Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page what are you listening to?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.30.2015, 12:36 PM   #47001
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Aaron Dilloway - All Of Them Spies

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2015, 01:08 PM   #47002
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i've been bingeing on a lot of prog rock lately so finally it's a huge relief of sorts to be playing this:

which needs no comment. but so much fun!

==

@ bytor - how is that aaron dilloway? esp. compared vs. wolf eyes?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2015, 02:47 PM   #47003
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
how is that aaron dilloway? esp. compared vs. wolf eyes?

It's more atmospheric with solid tones.....drone-ish at times with manipulation. A live performance that's forgettable, yet very enjoyable.

Not the beats driven distortion as the Wolfe Eyes releases I'm familiar with.
Old 06.30.2015, 03:27 PM   #47004
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for that! It's definitely growing on me. I was initially a bit put off by just how 80s a lot of the production sounds but I'm starting to hear past that now. And I was just a little concerned that I might be judging them on an album that doesn't really represent them. For some reason I thought they'd be far more extreme. More like Whitehouse. Not sure why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
'Horse Rotorvator' is a Coil classic!

"The Anal Staircase" is probably the best opening track to any Coil album, spawning this EP

For my money, John Balance's voice sounds the best on this release. The album is also full of oddities that grow on you with every listen.

Scatology and Loves Secret Domain (LSD) are probably the other two most popular Coil proper releases......How To Destroy Angels and The Unreleased Themes From Hellraiser are both instrumental albums that are not to be skipped!

You're correct in assuming that Coil has changed it's direction over time......and in my opinion, 'Horse Rotorvator' is a great place to start.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2015, 04:22 PM   #47005
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

rebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's asses
back from the grave - vol.1. rocking it on my pod today while sanding floors. good summertime stuff and taking some hydros because I slipped in the bathroom last week and broke a rib, I think, because it still hurts.
rebeccagotcursedout is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2015, 05:50 PM   #47006
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccagotcursedout
back from the grave - vol.1. rocking it on my pod today while sanding floors. good summertime stuff and taking some hydros because I slipped in the bathroom last week and broke a rib, I think, because it still hurts.

you "think" you broke a rib? and your "doctor" gave you a "prescription" without an "exam" or "x-rays"?

oh, hillbilly medicine!

don't you georgios get obamacare??
Old 06.30.2015, 06:08 PM   #47007
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

rebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's asses
no, I never went to a doctor. the nurse I was doing work for last week said a bruised rib and a cracked/broke rib feels the same pain wise and they'll just wrap it up the same as Im doing. so, im just tuffin it out until it heals. everybody around me seems to think it's no big deal but, it hurts when I take deep breaths or some strenuous task. hoping it will heal over time.

Im buying the hydros and percs from a friend. need them for work.

I haven't signed up for Obamacare yet. or I did but, never got a email back. I know, I know. im a fool. it's like signing up for food stamps now.

do you think I need to see a doctor?
Old 06.30.2015, 06:43 PM   #47008
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
no, I never went to a doctor. the nurse I was doing work for last week said a bruised rib and a cracked/broke rib feels the same pain wise and they'll just wrap it up the same as Im doing. so, im just tuffin it out until it heals. everybody around me seems to think it's no big deal but, it hurts when I take deep breaths or some strenuous task. hoping it will heal over time.

I haven't signed up for Obamacare yet. or I did but, never got a email back. I know, I know. im a fool. it's like signing up for food stamps now.

well yeah. hell. and stop getting medicine from a drug dealer. fucks sakes. there's a felony anyone could use to fuck you over.

and broken rib could potentially puncture your lung. what if you get hit on the same spot again?

mira: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...s/con-20029574

get your shit together, man! you have a daughter to look after. you're not 15 anymore.
Old 06.30.2015, 06:55 PM   #47009
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

mmm yr right. maybe tomorrow see somebody but I work all time. me and my daughters' shit is pretty straight. I don't have any custody but I get to see her every week and that's better than nothing or having regrets. thanks for being concern but we're a beautiful team. me and that little squirt head.

so, a punctured lung is what im worried about. in my head I imagine the worse. blood and all. think I might just ride it out or go to a doctor. sleep on it. maybe the out come will be go to a doctor or bust.
Old 06.30.2015, 07:01 PM   #47010
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
mmm yr right. maybe tomorrow see somebody but I work all time. me and my daughters' shit is pretty straight. I don't have any custody but I get to see her every week and that's better than nothing or having regrets. thanks for being concern but we're a beautiful team. me and that little squirt head.

so, a punctured lung is what im worried about. in my head I imagine the worse. blood and all. think I might just ride it out. sleep on it. go to a doctor or bust.

well you should worry also about your ex wanting to fuck you out of visitation by ratting out your pill purchase should she find out/have an interest in keeping you away. i know it all sounds like bullshit but this kind of shit happens all the time because of carelessness like that. she could say to the family judge "my baby is in danger of eating an illegal pill by accident" (that happens too, btw).

i live in a hillbilly area so i see shit like that on a regular basis. everyone around here has done jail time at some point. and i can see why. "it should be okay..." and then, bam.

okay rant over, best wishes.
Old 06.30.2015, 07:11 PM   #47011
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

no no no my friend!!! my baby mama is was more crazier than I am. shit together? more like trying to arrange and sweetening diarrhea with her. if anything, I have the upper hand in this and have way more shit on her. then you might ask a ton of other questions complete with tons of other answers that'll do no good. it's a mess. besides, me and her are pretty tight and on good terms.

anyway, thanks.
Old 06.30.2015, 10:11 PM   #47012
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Whoah.

Listen man, if you've got a broken rib you need to see a doctor, get an X-ray, and have everything evaluated by professional, including the amount of pain medication you're taking and the duration of your dose.

Ribs are tricky. They're close to your lungs, and an X-ray is necessary because a lot of things could go wrong when sharp bones crack around vital organs. Also, if you damaged any cartilage, that's important to note as well. Cartilage can be extremely painful when it tears, and it takes forever to heal. The pain can feel like a broken rib. And two broken ribs can feel like one broken rib. So seriously, get your ass into an ER.

Also- YOU SHOULD NOT BE OPERATING A SANDER WITH A FRESHLY BROKEN RIB/RIBS/CARTILAGE, PERIOD!!!

And for the love of God, you should NEVER take pain medication at your own discretion to relieve pain. This should go without saying. Opiate painkillers are usually pretty damn cheap, so if you go to the doctor and get a legit script, you'll probably pay less per pill than you are now.

Basically everything about what you're doing is totally wrong, and I'm not saying that to be a dick. I've had a number of broken bones, accidents, pain issues etc. I'm not trying to shame you, but I imagine you'd rather not be risking your health, committing felonies and hurting like hell.

Seriously, go see GP or go to an ER if you don't have one. Get an X-ray, take the narcotics THEY GIVE YOU and take time off if they tell you to.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2015, 10:18 PM   #47013
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
or go to an ER if you don't have one.

100% agree oneverything you said, but if he's paying out of pocket i'd advise against the ER. it's the most expensive of all options.

go to a free/cheap clinic or public hospital-- clinics can refer you to a hospital and hospitals have x-rays. just show up as a walk-in and wait for a cancellation to open up a spot. yes you stand in line for a long time but you get seen. yes, time is money but i don't think he makes enough that paying 10 times will be worth it.

that is unless he gets coverage right away (doubtful, but you never know). he should go see a health insurance navigator ASAP, regardless.
Old 06.30.2015, 11:34 PM   #47014
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

I know I know, man I've been worried about this? im not in extreme pain or anything, and the only reason im still posting and awake is because tomorrow is my last day until Monday. everybody around me, co-workers and family doesn't seem concern so I took it at face value. slipping and falling with all my weight on the bathtube edge is a big deal. think I've done more damage by working this whole time.

ok ok. doctor it is tomorrow!!! I mentioned it today to somebody and they said i'll be fine. for now, I need to eat and get sleep.

also: I don't really like taking pain pills. they're kinda crappy. though they do relieve a little.
Old 07.01.2015, 12:39 AM   #47015
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I know I know, man I've been worried about this? im not in extreme pain or anything, and the only reason im still posting and awake is because tomorrow is my last day until Monday. everybody around me, co-workers and family doesn't seem concern so I took it at face value. slipping and falling with all my weight on the bathtube edge is a big deal. think I've done more damage by working this whole time.

ok ok. doctor it is tomorrow!!! I mentioned it today to somebody and they said i'll be fine. for now, I need to eat and get sleep.

also: I don't really like taking pain pills. they're kinda crappy. though they do relieve a little.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't mean to wax pedantic.

... But yeah, they are certainly creepy.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2015, 03:52 AM   #47016
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
For some reason I thought they'd be far more extreme. More like Whitehouse. Not sure why.

For my money, there's truly nothing like, Whitehouse. However, Coil has a few releases that have moments of harshness:

Coil w/ New Blockaders (1984)

How To Destroy Angels
Old 07.01.2015, 06:44 AM   #47017
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
For my money, there's truly nothing like, Whitehouse. However, Coil has s few releases that have moments of harshness:

Coil w/ New Blockaders (1984)

How To Destroy Angels
constant shallowness leads to evil too, that one's totally unbridled fury.

am I alone in thinking that coil were at their peak subsequent to the LSD era? perhaps it's because the sound as presented on their purported classics (horse rotorvator, scatology, stolen & contaminated/LSD etc) has been so heavily co-opted by people like trent reznor as to be stripped of its esotericism, but I think it's more so that they just totally realised and nailed the shit out of their foundational vision on the late 90s/early 2ks stuff. once they'd embarked on all the side projects (elph, time machines, black light district which are all stunning) they seemed to return with such an incredibly focused vision, they tapped into something so very unique all culminating beautifully in the ape of naples which really does function as the quintessential coil LP. I don't know how to describe it but christopherson's fascination with nico becomes pretty readily evident when listening to this stuff, there's an air of really intense mysticism to these releases which on the earlier stuff came across as mere 'anger', far more identifiably industrial which to me became a byword for gothic angst post-TG.

also queens of the circulating library is the greatest melody ever written.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2015, 02:09 PM   #47018
Frosty
little trouble girl

Frosty kicks all y'all's assesFrosty kicks all y'all's assesFrosty kicks all y'all's assesFrosty kicks all y'all's assesFrosty kicks all y'all's assesFrosty kicks all y'all's assesFrosty kicks all y'all's assesFrosty kicks all y'all's assesFrosty kicks all y'all's assesFrosty kicks all y'all's assesFrosty kicks all y'all's asses
Melvins - Night Goat

Frosty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2015, 02:17 PM   #47019
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

Old 07.02.2015, 05:01 PM   #47020
Bytor Peltor
Banned

I forgot about, 'Constant Shallowness Leads To Evil.' I don't own a proper copy of this and haven't listened to my cassette copy in a while.

I believe most original diehards like the pre-LSD Coil the most. Personally, I've always felt the LSD-post in a lot of ways was music to accompany videos or live performances w/ videos.

I so wish they would have recorded more as, Sickness Of Snakes (Boyd Rice).

If you ever run across them, one can't go wrong adding, 'Unnatural History I or II to their music collections!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
constant shallowness leads to evil too, that one's totally unbridled fury.

am I alone in thinking that coil were at their peak subsequent to the LSD era? perhaps it's because the sound as presented on their purported classics (horse rotorvator, scatology, stolen & contaminated/LSD etc) has been so heavily co-opted by people like trent reznor as to be stripped of its esotericism, but I think it's more so that they just totally realised and nailed the shit out of their foundational vision on the late 90s/early 2ks stuff. once they'd embarked on all the side projects (elph, time machines, black light district which are all stunning) they seemed to return with such an incredibly focused vision, they tapped into something so very unique all culminating beautifully in the ape of naples which really does function as the quintessential coil LP. I don't know how to describe it but christopherson's fascination with nico becomes pretty readily evident when listening to this stuff, there's an air of really intense mysticism to these releases which on the earlier stuff came across as mere 'anger', far more identifiably industrial which to me became a byword for gothic angst post-TG.

also queens of the circulating library is the greatest melody ever written.
1851225123012341234823492350 2351 235223532354236124012451 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth