Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Top 100 funny christian quotes
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.18.2008, 12:20 PM   #101
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what the fuck is "eternity"?

It's an aftershave you smelly fucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 12:24 PM   #102
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice

i thought so. does god rule over it?

anyway

Quote:
Religion is certainly flawed, but that does not mean that science is without its difficulties (anyone with a passing awareness of Popper, Feyerabend, Lakatos etc will know what I mean here).

that' a false dichotomy right there. "but science"? what's the relation? they are 2 different things.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 12:27 PM   #103
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i thought so. does god rule over it?

anyway

that' a false dichotomy right there. "but science"? what's the relation? they are 2 different things.

That's a fair point - I'm pretty sure that false dichotomies are not immediately logically improper though. And besides which, we're dealing in rhetoric here, survival of the most slippery.

There's a relationship; terse, but present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 12:27 PM   #104
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

because science is another organized religion.

....in that it requires blind faith in the scientific method and belief in the superiority of empirical evidence and precludes the validity of other investigative methods and certain types of knowledge...

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 12:32 PM   #105
sarramkrop

Quote:

How do you pull an internet spazz-face when someone says something spazz-like? You know the one, when someone has their lips jammed and they can't spit out what they are trying to say.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 12:32 PM   #106
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
That's a fair point - I'm pretty sure that false dichotomies are not immediately logically improper though. And besides which, we're dealing in rhetoric here, survival of the most slippery.

There's a relationship; terse, but present.

hmphphphhmmm...

sophist!

fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash

new-age postmodern fool
Old 01.18.2008, 12:38 PM   #107
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
...oh, like the poststructuralists aren't prone to rhetoric and sophistry...

slippery relationship; terse but present? ...sounds more like derrida than protagoras to me.

Old 01.18.2008, 12:41 PM   #108
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i want my money back
Old 01.18.2008, 12:48 PM   #109
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

....in that it requires blind faith in the scientific method and belief in the superiority of empirical evidence and precludes the validity of other investigative methods and certain types of knowledge...

sorry, but this is the single stupidest most ignorant ting on the board all day

if science really depended on blind accpetance and belief of the scientific method then why do refridgerators work? why does incandescent lighting work? why does flouresecent lighting work? why does nuclear fusion work? why does space travel work? How come the scientific method works whether or not the scientist BELIEVES IT WILL? why do scientists seek to prove their hypothesis wrong instead of right?

so IGNORANT. "other investigative methods and certain type sof knowledge" are NOT in the realm of science, nor does science ever claim it is. keep on feding yourself yr bullshit man!!!!

ridiculous!
Old 01.18.2008, 12:49 PM   #110
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

Quote:

Old 01.18.2008, 12:58 PM   #111
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I don't pretend to know what Eternity is, but one thing is clear to myself. And that one thing is that Eternity was the state of our universe before the Big Bang and will once again be the "state" of the universe after the Big Crunch. As for the now, it's a very mystical enterprise haha, but as the poets remind, eternity is in every moment.
Using mathematics, one can endlessly bisect one second of time forever. Let's look at an analogy involving geometry. Imagine a line with a point A and point B. If a team of researchers decided to keep splitting the distance from point A to a new point halfway inbetween A and B, they could pass this task down to endless generations, and still never reach point A.

As to God, the unconscious, which, as I already proffered, knows everything, is the wellspring that has been tapped into for our entire history that has produced art and science, and our cultures. True art has a certain "aesthetic" (a word, which like all these other concepts, is nearly impossible to fully define), and is more than simply a sum of its parts and processes. Fine art or sound science have a visionary aspect. Essentially, poo-pooing God is like taking a big shit on Art.
And although it's certainly true that a lot of bad art (most "art") comes from the contrivances of the human ego, Art finds its origins in the degree of connectiveness to the unconscious (both individual and collective), to natural law, to God.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 12:59 PM   #112
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
"other investigative methods and certain type sof knowledge" are NOT in the realm of science, nor does science ever claim it is.

you just said the same thing i was saying... that certain types of knowledge (and not necessarily esoteric mysticism... something as simple as aesthetics or poetics) are NOT in the realm of science, AND science explicitly preculdes their validity.

all i am saying is that, true i was exaggerating by claiming that the scientific metohd requires faith to work, but... scientific inquiry will yield scientific knowledge, paranormal inquiry will yield paranormal knowledge, psychoanalytic inquiry will yield psychoanalytic knowledge... that's all...

Old 01.18.2008, 01:01 PM   #113
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
the Big Crunch

unless the total force of gravity overcomes the total force of dark energy, this will never happen.

as it stands, everything is red-shifting faster and faster.

some day, the only stars in the sky will belong to the milky way.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 01:02 PM   #114
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

Quote:
As to God, the unconscious, which, I already stated, knows everything, is the wellspring tapped into ...
lot of bad art comes from the human ego, true, but Art finds its origins in connections to the unconscious, to God.

are you saying God lies in the Freudian unconscious, or referring to Platonic anamnesis, or both?

Old 01.18.2008, 01:08 PM   #115
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I don't pretend to know what Eternity is, but one thing is clear to myself. And that one thing is that Eternity was the state of our universe before the Big Bang and will once again be the state of the universe after the Big Crunch.

pictures or it didn't happen

Quote:
As to God, the unconscious, which, I already stated, knows everything, is the wellspring tapped into for our entire history that has producted art and culture. That's were it comes from. It doesn't come out of thin air. Again, nothing is supernatural, and the term itself is a misnomer arising out of so-called "unknowns." Essentially, poo-pooing God is like taking a big shit on Art.
lot of bad art comes from the human ego, true, but Art finds its origins in connections to the unconscious, to God.

so your unconscious knows everything huh?

it's a nice personal theology you've built yourself there with bits and pieces of jung and plato and mystical scienticism, and i'm glad if it helps you in your travels, but when you prophesize in such grandiose tones i can't help to giggle. we don't know fuck about "before" the big bang or if there was such thing as "before". we just don't know.

and the unconscious schmonscious.

we know very little about anything, and shouldn't need to use grandiose fantasies as a mental crutch, but as it happens we seem to have an instinct for it and some people need it more than others. fine..
Old 01.18.2008, 01:10 PM   #116
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

Quote:
pictures or it didn't happen.

Old 01.18.2008, 01:13 PM   #117
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

ha ha ha ha.

damn...
Old 01.18.2008, 01:16 PM   #118
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
pictures or it didn't happen

http://hubblesite.org/
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 01:17 PM   #119
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly

BEFORE. BEFORE. BEFORE.

this board sometimes...
Old 01.18.2008, 01:20 PM   #120
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

lol @ cosmic images in braille... one time at the moma, i noticed they had the painting titles in braille... so i asked a museum guard if they let blind people touch the paintings after they read the title. he said no. ....seems like kind of tease...

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth