Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page What If.....
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.30.2006, 03:47 PM   #21
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Stevie would be an interesting mix w/ Sonic Youth. I'd pay to see that show.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2006, 04:42 PM   #22
luckynumber9
bad moon rising

luckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
That's be wicked cool. Iv'e never seen any of the former Nirvana memebers live before, so it would be quite a treat.

Not only did I get to see a former Nirvana member live (Dave during last year's Foo Fighters/Weezer tour) but I also got to touch his arm when he walked through the audience . It was one of the defining moments of my life!

and we looked
and we passed
through the hallway of shatterproof glass
luckynumber9 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2006, 04:58 PM   #23
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
To be honest, I'd rather see Krist than Dave. Don't get me wrong, Daves one of my favorite drummers, but I can't stand the Foo Fighters. & besides, Krist was in Nirvana from the beginning. He's one of the founding father's of Nirvana. Krist over Dave, definately.
-George Carlin
Old 04.30.2006, 05:58 PM   #24
luckynumber9
bad moon rising

luckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard sucka
I don't really have a preference... besides, I didn't own a Nirvana CD until 1992 and really didn't care who was in the band longer. I should mention though, that I'm not really a fan of the Foo Fighters either. I bought their first album in '95 and listened to it over the next year or so, then pretty much lost interest. I was there to see Weezer, for sure. I still thought it was cool to see Dave play the drums for one song though.

and we looked
and we passed
Old 04.30.2006, 06:26 PM   #25
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

I know what you're saying. After I saw SY live, I thought to myself, that band has been on tour w/ Nirvana. & was great friends w/ all of them.
So, the closest I've gotten to seeing Nirvana, was seeing SY.
-George Carlin
Old 04.30.2006, 06:46 PM   #26
luckynumber9
bad moon rising

Yeah, it's a shame I never got to see Nirvana live, but without the internet to find out about shows before they sold out, and parents that didn't really approve of Nirvana, and being only 13 or 14 at the time, not to mention living far away from any major concert venue, made it rather difficult to see them. I think it wasn't until Unplugged aired that my mom finally decided they weren't so bad after all. I think Kurt doing Unplugged reminded our parents' generation of James Taylor (when he still had hair, think "Fire and Rain") or something like that.

and we looked
and we passed
Old 04.30.2006, 08:45 PM   #27
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Hey, I love James Taylor's early years. I waas listening to "Sweet Baby James" earlier, the record that has "Fire & Rain" on it. It's one of my favorite records. I pretty much grew up on that record.
-George Carlin
Old 05.01.2006, 03:39 PM   #28
Unmade Bed
children of satan

Unmade Bed is a splendid one to beholdUnmade Bed is a splendid one to beholdUnmade Bed is a splendid one to beholdUnmade Bed is a splendid one to beholdUnmade Bed is a splendid one to beholdUnmade Bed is a splendid one to beholdUnmade Bed is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
I would def be excited to see this show. I mean, Sonic Youth, & 1 of the founding father's of Nirvana, together on stage, that truly would be ecstasy in paradise.

Agree with you
Unmade Bed is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2006, 10:22 PM   #29
Kallisti23chaos
children of satan

Kallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's asses
Absolutely Not.
Certain Things Should Have Their Place Time and Own True Will ***
Old 05.03.2006, 02:24 PM   #30
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Flea on bass! how hilarious would it be to see slap-bass to SY songs lol
Washing Machine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth