Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Do you think you're ugly?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.19.2009, 04:14 PM   #21
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Well I ain't pretty...

afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2009, 04:15 PM   #22
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
Well I ain't pretty...

BUT THE POINT IS...

ARE YOU UGLY?!

FUCK NO.

Better_Than_You is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2009, 04:17 PM   #23
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I doubt the Mylanta in the back does much for my image either...
Old 05.19.2009, 04:21 PM   #24
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsygrrl
This is sort of about the Susan Boyle appearance on the dumb-ass show American Idol. She sure as hell had the last laugh.

are we talking the britian thing?? not the american thing?? cause i saw the original video for that on youtube a few weeks ago and it was fucking disgusting. if it was some ugly guy, sure he'd get shit.. but i doubt the camera people and hosts would spend 5-10 minutes spelling out, 'HOW COULD YOU HAVE TALENT, YOU'RE FUCKING UGLY!! HAHAHAHAH LETS LAUGH AT THIS UGLY PEICE OF WORK!!! HAHAHAHHAHA" if it was a male. Females, have it rough when being depicted in the media and HUGE KUDOS to that woman for saying, 'i may be sore AS FUCK on the eyes but look at how pretty my voice is.'

still though. all of those people in that audience looked like immature cunts. like a bunch of fucking middle schoolers pointing and laughing at some retarded kid.

ugh. made me wanna vomit.

and the worst thing about this, is that this is prime time television.. society claims to care so much about teaching respect and equality to our children, and we've got shit like that being shown to them on a daily basis.

Television makes me fucking sick.

Old 05.19.2009, 04:25 PM   #25
afterthefact
invito al cielo

It is messed up to think that because somebody is ugly, we should assume that they are no good at anything. It also goes the other way around. If some chick walks into the American Idol audition room and she is all fixed up like some fake Hollywood hooker-looking Spears/Aguillara wannabe, than everyone assumes she is going to be good, and are shocked when *gasp* SHE CAN'T SING AND HAS BEEN GETTING BY, NOT ON CERTAIN SKILLS SHE POSSESSES, BUT PURELY ON LOOKS! WHO KNEW!
Old 05.19.2009, 04:59 PM   #26
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
woah afterthefact, for one second you reminded me of a classmate. you don't look alike but have the same look in your eyes.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2009, 05:05 PM   #27
sarramkrop

Quote:
It is messed up to think that because somebody is ugly, we should assume that they are no good at anything. It also goes the other way around. If some chick walks into the American Idol audition room and she is all fixed up like some fake Hollywood hooker-looking Spears/Aguillara wannabe, than everyone assumes she is going to be good, and are shocked when *gasp* SHE CAN'T SING AND HAS BEEN GETTING BY, NOT ON CERTAIN SKILLS SHE POSSESSES, BUT PURELY ON LOOKS! WHO KNEW!

It works both ways, though. It's true that a nice looking person might not always be the most interesting, but in saying that there is also a certain sentimental way in which people generally tend to portray those blessed with less than Adonis-like looks, and it smacks of patronising hypocrisy. The truth is always in the middle.

Besides, people who have some sort of physical deficiency can be just as irritating when they go on about what they should be doing about their looks as those who have the good genes.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2009, 05:06 PM   #28
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
1. yeah.
2. most of the time, no.
3. it depends... it always depends. what looks ugly on one person doesn't on someone else. i mean, there's some fuckin' universal ugly though...
4. yeah.
5. not especially.
6. yeah. a bit.
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2009, 05:07 PM   #29
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Well I ain't pretty...

Just grow a beard and you'll be a pretty strappin' young man
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2009, 05:17 PM   #30
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by automatic bzooty
1. yeah.
2. most of the time, no.
3. it depends... it always depends. what looks ugly on one person doesn't on someone else. i mean, there's some fuckin' universal ugly though...
4. yeah.
5. not especially.
6. yeah. a bit.

j00 ain't ugly....just a douchebag...in one picture.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2009, 05:39 PM   #31
Kegmama
empty page

Kegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's asses
Hi Artsy! How are you chick?!

1. Do you think you are ugly?
Not ugly, but not hot. I think I am prettier when I am skinnier.

2. If you do, do you give a flyin fuk?
I like to feel good about myself, but don't give a fuck what other people think really.

3. Define ugly in terms of physical appearance and/or the person within.
There are many kinds of ugly. I think an ugly attitude is more off-putting then an ugly face. Unless they are really fugly, you know those kind of people that it sort of hurts to look at?!

4. Do you judge a book by it's cover?
Not usually. I tend to judge people by their actions.

5. Do you feel sympathy for someone you perceive as very ugly?
I feel sympathy for everyone.

6. Do feel a bit jealous when you see someone you perceive as more attractive than you?
Not jealous, more pissed. Ha.

Kegmama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2009, 05:44 PM   #32
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
People tell me I'm not... so I take their word.

Heh.

They are bland and plain looking. Most of the girls I'm attracted to look... unique. Not WEIRD looking, but unique.

Sometimes.

Maybe... as they aren't given the same chances as someone who is perceived as pretty.

6. Do feel a bit jealous when you see someone you perceive as more attractive than you?
Not at all.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2009, 06:57 PM   #33
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
1. Yep
2. No
3. inside, very inconsiderate, rude, dont care about others (thats not me), physical.. um usually just how they make themselves look
4. no
5. sometimes
6. not really, as long as I'm happy with people in my life
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2009, 07:11 PM   #34
NaiveMelody
stalker

NaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's asses
1. Do you think you are ugly? I don't think I am the most unattractive person in the world, nor am I the most aestetically pleasing. We all notice our faults the most I suppose. My skin is probably my biggest current insecurity. I was recently diagnosed with rosacea and the three medications I am on (as part of the clearing process) is making it flare up pretty bad. All in all, I'm ok.

2. If you do, do you give a flyin fuk? N/A

3. Define ugly in terms of physical appearance and/or the person within. Ugly to me is more-so who yuo are as a person. But there are a few things that I just don't find attractive physically. Thats kind of a personal, not a universal thing. Mostly the person within is the more universal beauty.

4. Do you judge a book by it's cover? I'm sure we probably all do this at one point or another, but for the most part I don't or try not to.

5. Do you feel sympathy for someone you perceive as very ugly? A bit usually, yes.

6. Do feel a bit jealous when you see someone you perceive as more attractive than you? Once again, I think this is a universal gut-reaction. But that has waned as age has come. I usually try and get to know who they are as a person.
Old 05.19.2009, 09:08 PM   #35
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
No. I think I am a little bit better than average, though I am unhappy with my body sometimes, which is getting better. I've lost some weight and have been exercising more regularly.

If I did, I probably would a little, but there wouldn't be much I could do about it.

Ugly really is hard to define. Obviously it is something that one finds unattractive, but this varies for all people. As for the person within, I have to say that there are not ugly people, only annoying ones.

Unfortunately yes. Sometimes I see someone and think "he looks like a douche bag." But I do have to put a little stock in my gut reactions to people.

Sure, but not too much.

Hell yeah.
Old 05.19.2009, 09:13 PM   #36
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveMelody
I was recently diagnosed with rosacea and the three medications I am on (as part of the clearing process) is making it flare up pretty bad. All in all, I'm ok.

oh, dude.

totally empathetic here. i was on acne medication for the longest time and, sure, it got rid of the acne but it made my skin MUSH. i don't know how rosacea works, but it for me i learned the hard way that its better just to let acne take its course and hopefully it'll clear up on its own.

Old 05.19.2009, 09:23 PM   #37
NaiveMelody
stalker

NaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's assesNaiveMelody kicks all y'all's asses
Rosacea isn't acne, although the two can accompany each other and the medicines are similar. Acne has to do with bacteria causing a flare up and is can cleared up. Rosacea is a skin disease. It has inflamations that look similar to acne, but has many other characteristics as well. I will be preety extreme medicine for the rest of my life. Check out pictures of people who have progressed rosacea - its not pretty.

My skin hasn't been clear since I was a teenager and I have always taken very good care of it. Now I know why. The medicine seems like it may be starting to help things. But with any facial medication - the rule of thub is that it will get worse before it gets better. And you r skin regenirative cycle is 30 days, so you should never discontinue a skin regimine your are trying before a month, but really 3 months at the earliest is when you may be starting to see results.

The newwest medication I'm on makes my skin feel like someone is pouring burning acid on my face for 5 minutes. Oh a nd My skin is all flaky and dry. But my skin will adjust to it and it shoul dbe fine.

But thanks for the sympathies. Muchos gracias.

Wow. That kinda sounded like a facial-care lecture. Ahem. Sorry.

I am cursed with skin-care issues (yes, I have more I could talk about, lol), but blessed with a great dermatologist.
Old 05.19.2009, 09:24 PM   #38
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
1. Do you think you are ugly? No.

Long, long ago I worried I was unattractive. Even in those awkward teenage days, I didn't think I was "ugly" though.

Burn victims are not physically attractive, though that's of course a tragedy. Beauty within has to do with being a "good" person, and "good" is just as hard to define as beauty, but we all know what it means.

I'm seriously trying to be less judgmental in general. Just agreed with my therapist an hour ago that I'm succeeding and don't need to schedule a return visit at the moment. However, sure all the time, I make an opinion based on what I see first. I'd be a liar if I said otherwise, though a good looking liar. It's rarely the only opinion I make though, unless of course, I never read the book.

Burn victims, yes definitely, assholes, no not at all.

Yes, but it's always women. I can't think of a male I think is more attractive than me, but I find many women to be so, and wish I could be like them. When I was drunk with my wife in the strip club she had just started working at (on her night off), I told her, "You're the girl I've always wanted to be!" and we both realized this was entirely true.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2009, 09:26 PM   #39
NaiveMelody
stalker

Info on Rosacea that can inform you better than my silly ramblings.

http://www.rosacea.org/index.php
Old 05.19.2009, 09:27 PM   #40
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
my religion prevents me from reveling in vanity.

the rest of you sinners are going to hell.

have a nice day.

floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth