Frans de Waard and Freek Kinkelaar brewed up an experimental electronica album before the term was coined, and you can still hear the Industrial lineage of this music. Time Waits for No One deserves a “classic” status, just as the first few Pan Sonic albums or Fennesz’s Endless Summer. - François Couture -

CD for 12 euros, cdR for 6 euros, + shipping.

cheers,
glk / herbal
Old 11.02.2009, 11:29 PM   #29
gohleekwang
stalker

A review of Goh Lee Kwang's GOOD VIBRATIONS

Heathen Harvest
This new CD from Malaysian maestro Goh Lee Kwang, Good Vibrations is a five-song buzz of one 15-minute, two 20 minute and two nine minute tracks that all slip into one another seamlessly.

It’s hard to figure out what exactly, if anything, Goh is trying to get across. My guess is that it was a labor of love, something he wanted to put out there that is so unique there’s nothing like it on the map. That is, unless you have a habit where you tune your radio to frequencies that are between stations and you get that static and noise, beeping, high-pitched sounds that, played loud enough, will pierce your ears.

According to his bio on his MySpace page, Goh focuses on “various possibilities of both natural sound and recorded sound, crossing the boundaries of digital and analog, electronic and acoustic, go[ing] beyond language, allowing audiences to experience the work directly and in their own personal way.” Besides dabbling in creating unusual and original sound works, Goh has also created sound installations, interactive sound & vision installations, single- and multi-channel videos, etc, not to mention soundtracks for various theater pieces, dance performances and scores for independent films as well.

You’ll probably have a hard time trying to find the multi-media pieces that Goh’s created if you live in the US because his multi-media works are most prominent in Asia as well as Europe.

Basically, Goh is a multi-talented, multi-media cat who has a vivid imagination, seeing as that’s where he spends a lot of time getting ideas and inspiration; if you’ve been lucky enough to see any of his live shows you’d understand more of what’s going on here. Most of the shows are done at Museums/Galleries around the world and each sensation is driven by or augmented by another - that is, the minimalist soundscapes, the video installations as well as the interactive shows he sets up with an audio/visual sensation to it. The venues at which Goh brings all these disparate ideas become realized are perfectly suited to the vibe(s) they evoke - in other words, his performances don’t belong in some football stadium or a smoky, raging club full of McFisters who just want to drink more beer and smash up everything. This is high-brow stuff and it may be too bad that one would have to go to a snobby Euro-Art-bar to check it out. Myself, I’d be hip to seeing one of his installations in Bangkok or Macau, exotic destinations that would bring to life Goh’s subconscious even more.

So, while you ponder Good Vibrations and are scratching your head, trying to figure it out, just close your eyes and think of hallucinogenic video loops and many colors flitting, bouncing off the walls and such.
- Blond Adonis

CD for 12 euros, + shipping.

cheers,
glk / herbal

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth