Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Band of horses
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.09.2007, 10:45 AM   #1
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
an amzing thread dedicated to an amzing band

Old 08.09.2007, 10:45 AM   #2
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
Band of horses
Achieving musical transcendence is a tricky feat, almost definitively. If it happens at all, it happens naturally and perhaps nobody knows that better than Seattle, Washingtons Band of Horses. Guitarist/vocalist Ben Bridwell and guitarist Mat Brooke formed Band of Horses in 2004, after the dissolution of their nearly ten-year run in northwest melancholic darlings Carissas Wierd. Carissas Wierd trafficked in sadly beautiful orchestral pop, whose songs told unflinching stories of heartbreak and loss, leavened with defeatist humor. And, Band of Horses rises from the ashes of that well-loved band. After playing music with each other for over a decade, Bridwell and Brooke picked up together again when Bridwell began fleshing out his compositions post-Carissas. It was really just a natural thing we started doing, explains Bridwell. Buoyed by Bridwells warm, reverb-heavy vocals (which strangely channel a dichotomous blend of Wayne Coyne, Brian Wilson and Doug Martsch,) Band of Horses woodsy, dreamy songs ooze with amorphous tension, longing and hope. At times raggedly epic (The Great Salt Lake) and delicately pensive (St. Augustine, Monsters), Everything All the Time is an album painted gorgeously in fragile highs and lows.
^stole this from there myspace^

ne ways i realy like them just got into them they sound sorta like 764 hero/coldplay. Anyone listen to them
Old 08.09.2007, 10:48 AM   #3
sarramkrop

An average post dedicated to an average band.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2007, 10:57 AM   #4
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sorry if i dont reach your high end standards shithead. thank god for the ignore option
Old 08.09.2007, 11:02 AM   #5
sarramkrop

Can you see this post?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2007, 11:04 AM   #6
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
I read the thread title as Band of Susans.

What a disappointment when I looked within .
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2007, 02:47 PM   #7
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, band of susans is way better.

band of horses is a boring band who can play and sing competently enough. that's about it.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2007, 02:52 PM   #8
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

alright thanks if anyone else would like to insult me and the band i just got into go ahead and knock yr socks off
Old 08.09.2007, 03:14 PM   #9
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks. They smell like poo and can't dance for toffee.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2007, 03:21 PM   #10
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

thats the last straw

now you will die
Old 08.09.2007, 10:55 PM   #11
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
i think it was after their recent mccarren pool gig that someone wittily called them "band of horse-shit".

honestly though, this band is not that good. if you want something good in this genre, id recommend my morning jacket.
Georgekrz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth