Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Last Album You Bought?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.05.2008, 05:11 PM   #3281
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Atlas Sound - Let The Blind Lead THose Who Can See But Cannot Feel + Another Bedroom EP (2 LP)

Albert Ayler - Holy Ghost (9 CDs!!!)

The latter I bought becuase I was stunned to find it in my local record store at the absurdly cheap price of £34 (and becuase it's completely amazing, obviously). The former I picked becuase I needed one more item to fill out my loyalty card for a discount, it's a great cover, and I liked Cryptograms a lot. So overall those 2 cost me a very slim £19 with my discount. Nice!
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2008, 07:18 PM   #3282
diskaholic-anonymous
stalker

diskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's asses
this is my last album i bought: just have two parts of one composition - guitar trio - played live in several cities the same piece sound always different in the 10 performs of this album (divided in three cd's)
who knows Chatham and love minimalism is a good album.

diskaholic-anonymous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2008, 07:27 PM   #3283
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
my latest score from VT, i couldn't wait to see what was on offer at the Colour Out of Space fest but i'm sure i'll get some stuff there aswell.

you liar!!! smelly hippie quarterly (a.k.a. arthur) is free!

nice score, by the way.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2008, 07:43 PM   #3284
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
you liar!!! smelly hippie quarterly (a.k.a. arthur) is free!

nice score, by the way.

it maybe free in the US but i still had to pay £1 for this, to cover delivery

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2008, 08:01 PM   #3286
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
the new kylie minoise fucking hates you records, both are fucking great, easily one of the best noise acts going right now.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2008, 09:00 PM   #3287
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses

Picked it up at half price books this evening.

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2008, 11:19 AM   #3288
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Pubic Fruit - Curve
The Sky's Gone Out - Bauhaus

Disc Exchange is having buy 3, get 1 on used cds. So look for 4 or 8 more soon.
Old 09.06.2008, 03:14 PM   #3289
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Today's purchases, all on CD:
Extended Play (w/DVD) - Ladytron
Velocifero - Ladytron
2 - Darker My Love
So Long, Scarecrow - Scarling. (YES!!! another AMAZING find)
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space - Spiritualized
Close Before Striking - Luna
S/T - LSD and the Search for God
Whip It On - The Raveonettes
Green Mind Reissue - Dinosaur Jr.
White Light/White Heat - The Velvet Underground (I thought it was time to buy a proper copy)
Old 09.06.2008, 03:21 PM   #3290
al shabbray

omg, I wanna spend that much money at once too!!!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2008, 03:23 PM   #3291
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

The only one that was a new cd was the Spiritualized one, all the others were used. With tax it was $79.
Old 09.06.2008, 03:30 PM   #3292
al shabbray

okay, thats a bargain for that amount of good records
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2008, 03:47 PM   #3293
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by diskaholic-anonymous
this is my last album i bought: just have two parts of one composition - guitar trio - played live in several cities the same piece sound always different in the 10 performs of this album (divided in three cd's)
who knows Chatham and love minimalism is a good album.

I was gonna pick that up at the record store last time I was out there, but didn't have enough : (

Old 09.06.2008, 04:12 PM   #3294
diskaholic-anonymous
stalker

diskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's assesdiskaholic-anonymous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan
I was gonna pick that up at the record store last time I was out there, but didn't have enough : (
i had luck cause was the last in the store and that kind of album it's hard to find where i live.
diskaholic-anonymous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2008, 04:15 PM   #3295
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
Atlas Sound - Let The Blind Lead THose Who Can See But Cannot Feel + Another Bedroom EP (2 LP)

Oh man, do I love this album. I don't think ANOTHER BEDROOM holds up quite as well, but the album is incredible.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2008, 04:24 PM   #3296
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskaholic-anonymous
i had luck cause was the last in the store and that kind of album it's hard to find where i live.
Yeah that's pretty awesome.
I dont think its easy to come by anywhere though.

Old 09.06.2008, 05:59 PM   #3297
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Oh man, do I love this album. I don't think ANOTHER BEDROOM holds up quite as well, but the album is incredible.

I largely agree about Another Bedroom, but 'It Rained' makes it worth it. One of the best songs on it. I also wish they'd kept the whole of the EP on side 4, instead of having the first track of it close out side 3, because it means you have to race to the turntable to stop it at 'Let The Blind Lead..." if you want experience just the album.

As for the album proper, yeah, it seems excellent. I've yet to listen to it enough to judge whether it ranks higher than Cryptograms, but I feel it may well in the end. It just has a really wonderful vibe to it. I've played it through 3 whole times in less than 24 hours, which is a lot when you consider it's competing with the Ayler set (which, incidentally, is, aesthetically at least, possibly the most beautiful musical item I've owned. The music obviously needs no talking up)
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2008, 04:54 PM   #3298
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
SYR8. Finally.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2008, 07:02 PM   #3299
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Roxy Music - Country Life*
Okkervil River - The Stand Ins
The Kinks - The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society*
The Kinks - The Kink Kronikles*
The Seeds - The Seeds/A Web of Sounds
John Coltrane - Ole Coltrane*
Burzum - Burzum/Aske*
John Fahey - The Transfiguration of Blind Joe Death*

*already have these, but needed a better quality rip

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2008, 07:34 AM   #3300
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander

As for the album proper, yeah, it seems excellent. I've yet to listen to it enough to judge whether it ranks higher than Cryptograms, but I feel it may well in the end. It just has a really wonderful vibe to it. I've played it through 3 whole times in less than 24 hours, which is a lot when you consider it's competing with the Ayler set (which, incidentally, is, aesthetically at least, possibly the most beautiful musical item I've owned. The music obviously needs no talking up)

I'd rank them almost equally. Though they are very different beasts. But they both hit me the same way which was FIRST LISTEN: eh, it's okay.. wht's all the hype for? think I'll listen again. SECOND LISTEN: yeah. it's good. not great. I want to hear it again. THIRD LISTEN: I can't stop listening to this.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
115155162163164 165 166167168175215265 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth