Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Bootleggers Beware
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.13.2007, 01:03 PM   #41
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
so would you say that the only good bands are the ones that are sigend to large record labels?

have you ever seen some kind of monster?

seems to me that you are getting annoyed over nothing.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 01:08 PM   #42
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
so would you say that the only good bands are the ones that are sigend to large record labels?

have you ever seen some kind of monster?

seems to me that you are getting annoyed over nothing.

No I have never said that the only good bands are signed to big labels

History proves that isnt the case

Nor am I annoyed, I simply gave you the more detailed explanation that you asked for

Sorry if that doesnt sit well
ThePits is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 01:10 PM   #43
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
its not that it doesnt sit well. you just seem very narrow minded is all.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 08.13.2007, 01:14 PM   #44
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePits
If you are lame enough to bootleg any band.............

If yr lame enough to say this...
What the hell, dude? People have a right to music, music has a right to the people. This guy had tickets to every one of Prince's shows, yet the stupid fucking cunt pop-star freaks out when he's recording it? WHO CARES? That is absurd! Fuck Prince to begin with for being such a shitty musician, and fuck him again for his greedy fucking morals.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 01:19 PM   #45
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Legitimate downloads are included as sales in the figures

Its the illegal downloads that do the damage

The thing I dont like about it is simple, I have seen so many talented artists who cant get a break due to lack of funding giving up after years of bashing their heads off of corporate walls

Makes you wonder how many bands of truly great potential have been lost

Bootlegging Prince isn't going to save the album.
"Legitimate" downloads of full albums... fuck that is a concept I could never wrap my head around. I'm not even old and nostalgic, yet the very concept of it makes me want to vomit. Buy a real record instead of buying/downloading shit-quality, compressed digital computer files to be played on nearly microscopic pieces of wire and metal shoved in yr head and attached to a faulty, handheld slabs of technology.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
Old 08.13.2007, 01:22 PM   #46
jon boy
invito al cielo

i dont think it hurts musicians generally its the companies that are not making money. so if an exec of sony doesnt get as much money then i really couldnt care less.

knowing many musicians i can honestly say that they all trade bootlegs and d/l stuff and are all still musicians.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 08.13.2007, 01:26 PM   #47
k-krack
invito al cielo

Quote:

so prince might not sell a few extra cd's, which by the way where given out free at the gig, i am not going to stress about that.

haha that kills me, too...
How Prince actually got legitimate album sales by literally adding the cost onto the ticket and giving them to people at the show without their knowing. That is fucking atrocious.
Hey, The Pits... yr protecting this fucking twat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
Prince is a douche (musical genius, but still a douche).
By "musical genius," I assume you mean "manipulative marketing genius"? See above and this entire thread for reasons. Prince is a washed-up fucking jack-ass. Have you actually listented to him lately? I hate everything he's ever done, but his new bullshit is literally the exact same crap as done in the 80s. I thought it WAS stuff from the 80s when I heard it. That's not a good thing... at all.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
Old 08.13.2007, 01:32 PM   #48
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
If yr lame enough to say this...
What the hell, dude? People have a right to music, music has a right to the people. This guy had tickets to every one of Prince's shows, yet the stupid fucking cunt pop-star freaks out when he's recording it? WHO CARES? That is absurd! Fuck Prince to begin with for being such a shitty musician, and fuck him again for his greedy fucking morals.

Um I cant seem to find where I said that
Old 08.13.2007, 01:35 PM   #49
sarramkrop

Out of curiosity, does ThePits work for a record company? Something about the way you put the argument forward makes me think that you might.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 01:35 PM   #50
jon boy
invito al cielo

what about wilco? they gave the record away for free and pissed off everybody at their label. fantastic.

i suppose it depends if your into the love of music or just to make money. i prefer the diy ethic but not to the point of idiocy.

i know plenty of people who let others have their music for free. i give mine away and never really see any money but if someone listens to it and says they like it then great, thats enough for me. maybe we are motivated by different things?

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 08.13.2007, 01:35 PM   #51
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
Bootlegging Prince isn't going to save the album.
"Legitimate" downloads of full albums... fuck that is a concept I could never wrap my head around. I'm not even old and nostalgic, yet the very concept of it makes me want to vomit. Buy a real record instead of buying/downloading shit-quality, compressed digital computer files to be played on nearly microscopic pieces of wire and metal shoved in yr head and attached to a faulty, handheld slabs of technology.

The point of the thread was about how seriously artists/record companies are taking bootlegging these days not about Prince per se nor about "saving" his album

And I only listen to live music
Old 08.13.2007, 01:42 PM   #52
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Out of curiosity, does ThePits work for a record company? Something about the way you put the argument forward makes me think that you might.

No, I've done personal security for bands for about 24 years amongst other things within the music industry

Thats where the insight comes from

I am pleased to say I have never worked for a record company
Old 08.13.2007, 02:03 PM   #53
jon boy
invito al cielo

personal security? does that mean your a security guard at gigs?

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 08.13.2007, 02:08 PM   #54
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
personal security? does that mean your a security guard at gigs?

No it means personal security i.e. tour security i.e. looking after people

For a musician you dont seem to know much about touring terminology
Old 08.13.2007, 02:10 PM   #55
sarramkrop

What are the other things?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 02:11 PM   #56
k-krack
invito al cielo

Oh shit! He's callin' you out on yr bad touring vocabulary!

ThePits, that was the most retarded thing you've said since, well, yr last post. The only people that require "personal security" are rockstar douchecocks like Prince. Shut up.

Quote:
The point of the thread was about how seriously artists/record companies are taking bootlegging these days not about Prince per se nor about "saving" his album

And I only listen to live music

Um... what?
I don't even understand what point yr trying to prove anymore. It sounds like yr just thinking up the dumbest excuses to push whatever half-assed argument you think you have.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
Old 08.13.2007, 02:15 PM   #57
sarramkrop

C'mon k-krack, no need for heavy insults like that. Everyone has to earn a living somehow, right?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 02:17 PM   #58
k-krack
invito al cielo

....but, but!

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
Old 08.13.2007, 02:19 PM   #59
jon boy
invito al cielo

Quote:
No it means personal security i.e. tour security i.e. looking after people

For a musician you dont seem to know much about touring terminology

perhaps thats because i dont need security. if i book a gig or tour i do it myself.

tour security sounds like the most ridiculous thing in the world.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 08.13.2007, 02:21 PM   #60
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
Oh shit! He's callin' you out on yr bad touring vocabulary!

ThePits, that was the most retarded thing you've said since, well, yr last post. The only people that require "personal security" are rockstar douchecocks like Prince. Shut up.

Um... what?
I don't even understand what point yr trying to prove anymore. It sounds like yr just thinking up the dumbest excuses to push whatever half-assed argument you think you have.

Spoken only like the truly ignorant can attempt to articulate

I have never done "ego" security for anyone, only for people who were at risk

You are an expert on whether people need security or not how?

And if you dont like what I have to say, or others, dont read it

Oh sorry you dont get attention that way do you

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth