Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page GOO (the 180g vs Box Set LPS)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.02.2013, 09:16 PM   #1
Dr Chocolate
children of satan

Dr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's asses
just wondering if anyone out there would happen to have both of them. and has noticed if either one sounds better then the other.

i was thinking of hopefully being able to order one of the 180's in of it, but i'm wondering. what does it sound like? because, i'm worried that it's going to end up sounding crapped out because of cramming the grooves together too close too one another.

comparing a double sided album to a 3 sided album has got to have quite the few pro's and con's to it i would assume.

my stereo aint what i would call the greatest hunk of shit in the world, but it does the job. i'm not into all that hi-fi end of the shit. i just want to know if the album sounds like shit or not.

just curious,
some asshat from canada, eh?
Old 05.03.2013, 01:25 AM   #2
Gerrystumbaugh
little trouble girl

Gerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's assesGerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's assesGerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's assesGerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's assesGerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's assesGerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's assesGerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's assesGerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's assesGerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's assesGerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's assesGerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's asses
well, for me, the 4xlp box is pretty essential, if just for the extra material.

which 180 gram pressing are you referring to? ORG did some pretty great pressings of confusion/sister/evol over the past few years, but I think the only way to get GOO at the moment on LP is the 4lp box...(which sounds great to me)

there was that mofi pressing back in the late 90's.....but I sold mine years ago to pay the rent during a particularly shitty month....
Gerrystumbaugh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2013, 05:27 AM   #3
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
I think they should reissue Goo as the "All Wheat No Chaffe Editon" 10inch EP with this tracklisting:

1. Tunic
2. Mote
3. Disappearer
4. Mildred Pierce
5. Cinderella's Big Score
6. Titanium Expose

Although maybe I'd change the order of the songs around.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2013, 11:46 AM   #4
Dr Chocolate
children of satan

Dr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's assesDr Chocolate kicks all y'all's asses
it was part of that BACK IN BLACK series that was cranked out
http://www.backtoblackvinyl.com/viny..._Youth-Goo.php
Old 05.03.2013, 11:54 AM   #5
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I can only compare the Goo box set to the Goo CD and cassette, I never owned GOO in any LP format until the box set. The box set sounds AMAZINg compared to the cassette and CD. Much fuller sound. The bass is much clearer, and the tone is delicious.
Old 05.04.2013, 01:54 AM   #6
dasx
children of satan

dasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's asses
I have them both but I haven't listen to 180g version for a long time. I think 4LP box is better though, 'cause original album is divided into three sides instead of two.
dasx is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2013, 12:10 AM   #7
Gerrystumbaugh
little trouble girl

Gerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's assesGerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's assesGerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's assesGerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's assesGerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's assesGerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's assesGerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's assesGerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's assesGerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's assesGerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's assesGerrystumbaugh kicks all y'all's asses
`^this
Gerrystumbaugh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth