Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page What gigs are you going to in the coming months?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.30.2013, 10:24 PM   #1481
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Finally got my tickets for SubhumanS, though at the Glasshouse instead of in LA.. all the other shows didn't fall through, couldn't get any partners in crime. My sister is motivated to the SubhumanS, so we're rolling!!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2013, 03:06 PM   #1482
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
maybe Eugene Chadbourne this weekend
maybe Ikue MOri at the Stone next week
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2013, 03:19 PM   #1483
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I'm a little disappointed because I can't rally any other brothers of mine to go the the SubhumanS show, and I can't go in the pit solo, its not safe. You should never get into the pit at a punk show if you came solo, shit can go totally wrong. Its like starting a bar fight without any friends there. Shit can go terribly wrong in a hurry. So even though I haven't been in a good pit in several years, and I am DYING to get my pit on, I'm going to have to be wiser here, based on my experience in the past in several gutter punk mosh pits, and sit this one out.

Pits are NOT inherently violent, angry, or dangerous, but there is a natural danger in jumping into a sweaty, tightened circle of people flailing elbows around. If you accidentally get hit, people will help you up, but still, its best to have a tag-team. I've never had an incident which required a brawl or a fight from the pit, indeed the pit is generally all elbows and love, but you should have some backup even if just to help you up if you get knocked around a bit. Safety first. Sucks though. I did jump into the pit solo last time, and it was alright, but I didn't get the fullest experience like I do when we jump into the pit with a crew of five or six dudes to manhandle the pit and dominate. Plus, in LA there is always one asshole who heard they fight at punk shows, and he is throwing punches in the pit, sometimes you have to throw a few back at those assholes to remind them fighting is reserved for the parking lot, not the pit

Old 11.03.2013, 09:28 AM   #1484
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Anna Calvi
Old 11.06.2013, 10:57 AM   #1485
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SubhumanS was INTENSE. One of the best punk shows ever, and I've seen these dudes like 10 times! The pit was epic, but all love and elbows. In fact, the entire crowd devolved into a pitting frenzy of jostling bodies, sweaty rage, and punk-filled love! Our community is so misunderstood from the outside looking in, but we are a love filled community. I used kick it with nothing but chaos punks, and we wasted too much time getting into brawls and fights, causing chaos. It was so fucking nice to go to a punk show without my chaos homiez, just me and my sister and her friends, and we had a blast. They played ALL the songs, a perfect blend of the old classics we all want to sing along with and the new songs from Internal Riot album. I'm batter, bruised, with no voice whatsoever, and completely blissed and ecstatic!

And Dick, after thirty solid years, WILL YOU EVER
WEAR A T-SHIRT WITH A FUCKING COLLAR??

I hope the fuck not

Old 11.06.2013, 01:34 PM   #1486
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
u:mack are bringing the orb to Dublin on their 25th anniversary tour to play
"The Orb's Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld" & "UFORB" (Live)

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2013, 01:02 AM   #1487
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses
~might~ go to mv&ee on tuesday. they are playing on a boat!
pony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2013, 08:16 AM   #1488
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Magik Markers on Wednesday
Wolf Eyes next Monday

Then in December Ghedalia Tazartes, MV & EE, and Goat
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2013, 02:55 PM   #1489
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Should I go see Alejandro Escovedo & Peter Buck?
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2013, 03:04 PM   #1490
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
^ Is there a reason to not go?

MONO is playing tomorrow....they're pretty neat....but sometimes I get incredibly bored with post rock stuff sometimes.....ehhh fuck it. I'll probably go...I have nothing else better to do.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2013, 03:27 PM   #1491
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
saw Blues Control Tues, pretty good stuff!

http://vimeo.com/55942363
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2013, 03:49 PM   #1492
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

saw Anthony B last weekend. Missed Barrington Levy last night cuz I have to go to work and the dancehall ends way to late for all that, this was the year I finally decided to stop dragging my ass to work on a paltry hour and a half of sleep and instead do the grown up thing and skip the show. Of course, I can't be entirely boring, I still go to shows on work nights so long as I can be tucked into bed by 2AM on the dot, which dancehalls aside tends to work out just fine.

Dec 1 Groundation at the El Rey, hoping to find a partner in crime to get to the Lee Ranaldo show Dec 13, shit its a friday so I may just take the Metro

Old 11.22.2013, 12:33 PM   #1493
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
MONO is playing tomorrow....they're pretty neat....but sometimes I get incredibly bored with post rock stuff sometimes.....ehhh fuck it. I'll probably go...I have nothing else better to do.
did you go? Just wondering whether they're playing some new songs already. I love Mono, the first time I saw them I didn't know them yet. Just had my eyes closed all the time and enjoyed it immensely. People around me thought I fell asleep and kept poking me in the back though....
Didn't like their latest album so much, but live those songs were so good.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2013, 11:58 AM   #1494
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony
~might~ go to mv&ee on tuesday. they are playing on a boat!
turns out this wasn't last week... it's this week!
going cause "it's a date"
Old 11.25.2013, 12:26 PM   #1495
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
did you go? Just wondering whether they're playing some new songs already. I love Mono, the first time I saw them I didn't know them yet. Just had my eyes closed all the time and enjoyed it immensely. People around me thought I fell asleep and kept poking me in the back though....
Didn't like their latest album so much, but live those songs were so good.

I did! But I could not tell you if anything they played was new. I'm not familiar with all of their catalog(I'm new to them). But I really enjoyed the show.

ANyways...a bit excited for next month. Noveller, Grouper, and TV Ghost(not together) are playing!
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2013, 03:14 PM   #1496
pony
the end of the ugly

saw disappears last night
friday i'm gonna see retrovirus in austria IF the trains are running. stupid storm
Old 12.04.2013, 05:35 PM   #1497
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Dum Dum Girls - December 14th

Bo Ningen - New Years Eve at Cafe OTO!

Stephen Malkmus - January 2014

Vibracathedral Orchestra - February 2014

Thurston Moore - February 2014

Thurston Moore, Dylan Nyoukis, Phil Minton, Moshi Honen, Sharon Gal, Steve Noble and Alex Ward - March 2014

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2013, 06:39 PM   #1498
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Saw Ghedalia Tazartes on Monday, it was good.

Wished I'd gone to see MV & EE tonight but couldn't as I had to be home to help my new housemate move in.

I think my gig year for 2013 might be done.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2013, 06:59 PM   #1499
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels

Wished I'd gone to see MV & EE tonight but couldn't as I had to be home to help my new housemate move in.

I think my gig year for 2013 might be done.

They were GREAT. I saw Thurston Moore walking around in the crowd. Matt Valentine hi-fived him when they finished playing. I enjoyed Ghedalia Tazartes on Monday too.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2013, 02:19 AM   #1500
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels

I really wanted to go too, I didn't because I've been ill for over 2 weeks now and I think it's partly because of all the gigs I've gone to (driving to London and back constantly fucked me up)... EDIT: I had/have glandular fever

This has been my best year ever for gigs. I saw Thurston Moore 21 times, Body/Head and Lee Ranaldo twice, The Thing 3 times, Acid Mothers twice, Dinosaur Jr twice, Fushitsusha, Mainliner, Selvhenter, Jooklo Duo, Jandek, Lau Nau, Wolf Eyes and many more.... I can't wait for Bo Ningen at OTO on New Years Eve!

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

Last edited by stu666 : 12.09.2013 at 03:47 PM.
stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
65727374 75 76777885 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth