Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Dear Thurston
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.26.2006, 07:35 PM   #21
Jico

Dear Thurston,....

There's this guy that I really like. He tells everyone that he doesn't even like me as a

friend, but when we're alone together we do things that are reserved for people who think

of each other as more than friends. What do I do?

A friend, more, or less? Huntley, IL

The guy's a jerk. I know that won't discourage you from liking him, but he's got a major personality

flaw: disrespecting you. Be careful of this kind of butthead, because his sleaze behavior may rub off

on you, and then your life will become more and more hellish. Next time you're alone with him and

he tries to get "friendly," tell him your friend Thurston Moore wants to kick his ass. And then tell him

why.

I'm In sixth grade, and I like a boy in fifth, but he's going out with a ninth grader (total

slut). She's only going out with him because I like him, but he doesn't see it. I know he

likes me because every time I talk about another guy, he gets jealous. What should I do?

Karen, New York, NY

You know, it's kinda hard to dissuade a fifth grader from going out with a ninth grader. Especially if

she's a "total slut." But you might want the dude to find out the hard way about the difference

between love and lust. Wait until Ms. Ninth Grader drops Mr. Fifth Grader for someone else. He'll

be bent out of shape, and it'll be up to you to decide if he's worth helping up out of the gutter. If he

realizes your kindness and shows affection, you'll be lucky. If not, look around for someone a little

smarter.

I am 15 years old and have extremely large breasts. I'm not going to get into exactly how

big they are, but they're way bigger than a triple-D. Everyone that I meet, guys especially,

wants to get to know me because of that. The girls try to act like they're fake. What to do?

Big-busted in Brooklyn, NY

Large breasts are a very attractive asset. Some people are turned off by them, but they are a

minority. You're going to have to be proud of yourself and accept the fact that a lot of people are

going to give you grief. Large breasts or large buttocks or large anything will attract attention to the

person who's got 'em, but so what? Laugh all those idiots off and smile to the fact you have

something special.

My first problem is that the boys I like who like me back are kinda shy about making a

first move. The second prob is that I am like this too! Can you give me some tips on

first-move making that won't be scary for either of us?

Not gettin' any, Fresno, CA

Shyness is cool, and if you want to hang out with somebody equally shy, a movie is a good idea

because then you don't have to talk so much. And when the movie's over, you at least have

something immediate to relate to. I know asking someone out is easier said than done, but come on,

you only live once! I should talk, though. I couldn't even look at girls I was attracted to without

blacking out.

I'm a lonely 14 year-old. I'm not pretty, outgoing or interesting. Why do guys only like

beautiful girls? Anonymous

Because the majority of guys are too stupid and insensitive to realize a person like you may possess

qualities of beauty. Become aware of what's beautiful within you and cultivate it. Don't be afraid of

men. Be true to yourself, and hopefully an honest love will come your way. The more you have

confidence and belief in your own beauty, the more likely this is to happen.

There's this really bitchy girl at my school. I can't stand her! I really wanna kick her butt,

but if I do, I won't be able to go on the eighth grade trip, and I could get expelled. Pissed

off, Rosemead, CA

Ignore her. That'll be worse than kicking her butt. She'll probably be in your face even more, though,

so be careful. And anyway, eight years from now you probably won't even remember her. Either

that or you'll be best friends.

Every time something goes wrong and I'm around, I get blamed. Even people I don't know

blame me for things. Blamed in Stratford, CT

Next time someone blames you for something, look 'em straight in the face I and ask, "How may I

correct this situation?" This will startle and dumbfound them. Then go up and kiss them lightly on the

cheek and whisper, "No matter what happens, I will always love you." As you back away, grab

your head and scream bloody murder and run like the wind.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2006, 10:33 PM   #22
6billionghosts
empty page

6billionghosts has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
dreams not drugs!???? oh i don't know
6billionghosts is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2006, 10:56 PM   #23
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
Thurston, answer those zillions of FAQS... dude.
Old 12.21.2006, 10:58 PM   #24
6billionghosts
empty page

6billionghosts has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
ain't got time
6billionghosts is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2006, 11:18 PM   #25
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
then why bothering asking us FAQS?
Old 12.22.2006, 10:35 PM   #26
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
OMG!!!!!! thurston drives a volvo lets get one.....whooooooooaaaa!

Surely, assuming this was true, he'd be able to afford a much nicer car?
Old 12.23.2006, 03:52 PM   #27
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
thurston doesnt smoke pot. lee on the other hand....even steve

Where do you come up with this? Thurston has posted innumerable online journals where he talks about smoking pot. In addition, the song "Providence" on Daydream Nation is made from an answering machine message of Mike Watt calling Thurston about a lost bag of weed. Maybe when his daughter is on tour with them he doesn't...
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2006, 06:05 AM   #28
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Ah screw it I have nothing witty to post on this thread.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2006, 08:07 AM   #29
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
this pics is great.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2006, 01:40 PM   #30
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
thurston has, and occassionally does smoke pot. occasionally. hes stated in counless interviews that hes not a huge fan (anymore).

i know lee smokes a bit.

steve certainly smokes alot.

how i know doesnt really matter.

nor does this post.

He has to be aware his daughter reads his interviews too. They've all always been pretty into moderation where punk bands are considered, but that's only go to increase when you've got a teenage daughter watching what you do, especially in public.
Old 12.26.2006, 12:48 AM   #31
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Quote:
so yr saying he feels the need to hide his pot smoking from his daughter?

fair enough.

even though..i highly doubt coco feels the need to read daddy's interviews.

Hard to say. If my dad was someone like that, I think I'd probably be very curious. Could be she's unimpressed because it's her dad, but not necessarily. You'd have to ask her.
Old 12.29.2006, 11:58 AM   #32
lalie
bad moon rising

lalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asses

Thurston looks so young he could be the face for an anti-wrinkle cream ad.
That's amazing.

lalie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2006, 12:05 PM   #33
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalie

That's amazing.
Nice car !

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2006, 12:18 PM   #34
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
dear thurston, happy new year. yeah i know its in sunday.

i always found new years better than christmas
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2006, 01:30 PM   #35
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalie

That's amazing.

that's true.
easily.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.31.2006, 05:05 AM   #36
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
ahh thurston,
volvos,
pot (thats sooo american) lets say the smoke,
dreams,
daughters being cool

doesnt get any better...... best thread ever.......
Old 12.31.2006, 06:44 PM   #37
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6billionghosts
I had a dream last night that we met and rocked out together. It was awesome. We should jam sometime for real, I play the bass.
-Ross

when
all
of
your
wishes
are
granted

many
of
your
dreams

will
be

destroyed

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2007, 01:25 AM   #38
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Dear Thurston, make me a bird so I can fly far, far far away from here.
Old 01.04.2007, 01:31 AM   #39
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Dear Thurston, WHy am I a dream wrapped in a fajita's childhood?
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2007, 02:19 AM   #40
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
dear thurston

why do i cry every time i cum?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth